Author Topic: Hubei Province, October 2009  (Read 31128 times)

brett

Hubei Province, October 2009
« on: October 11, 2009, 06:41:57 am »
Hi guys,

I thought I'd start a thread for my trip to Hubei Province, October 2009. My flight leaves this evening from Heathrow. I fly to Beijing, then get a connecting flight to Wuhan. As you know I had a nightmare organising my travel plans, so I decided to fly to the nearest place to her home town that Expedia knew about. That place is Wuhan. It looks a good place to set up base camp. It also allows me time to rest before I meet her. And I will have a couple of days with my lady before we meet her parents, friends and relatives (her family is massive!).

I've only know my lady for a couple of months, but I always go on vacation in October, so it seemed a good idea to go and meet her. These ladies have to deal with a lot of timewasters, so if you think you have found the one, it's best to go to China as soon as you can. By EMF #4 I knew I had found my special somebody :angel:. We have talked extensively on MSN, so we have been able to accelerate our relationship more than a lot of guys have been able to. I stopped talking to other ladies a long time ago. I still like browsing the photos, but I've not seen anyone else I'm interested in.

Our online personas get on incredibly well and we've had some 50+ chats on MSN. I've made her laugh, made her cry. I now have 74 photos of my lady. Wow, on national day she even dressed up and did a special photo shoot for me! Whether there's a spark in real life, I am not sure if it is possible to tell. I'm hopeful there will be. She is a smart girl and extremely attractive. Thanks to a diet of fruit and dance classes, she is one of the slimmest girls on chnlove, and even by Chinese standards her figure is lovely.

I know that it is dangerous to fall in love with someone you've not yet met. If it doesn't work out, then at least I'll have had the opportunity to go to China. If I had more cash I'd give up my job and become a travel photographer. Wuhan is way off the normal Western tourist tour of China, so I'm sure I will get some fantastic photos. Originally I was looking for a Japanese wife, but I now think that China is the better option. At least on this trip I will be able to confirm that for certain.

I'm taking my new Samsung notebook, so hotel wireless access permitted, I'll keep this site updated!

Incidentally this is my 4th trip to Asia - I did Hong Kong in 2006, Tokyo in 2007, and Tokyo in 2008 again (it's way too big to cover in a single two week trip!). I'm still terrible at using chopsticks but I don't mind squat toilets now and I drink loads of green tea and miso soup :icon_cheesygrin:.

Wish me luck!

Brett :fi_lone_ranger:

P.S. I am not taking my suit - the forecast for Wuhan is hot hot hot!!! :s

Paul Todd

RE: Hubei Province, October 2009
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 07:07:01 am »
Hi Brett,

Ming Zhi and myself wish you the best of luck on your travels. We  hope it works out for both off you.:icon_biggrin:
I am intrigued when you said she " Wow, on national day she even dressed up and did a special photo shoot for me! " Err what did she dress up as!:angel:
Oh,Ming Zhi wanted to know if you really did take tea to China
Anyway all the best my friend,
 We are waiting for updates already:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Danny

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 07:14:43 am »
Brett

You're a lucky boy. From what you say, there's every chance that it's going to work out. Having had a pile of webcam chats gives you a good start. It's not the same as spending time with her, but it's a damn sight better than just relying on emf mails.

Some observations:

1. Getting from one bit of Wuhan to another is hard work (not enough taxis and the traffic congestion is hopeless) so make sure your hotel is somewhere near where she lives.
2. I was in Wuhan for a few days, a couple of weeks ago. It was damn hot. I was sweating like a pig the whole time and so if you stand in a puddle when you're there there's a good chance that I made a contribution to it *laughs* Don't even think of bringing jeans or anything like that. The lighter the material the better.
3. If you negotiate a taxi trip to the airport check that they're going to take you direct, ie via the freeway. The one my woman arranged ended up being up and down alleys, all to avoid a couple of dollars in freeway toll. I was real unhappy by the time I got to the airport.
4. There are two airport terminals. A small one that takes the flights to Hong Kong, and the big one that takes all the other flights. Make sure you don't end up at the wrong one, like I did.

Good luck!

Danny

David5o

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:19:16 am »
Brett,

Best of luck to you. You will now see for yourself China, is Nothing like Japan, they are two totally different worlds, and associating between them can get you into all sorts of problems...

There is one sort of common thread between them, ...the men treat there women exactly the same... like shit, or as a possession rather than as a wife as in western countries... I guess you can include Korea in that mix too....

