Author Topic: Connecting with brothers in China  (Read 26815 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Connecting with brothers in China
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2011, 10:50:15 pm »
Changsha in the Winter?  Sweden in the Summer?  Should have that the other way round. It was freezing cold there this Winter.   My Father in Law came down from Hunan Province to spend the winter with us.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Peter

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2011, 05:52:40 am »
Willy.. Changsha is called one of the 7 chimneys because the temperature will climb to over 40 degrees C in the summer.. Last time I was there in July it was 40 to 43 degrees so you could not go outside in the middle of the day. In the evening it was about 30 to 35 degrees... In Sweden it is only about 28 to 30 degrees daytime and 25 in the evening...
My wife doesn't think I can adopt to the high temperature... I guess I will have to prove her being wrong..
I guess we will have to have another discussion about this my wife and I   :D

Peter
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »
Or better , never live in that abominable place called Sweden again  ;D (Yes i have a grudge with Sweden ;) )

Im in Beijing for 1 year+ ahead it seems if anyone wants to hook up. We plan to save up and buy an apartment in Quingdao for later next year but better hurry before prices starts climbing like crazy there as well.
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2011, 11:11:14 pm »
hi Mikael 
you call Sweden abominable  place to live  England is worse 
am i right willy   
willy know best he left the god forbidden place
what is it about Europe 

i to Mikael is leaving England to move to china  for good  to Chengdu  i  can not wait
 hey willy what is the word to describe  England   ;)
anyway back to all good things  it is china  :)

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 11:13:25 pm »
oh yes Mikael  all the best in your new life in china 
and good luck with your business adventure
regards joey and Sophia

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2011, 11:47:24 pm »
Thank you very much  :D And same to you.

Yes i hear from alot of UK brothers and sisters too that the situation is going out of hand in UK as well. Sweden is remarkable though. I mean, it really takes skills and dedication to bring a country from the top.. to name but a few; 3:rd richest in the world per capita, 2:nd best healthcare system in the world, a role model in Nuclear science for the US, Europes second largest music export, rated as safest country in the European Union, Home of several international innovators and international strong brands such as Ikea, Volvo, Saab Automotive, Saab Aerospace, Hasselblad, Hennes & Mauritz etc etc to today: From 3:rd to 12:th richest country (prognosis says 33:rd place in 10 years), WORST healthcare of all OECD countries, Rated for worst Nuclear Powerplants in the world, Now rated unsafe to visit even by China and Thailand, all our big brands and innovators has left , been sold or went bankrupt.... You could practically write a book about the quick downfall and it would end up fatter then any Encyclopedia. Politicians and leaders who fails arent enough to accomplish this. But someone who is very determined to make sure of it is. Oh .. did i mention FRA, our arab mass immigration problems , WORLDS highest taxes (yeah, Sweden now officially passed UK) ... Yeah its an abominable place and im not gonna sponsor it any further thats for damn sure.

Thank god we have China  8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 11:49:43 pm by Mikael_Shim »

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2011, 07:17:19 am »
Still there is always ABBA to cheer up with!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2011, 06:12:45 pm »
Hi All

It does seem a bit strange to me, composing a reply to Mickaels very thought provoking and realistic post about the situation in Sweden.
I just had a wonderful, romantic Valentine dinner with my wife,
on the beach, sitting in front of the beautiful Andamon Sea, drinking champagne and eating grilled lobster,
whilst a guitarist plays quietly in the background ........and we only have 4 other couples in sight doing the same thing
....we are in our own little bit of heaven here !!!

But I guess Mikaels post reminded me that most of us cannot escape the reality that the World we knew, and grew up in
 is rapidly changing into something quite nasty.
The situation you describe Mike, about Swesen is being repeated in just about every "civilised" country in the world.....even Australia !!

Make no mistake, we are on the threshold of something real bad...and I dont know if it will take 2, 5, 10 or 50 years to eventuate
but we are in the downward spiral, the descent to mediocrity because we have (or rather, our Politicians have) allowed the unrestricted migration of
too many people who are culturally and totally opposed to our way of life to enter our world and change it from within.......by stealth.

There is hardly a "normal" person who does not strongly oppose such undermining of our basic beliefs and standards, but the agenda.....as
usual is being run by a handful of freaks and do=gooders who dont give a damm about consequenses.

This is not meant to be a racist post........races dont count in this particular drama...but cultural differences do. I will leave you to each work
out what cultural you consider to be dangerously different........but something will have to give and it wont be pretty.

