Author Topic: Canadian Immigration Process  (Read 50895 times)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
Re: Canadian Immigration Process
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2011, 05:08:38 am »
Rhonald , just further to my last post Sujuan just said to me for her to do this first at the police station they may give a piece of paper saying he cannot be found and by a mothers birth right she has total custody , especially if son also tells them he has not seen father and wishes to go with his mother , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Chong

« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2011, 07:40:06 am »
I think Robert hit it on the nail about greasing a police authority.

Rhon ... Here's the bad news ... If your wife doesn't come to Canada before the expiry date of her medical exam [i.e. one year from the time she took it], you have to submit your application for immigration ALL OVER AGAIN INCLUDING A NEW SET OF FEES & THE SAME DOCUMENTS.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2011, 08:51:51 am »
That not quite right Chong. Her medical expired last summer and once passed the interview in November, if all else was okay, she would have been asked to resubmit a new medical. We still have not received this new medical request. I think what you are thinking about is that once a visa is issued, its expiry date usually coincides with the latest medical expiry date.

But I am worried if we wish to pull her son off the original visa request, that they might then ask us to resubmit everything over again as a new application. My other worry is if they allow her to come alone, they might ask for proof of a legal guardian to take care of her son - and then the catch 21, they would still need the boy's father's approval for this new guardian.

Robert, thanks for the info, but I wonder if the police station to go to for the paper is the one from where the father originally came from. That would be close to Shanghai, but still it would not hurt her to check at her local police station for information.

I will phone our immigration call center today to get additional information. I have already sent an email to Hong Kong, but they are notorious for not replying.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:03:56 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2011, 10:52:16 pm »
We are all with you Rhonald.  We are all hoping for a fast resolution to this mess we call Immigration.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2011, 11:22:33 pm »
I wonder why the Canadian Beaurocracy always seems to get it's knickers in a Knot and drag things out so much ???

I think it must be genetic because a perfect piece of Canadian Beaurocracy stuff - up came to my notice....

I was watching a late, late piece of rubbish on the TV the other night (insomnia you know !!). It was a docco about the last days of the War with the Japanese, and covered the surrender ceremony on-board the USS Missouri in Tokyo Harbour.

There were the Japanese delegates in morning coats and top-hats and of course, the military representatives from all the Allied Nations that had contributed to the War effort.

First the Japanese signed the 2 documents of surrender...with neatness and precision (although they did look a bit pissed off !!!)

Then it was the turn of all the Allied Commanders to sign........

4th on the list was the Canadian rep........Major General somebody or other.........

And he signed IN THE WRONG PLACE on the document !!!!

Of course, all the others who came next...were in a complete tizz about it, because they now could not sign in the right spot on the documents.

The Japanese were furious and began to demand that the whole thing be postponed until a new set of blank documents could be provided...this would of course mean that War was again declared in the interim day or so !!!

Nobody could quite work our what to do, until Blamey (the Aussie) suggested that the American legal eagle present, strike out all the typed titles on the document and hand wrote them in to compensate for the Canadian goof-up.

Everybody finally agreed to this and the War got ended on the right day !!!!

Only in Canada  ;D ;D ;D

Offline halfpint

« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »
Maybe the Canadian reps were from our Province of Quebec and they couldn't read English?  Nah, most likely there was a Japanese girl standing nearby and their eyes were wandering!  Thumbs up to the Canucks, they know what's important!!
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2011, 04:58:07 pm »
Probly a Newfie!

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2011, 09:23:57 am »
Here's a web site that claims that these are the stances each party is taking for the upcoming election in Canada.  Not sure how much of this I can believe, however it does make for an interesting read...

http://www.canadasworld.ca/learnmor/whatdoesea/partyposit~5
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #248 on: September 24, 2011, 09:54:35 am »
The Long wait has ended and the final curve is being taken with the Finish line in sight  ;D

Normally the request for the passport submission is after the medical gets redone. Luckily we can submitt both at the same time to speed up that final Lap. And now there is a recognised medical doctor in Shenzhen so she does not need to travel to Guangzhou for the medical.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:55:55 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #249 on: September 24, 2011, 10:10:01 am »
Its nice to see that CIC hasn't forgotten about you.  Hopefully the end is in sight for you.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2011, 05:48:58 pm »
Congratulations Rhonald, and Merry Christmas. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline shaun

« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2011, 06:03:25 pm »
Rhon it sounds like you are close to having all of this finished.  I'm happy for both you and your wife.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2011, 06:31:10 pm »
Rhon

You would have to win the Gold Medal for patience and perseverance.

So pleased to see that the end is in sight..........but then again......., so is the beginning  ;D ;D ;D

Congrats...David

Offline maxx

« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2011, 12:18:09 am »
congratulations Rhon wishing you and your wife the best of luck.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #254 on: October 05, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »
For any Canadians who had their wives arrive to our Maple shores, did any of you have your wife send cargo by ship for the move? Just checking about information for allowance amount for customs & what kind of price did the Cargo cost.

Funny thing, if it comes by Ship it's called Cargo but if delivered by truck it's called Shipment.