Author Topic: Re: Introduction  (Read 4639 times)

Offline victor-hills

Re: Introduction
« on: March 31, 2009, 02:18:01 am »
Welcome paul brill post m8.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Offline David

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 03:55:54 am »
Nice to meet you Paul... glad you have met a wonderful lady! :D

Paul Todd

Introduction
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:03:06 pm »
Hi guy's
Hope you don't mind if I pull up a chair and introduce myself. Well,50 yrs old, divorced 5yrs, two grown up kids. Fell in love with India in my teens, you know the old hippy trails of the 70's which led on to S/East Asia. Never visited China, although I saw it from Laos once! hehe hehe. Also tried to get into Tibet from Nepal, but the boarder guards where having none of that! Joined the site in Dec 08 and on the first page of profiles there she was.I didn't have a clue about what was about to happen to my life. I added MingZhi to my favorite list and the next day there was a letter from her At this point I started to read the forums and I haven"t stopped since! Now I don't get letters from beautiful Chinese girls [well she"s 48 ] everyday, so I had a head full of questions that needed answering double quick. They where all there in the forums. What a result!  In fact I never posted any Questions on the official site, never needed too! Best advice was blindingly simple,ask your lady! You know sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. I tell you it was like a bunch of guy's holding up road signs, all you have to do is take notice of what they say. We started sending emf"s and within a couple of weeks we were exchanging 6000 word letters, every two days. She asked me to hide my profile which I did and she hid hers. Then she gave me her mobile number so we started texting each other. Her English skills are basic but it was the feeling she put into it that got me hooked.Then on to e-mails and QQ web cam. Then dropped out of the official site. Just follow the signs! We do the web cam for hours now,to hear her laugh is the best sound in the world. Ok the translation software is none to good but we both have to deal with it, so it can be very funny. We both try and teach each other our own language and this can have us in tears from laughing so much. Once you get a bit of trust going and the stress levels drop these women are just great,never had a woman ask me if she can take care of me for the rest of my life before. I don't know how to thank you guy's enough, without your advice there is no way I would have got this far.I can see the finishing line and it's not that far away.

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 05:07:07 pm »
paul I'm glad to hear that its working out for you.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 05:36:19 pm »
Nice to hear from ya Paul. Welcome to the brotherhood.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 07:26:35 pm »
Hello Paul it's nice to have you here. I see we have something in common. Our girls come the part of the world, wander if they know each other lol. I met my girl the same month. I plan on visiting in July.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline TomFisher

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 08:09:58 pm »
Paul, great post.  It sounds like things are working out very well.  Like some of the others have said it sounds like you have your poop in a group!  You are a welcome addition to the group, enjoy your time here and don't mind the friendly banter this is a pretty laid back group.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 03:34:49 am »
Paul , Well posted , I hope any newbies read this post because you have set out the A1 way to approach these young ladies and almost a mirror image of my own story except we met accidentally out of chnlove , even though we were both on the at the time , however never talked through that site and we converse daily via webcam and also phonecard , but as will probably always be she is learning English far quicker than I am Chinese , all the best , for the best is yet to come . :)
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Martin

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:45:52 am »
Great story.  I enjoyed reading it.  Glad to hear you are moving things ahead well.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 01:04:01 pm »
Great teaching tool Paul.  For any newbies, read read read before posting any qyestion.  You most likely will find the answer to your question.  But if you dont.  Dont hesitate to ask.  Everyone here wants to help.  And congrats on finding the one.  It is great isnt it!  Especially for us older guys. (God I never thought I would be saying that). :D
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Paul Todd

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 05:15:55 pm »
Old! hehe hehe

Xie xie for the kind words  guy's, I think I'm going to like it here!

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 06:28:01 pm »
Hi Paul, now when you are ready to bring your lovely lady home the paper work can be overwhelming, if you want or need help in this when the time comes, you could try going to http://www.Candleforlove.com, now that doesn't mean you forget about us here, ya hear?,  :D the people there are anywhere from just starting the process to having thier ladies here for 5 to 10 years and are willing to help in any way they can.
Congrats!!! on finding your lady, it's great isn't it?, I wish you great happyness in your life.
You may also want to read the sex report that is posted there ( no it's not like that  :twisted: ).
Sex is more then just the act, as we OLDER guy have learned it's more then that, just read it, it's interesting to say the least and chock full of helpful hints to help with the cultural differances. :lol:  :o  :shock:  :oops:  :roll:
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 03:00:43 pm »
Welcome to the brotherhood mate........... :D

opie.devore

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 03:18:42 pm »
Thanks Paul for all the info!!!! I just joined China love last week. SO I am most defiantly learning. Then I find this discussion group today. Its already been wonderful help.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 12:55:27 pm »
Great post Paul, we all are cheering for you here, we all know here just how special a thing we have with a Chinese lady that most guys will never get to experience, their loss our gain!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.