Thank god you left that bloody suit at home, ....where it belongs ...lol!! Now see how many suits you can see while your there, probably can count them on one hand, and those wearing them will be Japanese or Westerners on business for the first time.....

Enjoy your trip Brett, hope everything goes well for you...

David....

brett

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 07:36:59 am »
Thanks guys!

Yes I know Wuhan will be hot and mysterious. I have no idea how I will get around, I have a crappy map and the subway is under construction. There only appear to be a couple of river crossings and the place is absolutely massive.

Incidentally my lady doesn't live in Wuhan, but she went to college there so she knows it very well.

From my time in Hong Kong, Japan and now China I will be able to write a book about the similarities and differences. I spent a fortnight in Hong Kong and went absolutely everywhere, so I kind of know what to expect. Hell, I went on a crazy 2 hour bus journey to the fishing village of Tai O only to find out that the bus queue back was absolutely immense! I also remember that the further towards the border with mainland China I got the stranger things I began to see in the food markets. I still don't know what kind of meal you can make with a frog, a turtle and a fish swim bladder :icon_cheesygrin:.

BTW for national day my lady wore a new T shirt, a nice miniskirt and black thigh highs. As if that wasn't good enough she got the pictures taken in some beautiful gorge off the Yangtze :icon_cheesygrin:.

And yes I am taking my lady's mother some green tea. I know Hubei Province is famous for green tea but mine comes in a posh tin and it's from India. I'm also (customs officials permitting :icon_cool:) taking them a few European foods, mainly so I can have something to talk about!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 09:18:56 am »
We all look forward to your trip going well.   The Brotherhood needs some good news to make up for last week so we are relying on you to provide.

We hop that things work out OK but if by any chance it does not then tell her not to worry as I will be going to Wuhan later this year!!!!!:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Willy

PS I fly back to China on Tuesday morning
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:19:56 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 10:12:40 am »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='19703' dateline='1255259956'
those wearing them will be Japanese or Westerners on business for the first time.....

Hehe well he is going on BUSINESS I thought...lol:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously though have a great trip mate.  Remember the update and the pics, we want to see the pics...lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:14:57 am by Scottish_Rob »

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 10:17:03 am »
Brett , I also wish you the best of Luck with your Lady and especially her Parent's . You are a guttsy Person , bringing Tea to China ... when everybody take Tea out . :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

Anyway , looking forward for your up-dates and Photo's .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 11:10:12 am »
Best of luck Brett.  Keep your eyes open, but make sure you enjoy yourself at the same time.  It sounds like you have things heading in the right direction.  We look forward to reading your updates.

Offline Chong

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 11:15:47 am »
Quote from: 'brett' pid='19709' dateline='1255261019'

BTW for national day my lady wore a new T shirt, a nice miniskirt and black thigh highs. As if that wasn't good enough she got the pictures taken in some beautiful gorge off the Yangtze :icon_cheesygrin:.

Brett,

You know the unspoken rules of the Brotherhood; you can't tempt us and then leave us high and dry ... :huh: ... picture ???  :icon_cheesygrin:

Have a fun & great trip ! :icon_cool:

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 11:20:50 am »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='19733' dateline='1255274147'

You know the unspoken rules of the Brotherhood; you can't tempt us and then leave us high and dry ... :huh: ... picture ???  :icon_cheesygrin:

But then after seeing the pictures.....we won't be high and dry but low and sticky wet :-/
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:21:19 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline maxx

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 11:36:29 am »
Yes I think we deffinatly need to see the pictures now.Good luck Brett.Wuhan is a good place to make a start.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 11:37:35 am by maxx »

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 11:40:49 am »
Greetings Brothers,

Brett,

Hope you have a great trip and everything works out for you.  As the others have said dont forget the updates and the pics.  Oh and with the pics you can also include one of the local landscape or yourself along with all the others of your lady hehe.  Yes we want to see what this very slim beautiful lady looks like in her new T and mini and thigh highs, oh yes we do.

Good luck and have a great trip.

Reards,

Zhen and Brian

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 02:47:42 pm »
Quote from: 'Brian Mc' pid='19739' dateline='1255275649'

... oh yes we do...

Yes please, you have whetted my appatite, well you wetted something...lol

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 03:08:49 pm »
The truth comes out ! The chinese Lady's are very special related to all the Women in the World . But Men ? I see , they are all the same ... show .. show me whatever concerns a beautiful Woman . To think I'm a Man also ... so where are those Photo's ? I'm ashamed of myself :blush: really .:angel: