Author Topic: Accidental Experiment at Chnlove  (Read 6781 times)

Offline Proteus

RE: Accidental Experiment at Chnlove
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 04:44:20 am »
The total amount of male members would amount to 300 to 400 thousand but about active rate I have no idea. This result come from our search engine. As we select men to send admiration letters to, we search for proper ones according to the standard ladies set (sometimes you can see their standard in profiles). I have once set the time of regisration from foundation of chnlove till the time I made the search and age from 18 to 99, and got that result. It varied slightly every time. I think chnlove never deletes a man's profile except in few examples such as David's so the total figure is so huge. But I think only chnlove headquater knows how much active members there are.

About DavidE's advice, chnlove would be very happy if whoever joins buy credits immediately but it doesn't help to eliminate scam admiration letters. Who send these letters are translators of agencies and they have no way to know if the target man has credits on his account. So I think Brett is right to say the huge number of inactive members is one reason for the extremely low responding rate. The other I think is the fierce competition among agencies.

Well, to be honest, with my limited experience of a single agency, I find that admiration letters are not very differently treated from cupid notes. I present that example of one lady who was frustrated in preparing admiration letters herself not to win your sympathy but to prove a word "inevitable". As I have said before, when ladies join this site through agencies, they usually pay a huge amount of overall fee unlike your clear investment in EMFs. Yet chnlove has a strict rule that agencies can charge nerve a penny from them for receiving, sending, and translating EMFs. So where do their fees come for? If an agency charges them such a huge fee and still ask them to write every admiration letter to every man they have interest in and decide whether to respond every cupid note yet give them no gurantee of positive response from men, will they still be willing to pay that fee? Sometimes ladies happily accept the service of "picking" the right one for them because they can enjoy the "fruit" without the hardship of plowing and weeding.

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 11:21:34 am »
Nice to meet you Proteus, I've read many of your posts and appreciate your input tremendously! I think I should replace "still herding" by "plowing and weeding" in my profile, your vocabulary is excellent! Are you sure you're Chinese? ^_^ Keep it coming, your contributions are really precious, thank you sincerely for them.
Go deep or don't go

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 03:34:47 pm »
Proteus...welcome back old friend.  You have provided some good insight into the cupid notes and admiration letters.  please keep up with your work here.  Fantastic information.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 06:50:48 pm »
Hello Proteus, I'm new to the Brotherhood and I really value the information you are providing for us.  I wonder if you could address a discrepancy I discovered earlier today?  I'm a registered Chnlove member who is writing to a lady on that site and I was checking my Chnlove sent and received EMF folder today and discovered that a credit had been taken/deleted that I knew nothing about.  The only reason I could possiby think of was that I had moved my last received EMF from my lady in to my email inbox.  However, I have checked the Chnlove site procedures and can find nothing that says Chnlove (or the particular agency) can or do do this.  In your experience, is this standard practice by Chnlove or the agencies?  If it is, it's being done in a very covert manner and, replcated across a wide number of members would represent a sizeable (and possibly fraudulent) income for Chnlove (or the agency concerned).  On another note, I stringly suspect that I am , in the main, corresponding with a translator/translators; what is the best way of going about putting a stop to this - without upsetting or causing problems for my lady - so that my EMF's are received and sent "as if" as guarantedd by Chnlove in their EMF procedures?  I would be grateful for any advice you could give.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 07:09:52 pm »
John, you get deleted one credit for sending an emf and one if she replies to it, do you mean that you got charged more credits than that?
I agree its a bit steep but that's the system.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

shaun

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 09:18:13 pm »
John,

This happened to me from time to time in the beginning.  I let chnlove know about it and they refunded the credits.

Shaun
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:18:39 pm by shaun »

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 11:26:16 pm »
Yes, Irishman, I understand that is the procedure and that you are deleted 1 credit for each EMF you send and 1 credit for each reply you receive.  It is a bit steep but I'm ok with that and I accept it.  What I was asking Proteus about is something altogether different:  I appear to have been deleted 1 credit for simply moving a received EMF from my Chnlove EMF Received Mail folder to my hotmail inbox.  There is no other way that 1 credit could have been deleted.  If this is the case, and I strongly suspect it is, it's not steep - it's SNEAKY and certainly not, as far as I can see, within Chnlove's EMF transaction procedures, unless it's been very carefully hidden!  