David

Offline shaun

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2011, 07:34:12 pm »
David &  Mikael,  There are several different forces pushing the envelope so to speak to change society as we once knew it.  Today I heard on a radio show, the people talking about something that we would have not even considered in America as little as 20 years ago.  I didn't catch all of it but there was apparently a study done that said on average the government spends more medically on a person the last six months of their life than the previous seventy years including private insurance.

The idea was presented that in an effort to reduce spending, the government would keep close eye on medicaid recipients and when the government, no one else, determined that the individual was on a downward spiral to death that they would stop paying for medical treatment.  How does one explain this to a person who has invested all of their life into the government only to be left high and dry?

I know this wasn't what you were referring to but it is a part of the picture.  It is a good think at this point in life that we have selected the women we have.  Hopefully China will hold a higher regard for human life.

I don't think that many of the people messing up our countries will find traction for the ideology in China.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 04:57:06 am by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2011, 11:47:22 pm »
There are to many public sector people that don't belong in the lead position. If they had a half a brain they may be more dangerous.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2011, 12:22:36 am »
David is spot on regarding my means and thoughts. Multiculturalism is now being condemned widespread in Europe by Sarkozy, Merkel, etc. We are now reaping the harvest of mass integration of primarily Arabs and Muslims into our nations where the integration has failed completely. Today there are 73 million Arabs in Europe and it keeps growing. Like David says, this is not a a race question/problem but a cultural one.  There are far too many cauldrons boiling in the world today, the middle east region, the DPRK and ROKK situation , and now big parts of Europe etc andwe have far to many global problems of "impending doom" ticking. It will spill over of course, it is only a question of when, and where it spills over first. Because i am sure it doesnt matter if the situation escalates first in DPRK or in Iran, when it turns to war the rest will follow and the world as we know it will turn into a rather different place then what we are used to.

It has been my firm belief since i was around 20 already. That if i am not to die unexpectedly being hit by a train or some other unforeseeable incident but by natural means / cause of age. I will live to experience a new global war, and for sure the global use of WMD's. Its not a pretty thought but the current situation in the world will soon have no other options. I dont want to live forever, but i do want to live when im alive and healthy. Theres little we can do to stop the progress of whats happening around us now. So i say to myself and to my friends and family, make the best of the life you have here on earth while you can.

Offline shaun

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2011, 05:14:25 am »
Mikael, there are many more issues including the one you mention which is most complex one in of itself.  There are many other things to consider also.  For example they are in a political struggle within themselves too.  If our governments would leave them alone they might implode from within.  All we can do at this stage of the game is wait and see and hope.

You say that we should live life to its fullest.  We should be doing that regardless of what is happening on a national front.  I am certain that you would agree with this that the only real sanity we have right now is the women that we have chosen to fall in love with.  ;)  I know it is that way with me.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 08:18:35 am »
For sure Shaun :)

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 06:27:49 pm »
Shaun

Just to add a little more to your "aged care" words........
It is very logical to think that folk require more practical and medical as they age, this has been the case since we came down from the trees !!
The mark of a civilisation is how compassionately it treats its aged, even stone age people cared for aged folk, and their job was much tougher !

What has been lost in the statistic you mentioned is the fact that it is NOT the medical costs that are the problem.........it is the mountain of Administration
 and Beaurocracy costs that are wrecking the Heakth care "deliverables".........only 44 cents in every dollar spent ever gets to a Patient !!!!

The same sort of ratio exists in almost every facet of Government Administration of OUR money.........does not matter which Country......they are all the
 same.

Offline shaun

« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:22 pm »
David,

You are absolutely right.  I remember when my father was alive all of the paperwork that was done.  People have no idea.  Anything government = a multitude of paperwork.  I have to complete forms everyday in my job.  Before I can move 6 inches in the morning I have to fill out 3 forms.  There is a time sheet that I fill out in 15 minute blocks.  Then there is the pre-trip form for inspecting my bus.   Then finally there is the grounds record of how the school property looked since I am the first to arrive every morning.  If there is a confrontation with a student or a parent there is a form for that...  You get the idea.

We have a person who works for out schools system.  His job is to shred paper once a month.  It takes him almost 6 days to complete the task each month.  Fortunately everything is scanned in and saved on disk.  We keep the paper recorded 5 years before they are shredded.  It is insane.

There was another David on this site that had it right as far as the infiltration into other countries.  But I always reach to hope that everything will eventually be all right.