Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 50806 times)

Martin

RE: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »
WTF?  Next they will be testing the rest of us on our french...maybe they will have to test the french on their English skills.  What a country.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 12:15:55 am »
But then it would be ESL and F..CK...oops FTL classes.

I just read the articule and it uses the word "OR" not "AND" so seems okay - just that they used French before the "or" and English after. I guess they were being politically alphabetically correct:huh: viva la other offical language.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 12:19:17 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 05:24:58 pm »
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf is a link that shows the guidlines that immigration officers are to go by for family class aplications.

Offline Chong

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 04:25:16 pm »
I had a chat today with a lady from Ciaris Immigration in Toronto where Martin and I got our Single's Certificate.

First the "Bad News" ...

Everyday the Hong Kong office processes 30 Canadian Immigration application interviews. The success rate is "2" out of 30. :exclamation:

Second, the "Good News" ...

We have to prepare as many documentation & photographs as possible. All questions are revelant ... even your favorite food, your spouse would have to know that kind of info. The interview is conducted in English but your lady is allowed to bring a translator. She should also answer back in English, if she can ... or at least try. An interview can last from 15 minutes to 45 minutes depending on the case.

A successful application can result in an approval in as little as 6 months.

The immigration advisor's advice : Prepare as dilligent as possible before submitting your app.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 05:07:57 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='10153' dateline='1248812716'

IThe success rate is "2" out of 30. :exclamation:

This is only 7% success rate. If Hong Kong has a 48% rejection rate for applications, then I guess most successes come from people not needing interviews. Chong do you think you can ask your friend how many applicants get interviews? Also are the cases processed faster that do not require an interview?

What is unfair is that fake marriages can be arranged were the people just study from a crib sheet the basic information about likes and dislikes. Seems like interviews are given when they suspect fraud.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:43:20 pm by Rhonald »

rcsingle1

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 04:41:43 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='1550' dateline='1240479195'

For you guys in Ontario, there is a great company in the Toronto area that help you get your Single Certificate.  They take care of all the running around.  After you bring them all relevant paperwork (ie. divorce certificate) you have to sign everything in front of the lawyer that they provide.  They take care of all the running around.  Cost for me was $300 Cdn.

http://www.chiaris.ca

Did Chiaris also have everything translated for you, so that all you had to do was have the Chinese Consulate put their approval on the items? Oh, and did they also have the documents notarized by the provincial authority?

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 05:26:56 pm »
Did Chiaris also have everything translated for you, so that all you had to do was have the Chinese Consulate put their approval on the items? Oh, and did they also have the documents notarized by the provincial authority?

They took care of everything.  All I had to do was bring them the initial paperwork (Divorce papers, passport, license, etc).  Then, after they translated it, I went back and signed everything in front of a lawyer that they provided.  From there, they took it to the Ontario Government for their stamp of approval, then they took it to the Chinese Consulate.

I then, picked up the Single Certificate in their office right before enjoying dumplings at table 10 with Chong at the dumpling restaurant in the plaza next door.  Total time for the certificate was two weeks from start to finish.

rcsingle1

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 11:22:18 pm »
They took care of everything.  All I had to do was bring them the initial paperwork (Divorce papers, passport, license, etc).  Then, after they translated it, I went back and signed everything in front of a lawyer that they provided.  From there, they took it to the Ontario Government for their stamp of approval, then they took it to the Chinese Consulate.

I then, picked up the Single Certificate in their office right before enjoying dumplings at table 10 with Chong at the dumpling restaurant in the plaza next door.  Total time for the certificate was two weeks from start to finish.

Thanks for the info Martin!!
I think that I'll give them a call next week. Do you mind if I use your name as a reference? And there was no other paperwork that you needed? Did you have to go to the Canadian Consulate at all in China for any paperwork?

If Chiaris services will make things easier, how can I say no? I am actually now planning on going to China in December before Christmas to get married. Hong is wanting to see me, and asked me to see her earlier than April.  How can I say no to a beautiful woman that wants to marry me?
RC
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:52:29 pm by feisnik »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2009, 03:35:43 pm »
As you can tell RC, Martin's method was easier then mine. Also saves explaining compared to the amount of messages we exchanged. I was scratching my head trying to do it myself and figuring if I missed anything. If I knew of an agency here before I left for my trip, I would have done it the same way.

Arnold

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2009, 03:45:42 pm »
Quote from: 'rcsingle1' pid='12764' dateline='1250306538'

How can I say no to a beautiful woman that wants to marry me?

RC , you can alway's ask one of us here ... to tell her " NO " . :angel:

Good Luck with all the paperwork and hope it will happen for you in December . Nice Christmas Gift for both of you .

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2009, 08:50:52 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='12833' dateline='1250365542'

Good Luck with all the paperwork and hope it will happen for you in December . Nice Christmas Gift for both of you .

And remember - no boxing day returns allowed  :sleepy:

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 02:28:44 pm »
Just remember that the Single Certificate is only good for 6 months...so make sure you use it before it expires.

You will still need to make a trip to the Chinese Consulate to get your travel Visa.  Here is their website address for the Visa section. http://toronto.china-consulate.org/eng/vp/

You can certainly use my name...or Chong's name...it was him that found the place.  He has used their services as well.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 11:30:58 pm »
Guys, I just came back from the Consulate today.  There was a guy in front of me who was sent away, because his passport only had 3 months remaining in it.  I don't think he understood that the Chinese Government requires us to have 6 months left on our passport before expiry date.

Just want to give you the heads up on it.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:51 pm »
Hey Canadian guys...did any of you register your marriage when you got back to Canada?  I tried to in Ontario, but was told it was not needed.  Ontario recognizes foreign marriages, and therefore does not require a copy of the marriage certificate.

The reason i bring this up, is my wife was talking to the wife of another member...one from Sweden, and apparently he registered his marriage with the Swedish Government.  My wife is in a tizzy because our marriage is not registered here in Canada.

What do you think?

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 05:07:07 pm »
Martin same boat - Canada recognizes our little red books so I never bothered registering it here. You still travelling south of the border? down Mexico way ( now I have that song stuck in my head)