I also have another question for Proteus in that, I have discovered that the 6000 characters Chnlove allows you for an EMF also incudes the spaces in your letter so, on average, when using my full character allowance I get, say, 4500 characters and not the 6000 Chnlove unequivocally states you are allowed.  Again, very sneaky?  I have had a couple of exchanges with Chnlove Customer Services about this and so far they have given me the 'smoke and mirrors' treatment and their ambiguous avoidance of my simple, direct question is an art form in itself.  Nevertheless, I shall persevere.

Nice talking to you!
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='18936' dateline='1254705493'

John,

This happened to me from time to time in the beginning.  I let chnlove know about it and they refunded the credits.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Sorry, I missed your post before I replied to Irishman but thanks for that and I'll be on to Chnlove later today.  It's not the 1 credit; it's the principle of it. Hey, that could be a good signature........

Nice to meet you here.

John
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 11:32:20 pm by Johnboy »
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Vince G

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2009, 12:12:37 am »
John, moving the EMF to your email is the same as reading (receiving) it. So that's the reason for the 1 credit.

6000 characters includes spacers in the letter. Even though your not having a letter in there it counts as a space. This is common in computer and any typing. If you ever had a typing speed test they count the spaces as well. (50 wpm) Any place you write words has a limit and spacing is counted.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 03:14:54 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='18943' dateline='1254715957'

John, moving the EMF to your email is the same as reading (receiving) it. So that's the reason for the 1 credit.

6000 characters includes spacers in the letter. Even though your not having a letter in there it counts as a space. This is common in computer and any typing. If you ever had a typing speed test they count the spaces as well. (50 wpm) Any place you write words has a limit and spacing is counted.

How does that work out Vince? I had already received the EMF - and read it - and paid for it! Having done that, surely it was my property and I was free to move it to my email inbox? 6 USD simply to move a letter..Wow! Chnlove are better than I thought :@

Thanks for explaining about the spaces, I didn't know about the typing speed test as I've never had one (and if I did I would fail - miserably hahaha) but surely that is a different point.  My point is that Chnlove state unequivocally that you are allowed 6000 characters for each EMF.  They do not say that this includes spaces.  Moreover, the validity of that point would seem to be substantiated by Chnlove's reply when I challenged them on it; they were like: Doh? Yes, er no, er we will get back to the esteemed customer. Not; yes it does, or no it doesn't and either way we ought to state it or make it clear.  Anyway, 6000 (effectively 4500) characters is way too short and I think we should be pressing Chnlove on that.  Perhaps Chnlove should allow us to have the characters our lady's don't use in their EMF's, I would be ok then, my lady only uses about 50....................only joking! hahaha

shaun

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2009, 04:53:23 am »
Vince, John Boy,

Again it happened a couple of times early on and chnlove gave me back the credits. It didn't do it every time.  I think it is a flaw in their programming.  Finally I just started using copy and paste in Word.

Goodnight Vince, Goodnight John Boy,

Shaun

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 05:11:28 am »
I move it to my gmx address and it doesn't cost me, but I also do as shaun does.

Welcome Johnboy

brett

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2009, 06:08:50 am »
Wow, you must write long letters. I've never gone over the limit. I have lots to tell my lady, but not that much :angel:.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2009, 08:16:05 am »
Thanks Shaun and Rob, copy and paste is a great idea, I'll do that next time.  And thanks for the welcome Rob, I've read lots of your posts - very impressive!
Quote from: 'brett' pid='18951' dateline='1254737330'

Wow, you must write long letters. I've never gone over the limit. I have lots to tell my lady, but not that much :angel:.

Yea Brett, I get it all out of books - like Wuthering Heights and Gone with the Wind!:icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:18:51 am by Johnboy »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2009, 09:15:59 am »
I have taken to clicking the printable page link and then print them out during the night shift in work so nobody see'em haha!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

brett

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 09:28:12 am »
Quote from: 'Johnboy' pid='18959' dateline='1254744965'

Yea Brett, I get it all out of books - like Wuthering Heights and Gone with the Wind!:icon_biggrin:

Wow, perhaps I should write my lady some poetry. A lot of things I've written I have stolen from the Chobits anime - it's one of the most inspiring things I've ever watched and I fell in love with Rie Tanaka's songs on the opening and closing credits. In fact it's partly why I decided to find my Asian lovely in the first place :blush:.