Author Topic: Brian's trip to China...  (Read 9928 times)

David5o

RE: Brian's trip to China...
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2009, 08:11:04 am »
Brian,

Your starting to run at full speed again, slow yourself down mate, get this trip out of the way and under your belt before you start thinking about long term plans. You may come away from China, with more questions than you have answers for. One step at a time Brian, catches the little mouse(y)

By all means be your romantic self over there, but a little word of warning, they also want to see a man they can ''follow''. Which means a man with a strength of character, so please give that some thought before you leave and definitely while your there with her....

David....

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2009, 10:52:51 am »
Hi Guys,  

To David E, interesting, I will check with our immigration folks when I get back.
To David 5o.  No worries David I understand what you are saying.  It just struck me as strange that in all the reading I have done on this forum and over at chnlove I have not seen anyone say the brought their lady to their home country to visit there.  I was thinking perhaps they are not allowed to leave CHina, but then how do we have so many tourists from there here in Canada.

My total focus for the next three weeks is ensuring that what we both think we have is in reality what we have. and doing everything we can to solidify it.  I am not going to jeapordize anything with her.  

Oh and David 50 thanks for being that little voice in my head to keep me on the straight and narrow.  Much appreciated.

Regards to all,

Brian

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2009, 12:04:08 pm »
Brian, I wish for you all that has happened to me.  She and I had a good conversation this evening about it all.  She says she doesnt care what happens from here on out, she is just happy that we are together.  I told her it would be better once we are together in the states.  We get our house in order so to speak.

What other woman would love the Rambo series movies over anything else?  That is what we watched  tonight.  On her recommendation.  god we just fit.

Anything else you need? Just holler.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2009, 04:20:46 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='15377' dateline='1251993848'

Brian, I wish for you all that has happened to me.  She and I had a good conversation this evening about it all.  She says she doesnt care what happens from here on out, she is just happy that we are together.  I told her it would be better once we are together in the states.  We get our house in order so to speak.

What other woman would love the Rambo series movies over anything else?  That is what we watched  tonight.  On her recommendation.  god we just fit.

Anything else you need? Just holler.

Greetings Guys,

Wow Jim, how on earth did you find that most wonderful woman?  loves action movies, especially Stallone, heheh thats just too funny.  You most certainly have a wonderful loving wife and I am glad for you.

With any luck I will be in the same position as you except the married part of course thats not possible at this time but all the rest of it I truly hope Zhen and I  can be as happy as you and Gina.

See you guys in a few days,

Regards,

Brian

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2009, 04:04:02 pm »
Quote from: 'mpo4747' pid='15320' dateline='1251950712'

If Martin, and Ronald, and others here, are living in Canada without their wives .... there must be a good reason for it .... as they wait and wait even past holidays.....

They only talk of going to China to be with their wives, and not the other way around....

I do not think it is easy as you state....

Maybe they can explain it for you, as I am not in that situation just yet ...

Mike

From what I gather, the women need to show proof of resonable grounds for them returning back to China ie: much assests or good paying job. I don't think it matters if they are already married to us or just visting as an invited tourist by us. If they wanted to hide if the permanent visa got denied, then whats stopping an umarried visitor from doing the same? So Mike has the jest of it right. We could apply but chances are the money for the application would be wasted as from most people I know who have applied, got a big fat NO.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 04:06:28 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2009, 04:10:20 pm »
Add on it has to be her money. You can't wire funds to cushion the account. They look to see if this has happen and eject it if it did.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009, 04:21:07 pm »
I was thinking perhaps they are not allowed to leave CHina, but how do we have so many tourists from there here in Canada.

China will let them go...the problem is Canada.  And like it has been said, once you are married, good luck bringing her to Canada on a tourist Visa.  When i was in Guangzhou, I was talking to a guy from Winnipeg, and his wife had been rejected twice to come over as a tourist.

I did hear that one way for them to come as a tourist is to join an organized tour group.  But this does not get her together with you...just allows her to see the country.  The whole situation sucks.  Once married, CIC will do everything in their power to make it difficult.

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009, 04:39:05 pm »
Greetings Guys,

Well I guess if thats the attitude of the government I guess they will just have to lose another taxpayer.  Once my divorce is complete and I have all my paperwork finalized around end decJan then assuming everything goes well this trip I will go and marry her there and stay.  We will not go through all the grief and heartache that the rest of the guys are going through.  We have discussed this and she will follow me wherever I need to go to get work over there.  Once we have been married a few years it should be easier to bring her back to Canada if we still want to.

Live here or live there we dont care as long as we are together.

I will turn 52 the day after I get to China this trip so technically only 3 years after that I can start drawing pensions.  That will help support us over there until I can find a decent teaching gig or something else.  That plus my savings and investments and we wont be rich but should be enough to live on for a while if need be.

So anyway less than 24 hours and I am in the air and on my way to the most wonderful woman in the world.

I will try to update about my trip once I get there and let you guys know how it all goes.

Regards,

Brian

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 04:41:28 pm »
Have a great trip Brian.  I hope you can keep up the Canadian success tradition...but at the same token, keep your eyes open.  Good luck.  I look forward to your trip updates.

Vince G

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2009, 07:03:49 pm »
And photos.. Good luck Brian and have fun.

Offline Bob

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2009, 07:19:27 pm »
Waaaaaiiiiiiitttttttt !! I"M COMING WITH YOU TO CHINA, HELL, I WISH ! LOL.

Have a safe journey and please take lots of pictures to share with us (if that is okay) :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 07:22:18 pm by Bob »

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 11:40:01 am »
If Brian cant, I will have him let me know and i will pass it on.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.