Author Topic: Accidental Experiment at Chnlove  (Read 6782 times)

Offline David

Accidental Experiment at Chnlove
« on: September 27, 2009, 01:41:37 pm »
Well as some of you might remember I was kicked off the official Chnlove site after telling them I have found my future wife and asked for a refund of about $100.00 in credits that I would never spend.  It was that or give them away to another brother.  I was a little sad that after they refunded my credits they then revoked my membership since I was still active on the forums there and had planned to add Anna's and my wedding photograph there as a success story.

Anna and I plan to change our last name to my Grandparents name after she becomes a US citizen so I decided to rejoin Chnlove using my work email and the new name I will be using.  Since this membership was just to be able to use the forums I put nothing into my profile.  They ask for between 100 and 1000 words to describe yourself.  I only put To be filled in later.  I also did not upload a photograph of myself.  

To my complete amazement after two days I had received 7 admiration letters.  I didn't make my account invisible since I really have no photograph or profile posted.  These admiration letters were telling me how handsome I looked and how honest and sincere I sounded and how they could tell I was such a good man.  It was all complete hogwash!  All seven of those admiration letters have to be form letters automatically mailed out by the agencies.  I now doubt that any admiration letters anyone receives are actually written by the lady in question.  So my advice is to ignore admiration letters completely and initiate contact with the lady you are interested in.  And hopefully you get a real response and not a return letter written by the translator.  

If it will help the brothers I can post the names of the agencies who sent me these admiration form letters.

Anna and I got quite a laugh out of this...  it is this kind of thing that reminds me of just how lucky I am to have found Anna!:heart:

Big Dave

Scottish_Rob

RE: Accidental Experiment at Chnlove
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:44:27 pm »
David post the agencies mate...:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:02:26 pm »
This is why i delete admirer emails (after checking out the photos of course..i am a man!).

I reckon the first 4 -7 messages are the translator vetting you..if she has a "sick day" after that drop her.
Not all are like this, Ling chatted to me on msn early, but she did also tell me she sent nothing like the messages i received from her...
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:15:34 pm »
Dear David,

I can see by your profile picture that you are a handsome individual. I hope you will like my admiration letter here :fi_lone_ranger:

I still have my membership at Chnlove and transffered my remaining creidts. My profile is hidden. I do not get letters like you do but I still get Chnlove sending me weekly updates. Just like Irishman, I do window shopping before deleting.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:16:05 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

shaun

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:38:46 pm »
Ron,

Your right his profile picture is good but if you look closely he's got fangs. Ooooo....

That could be scary.  Scare them ladies.

Shaun

brett

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 03:38:32 am »
Hmmm, not all admirer letters are to be ignored. My lady sent me one (though she was already on my favourites) and replying to her admirer letter kicked it all off :icon_cheesygrin:.

I did get annoyed with ladies sending me stuff if they were in the wrong age range though :@.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 05:16:51 am »
There are numerous threads here about this very thing. Most admiration letters should be ignored.  On the other hand if you put a lady on your admiration list, she is notified even if your profile is hidden.  If you hide your profile those ladies that you write to can still see it.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Proteus

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 11:52:10 am »
Hello, sorry for my abrupt leaving and re-appearing. I'll explain later. During my random glancing, this topic of admiration letter caught my attention and made me want to present 2 groups of figures from behind the curtain for your consideration.

The agency I once worked for set standard on amount of admiration letters sending out and rate of responding per translator per month as a minor criterion of performance, the major one, surely, credits. A translator is expected to send out 2500-3000 per month and maintain a responding rate of 1.5%-2%. A translator under-performs if he fails to achieve that. And Chnlove has a fixed figures of 10 admiration letters per lady and 500 in all per day for our agency ( it is said these two figures vary according to different agencies) . So in all our agency could send 500 letters for 50 ladies per day.

Among that 200+ ladies our agency worked for, one, according to my memory, drafted admiration letters and chose targets herself. Among that 300+ letters she sent out, one was replied.

Translators are compelled to, ladies are frustrated in, anyways, work is to be done, by all means.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2009, 01:23:03 pm »
Wow, pure gold Proteus as usual.
I can understand why they do it given the tiny response rate but that doesnt mean I have to like it.

Can I ask about the flipside?
When we send "cupid notes", do the ladies really respond initially or is there an effort to "encourage" responses before she is involved?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 01:23:52 pm by Irishman »

Offline David

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 11:40:59 am »
I am now also curious about the cupid notes...

Also I have the information from the agencies that sent me the form admiration letters.  Eight letters in total.

Handan JuYuan Marriage Agency in Handan P329 (recieved three from this agency for three different women).

ChangSha MeiYin International Marriage Introduction Company in ChangSha P218.

Shenyang Golden Olive Consultancy Corporation Limited in Shenyang P612.

Zhanjiang ZhiYin Marriage Agency in Zhanjiang P658.

Baoding Match Bridge Match-making Agency in Handan P328.

LioNing YangGuang Overseas Affairs Service Company in Shenyang P326.

Hope this information is useful.

Proteus your reply was extremely useful and informative.  Thank you!:icon_cheesygrin:

Big Dave

brett

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:35:20 pm »
Some of my cupid notes took a lot longer to get answered than others. Also some of the ladies turned me down. From this I assume the lady does respond to them herself. It will vary agency to agency of course.
Does anyone know how many men are using chnlove? That reply rate to admirer letters seems quite low. I replied to quite a few of mine (although a lot of them were ladies I'd already added to my favourites). But I guess a lot of men have just signed up to see what kind of ladies are available, so a large proportion of the men are probably not that committed (especially once they realise the vast expense and cultural barriers involved).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:25:52 pm by brett »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 06:56:42 pm »
Brett

I dont know exactly how many Men are registered with CHNLove, but I have done some analytical work for a very large Aus/Russian dating site, maybe the numbers are similar:

Men who actually registered.....18470

Of these, only 1124 purchased "credits" and pursued a relationship

Maybe there is no correlation here, but I think the numbers suggest there are many "lookers"...but very few men actually get to the next step and give it a real try....as you rightly say in your post.  I would think that this is typical of the "internet dating" experience.

Because all Internet Dating Agencies survive on our money :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin: it is not surprising that men who register get bombarded with "hook letters" to get them to actually spend some money !!

I would also suggest, that if a man registers and buys "credits" then he will get very few admiration or "hook" letters.....because they are already getting your money !!!!....so, if you buy credits, maybe the chances are much better that a real woman is writing to you.

I would therefore suggest to "newbies" that the more safe way to begin the "journey" is to buy a few credits immediately....sorts the players from the stayers and may get a more realistic response rate from more real women :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

After all, if a man is serious about finding a foreign wife (most aren't) then buying a few credits demonstrates some sort of credibility to the women out there ...yes ?

DavidE
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 06:59:19 pm by David E »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 09:13:36 pm »
I never replied to any admirer's letters and I think I was signed up for a couple of weeks before buying any credits.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Norb Smith

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 09:20:19 pm »
When I first joined I waited about a week and really looked at the ladies as "Eye Candy" and checked some profiles, then I bought just the minimum of credits and sent out a couple of cupid notes to see what the reaction would be, and things just started to go from there and now I am glad I took the risk
To have good neighbors, you need to be a good neighbor

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 02:52:32 am »
I dunno about the credits theory, I get bombarded with spam the minute my profile goes unhidden and I am no wall painting :D