Author Topic: My Trip , as it unfolds !  (Read 19805 times)

Arnold

RE: My Trip , as it unfolds !
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2009, 07:17:01 pm »
I myself think ICN in Seoul got to be my number one . Come out of Plane short walk to the Transfer / Security check point , up an Escalator and your on easy street ( nice two - way ) Mall strip with all the Gates to the right and easy to find and your on your way wherever . The last time I was in Germany in 2007 , I got picked up by my Mom And Uncle , which has been to Frankfurt dozen of times . Well , now it took him 1 - 1/2 hour to just get to the Car and out to the Autobahn .... it's so large .
As for Airline , I still think Asiana is the best overall , because they use the 777 / 200 and it's 3-3-3 seat's across and the 767
( I think ) 3-4-3 ... more side space and more leg room ... then the 747's 3-5-3 . And I been flying from the TWA day's , try'd them pretty much all . To Germany it's Lufthansa only for me , to get into the mood and start practicing my German .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2009, 07:18:39 pm »
With the amount of tears that you two shed mate, why did you not just swim back:huh:

:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Arnold

« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2009, 07:22:13 pm »
Now I know why he is wearing his Lifejacket to say goodbye . Hehe

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #108 on: October 03, 2009, 07:23:53 pm »
Arnold your last day in Hong Kong sounds like you had a blast...Enjoyed reading all about your trip:icon_biggrin:

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #109 on: October 03, 2009, 07:28:51 pm »
Best airline for me has to be Cathay in economy, although Qatar is supposed to be excellent, just going through Doha is a bummer. Worst in flight is Air Chance, although they cleaned up their act on the ground, check-in is really easy at least in Paris. The planes, I hate them all, although I once slept really well on Air Chance thanks to a first class bump in a 747, very comfy! But I usually sleep anyway, I just felt a tad fresher after that flight than usual, even though I had plenty of Crystal Roederer ^_^

Hey Irish, I love Ryanair, quick, efficient, no BS. Great and cheap for a short ride. But I don't like Dublin airport as much as you do, security can sometimes be slow, and when you arrive, you walk past the exit several times in a labyrinth before finally managing to get out of the airport. Departure area is nice with the pubs/restaurants as you mentioned.

Arnold, you mean the new Franz Josef Strauss in Munich? It must be good because I don't really remember it, but it's really far from the city.
Go deep or don't go

Arnold

« Reply #110 on: October 03, 2009, 07:35:58 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='18809' dateline='1254612531'

Arnold, you mean the new Franz Josef Strauss in Munich? It must be good because I don't really remember it, but it's really far from the city.

Frank , in München ??? No , I have never been to Munich . I mean Frankfurt / Main Airport , it has grow so much it's a City in itself .

That's what you do when there is no Taxi anywhere empty . It was a Fun Ride . NO , I did NOT pee in my Pant's of the scary Ride . Hehe
What a great Singer this Woman is ... my LaoPo .
Our Translator and friend.
The birthday outfit I bought her in HK .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:56:23 pm by Arnold »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #111 on: October 03, 2009, 07:44:26 pm »

Best airline for me has to be Cathay in economy, although Qatar is supposed to be excellent, just going through Doha is a bummer.

Hey Irish, I love Ryanair, quick, efficient, no BS. Great and cheap for a short ride. But I don't like Dublin airport as much as you do, security can sometimes be slow, and when you arrive, you walk past the exit several times in a labyrinth before finally managing to get out of the airport. Departure area is nice with the pubs/restaurants as you mentioned.

Qatar airways..no question THE BEST to fly with, super quality food, unlimited drinks (in economy class) and the stewardesses are honest to God model standard..every last one of them...you have not seen stunners like them until you've flown on a flight with 'em. You are getting first class experience in economy class..anyone that says any other airline is  better..never flew with Qatar Airways..its that simple!!

Listen here Frenchie or is it Sour Kraut? , you need to eat more spuds!! :icon_twisted:
Great pics Arnold, is that another forum member in the last picture with his lady?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:50:51 pm by Irishman »
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #112 on: October 03, 2009, 08:00:42 pm »
Quote from: 'Irishman' pid='18813' dateline='1254613466'

Best airline for me has to be Cathay in economy, although Qatar is supposed to be excellent, just going through Doha is a bummer.

Qatar airways..no question THE BEST to fly with, super quality food, unlimited drinks (in economy class) and the stewardesses are honest to God model standard..every last one of them...you have not seen stunners like them until you've flown on a flight with 'em. You are getting first class experience in economy class..anyone that says any other airline is  better..never flew with Qatar Airways..its that simple!!

Listen here Frenchie or is it Sour Kraut? , you need to eat more spuds!! :icon_twisted:

Great pics Arnold, is that another forum member in the last picture with his lady?

Irish , NO . That is our Translator from GZ and her Friend and Photographer for the Agency she want's to start . Just think , she is only 26 and thinking of doing it on her own already ... after three year's with Chnlove .

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2009, 08:19:27 pm »
And she's cute too ^_^

Yes sour kraut would be inline with the passport Paddy :D
Go deep or don't go

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2009, 08:30:19 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='18816' dateline='1254615567'

And she's cute too ^_^

Yes sour kraut would be inline with the passport Paddy :D

Hehe, Arnold sorry for hijacking your thread, I blame VOIP for sidetracking the whole thing :P

With looks like hers and determination I bet she'll go far.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Arnold

« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2009, 09:17:14 pm »
I don't let things like this bother me the least . Things should be said as one thinks of them , even if it does not fit the subject at the moment . I have done that all my Life . Sooner or later , I know we will be back on the Track , or procentages will fly everywhere .

Love the Roadway's at night (SH) .
Nice photo of our TianChi .
Qing's Dad's Bonsai Tree , this is a very hard art to make it grow after your will .
From the Financial Building ... the JinMao and the Oriental Tower .
The Train Station right from my Hotel Room ( the JingGao Hotel ) five minutes from the US Consulate .
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:30:46 pm by Arnold »