Author Topic: My Trip , as it unfolds !  (Read 19803 times)

Arnold

My Trip , as it unfolds !
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:21:01 pm »
Hi Guy's , I've made it to Seoul this far . It seems those flight's are getting longer and longer . Lucky I had a nice Lady ( young ) sitting next to me . Talk and talk we did , as she was going to Guangzhou herself .. but for work . Shared many story's between us . I have four hour's to kill here , but like I alway's have said ... this is my favorite Airport so far . Kick back and have myself a real Coffee , and think of you Guy's . hahaha
I will report back from Shanghai , ones I have met up with Sly and maybe his new GF .
But give me a couple of day's first with my Sweetheart , before anything comes out of that Hotel room .:icon_cheesygrin:

Vince G

RE: My Trip , as it unfolds !
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:14:47 pm »
You quietly slipped away onto the plane. Enjoys and send our best, or your best and say it's from us? whatever? :icon_biggrin:

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 06:48:35 pm »
Yeah...I remember your last trip Arnold...it was almost a week before you came up for air to give us a report.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:59:35 pm »
Have a blast Arnold, try to emerge from the hotel room now and again haha!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Bob

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:05:47 pm »
Have a great trip Arnold, please keep us updated and pictures if possible.:icon_biggrin:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »
Arnold, please tell that lovely woman, hello from all the brothers, good luck you two
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline elizi

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »
GOOD GOOD
^_^Lizi^_^

Vince G

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 10:41:02 pm »
elizi, Welcome, you shocked me. My lady says Good, Good.

??????????????????????

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 10:56:54 pm »
Welcome, I had to go back and look at the photo ahoh, here comes Zhou,

?????????????????:icon_cheesygrin:
Zhou.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 02:23:25 am »
Have a good trip Arnold.  We know everything is good between you two.  I have become a believer in Korean Air Lines and Seoul also.  My trip over, they upgraded me to business class for free, now because i have a layover in Seoul they have given me a room at the airport.  This was all for $875 RT from Chattanooga, Tn. Plus my Delta Air Miles get updated.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 03:39:08 pm »
Hi Arnold ;)
So now that you are there, I just have to finish all the things I have to do here in France, before coming in Shanghai for sunday, at morning ;)
BTW, as I would be at the airport for 07:00 am, I should be free for the breakfast and after too ;) (just need a bit time to go to the hotel to let my bag and so on and it'd be ok :) )
or we'll surely find a way to see each other anyway, I'll do my best for that ! THE FIRST ONE BROTHER I'll MEET ^^'
I just wish you and your wife all my best wishes, until I'll meet you :)
- Let's Rock -

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 04:01:44 pm »
arnold...sorry brother all the best on your trip mate...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

David5o

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 06:30:53 pm »
Jim B ,

Yeah Korean Airways, is much better these days, but not too long ago they didn't have a particularly good safety record, there pilots were a little too ''slap dash''!!  In fact, all there international pilots had to undergo refresher courses in Germany, UK and the States, over a period of 18 months.

While working in Libya with a Korean main contractor, i became very friendly with one of the two pilots that flew the company/project aircraft. He was a Brit, that had emigrated to Canada. The other pilot was a Korean that had previously been flying 747's for Korean Airways, but had failed some sort of assessment after an altercation landing at Seoul Airport. I gather that he took early retirement, and ended up flying as a company pilot with my friend.  My friend wasn't too impressed with this guys skills as a pilot, especially on his manual landing abilities, and refused to let him undertake any such landings.... haha!!  My little pilot friend, did me quite a few favours, in saving me 12 hour road trips from Tripoli the Benghazi!! ...lol!!

As a  footnote, i think my friend is now retraining with Air Canada on 737 400's

David....
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 06:31:46 pm by David5o »

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 07:21:49 pm »
That's Martin by her side.  That would make her Martin's beautiful wife, Zhifang Li.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 08:27:13 pm »
Hi  Guy's , first thanks for all the best wishes . I did get to go out of my Room at about 6'00 PM yesterday and had a wonderful Dinner waiting for me at Qing's Parent's house . Her brother was also there . He has booked my Flight to GZ also , so pretty much not much to worry . Haha
Being together again is such a great feeling after almost seven month's and of course there is alot of catching up to do . We did make up a week already .:angel::heart:
I'm also hopping to meet Sly on Sunday for Dinner or on Monday before I leave for GZ for breakfast . I will leave SH on the 21st and not get back here till the 29th .
It's kind of rainy here the last couple day's , but welcome ... it's not too Hot and that is a good thing , remembering August .
Qing is getting ready now for breakfast , so I don't have too much time on here .
Photo's , I will try ... but only took a handful so far . If I find a way to put them on .. I will , otherwise when I get back . Qing does not seems to be too nervous about the interview yet , which is good to see . With all the proof we have , I think she will not get to nervous on the 23rd . Ater all ... she is a cool Chick !!!:icon_cheesygrin:

Later Guy's , she does not take too long to get ready , like some I know .