Author Topic: Re: Happy now!!!  (Read 32459 times)

Scottish_Rob

RE: Happy now!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2009, 10:58:01 am »
Michael you better not leave her in the house alone with your dog, or you may come home to an elaborate new dish.............lol

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2009, 12:58:50 pm »
Rob, she looks at the pitbull, runs her tounge over her lips, looks at my face and laughs like all hell, she has a different sense of humor, we actually have two dogs, the pitbull works with me and the great dane is the family pet, this one scares the hell out of every one but is a big baby, his head comes up to my neck and I am 6' tall and Zhou says " my dog, no one eat", and brother don't get caught yelling at her dog or the next thing you know is your being told about your self in a very loud, excited voice in Chinese, and has any of you other guys noticed that they have a temper with about the shortest fuse ever? :-/:)
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »
ROFLMAO

So the dog's (both of them) are taller than me.........LOL

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2009, 03:52:45 pm »
Quote from: 'Scottish_Rob' pid='3590' dateline='1243101555'

ROFLMAO

So the dog's (both of them) are taller than me.........LOL

Rob you kill me :D

we need better smilies

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2009, 10:15:05 am »
Arnold, I know what your saying, our kids ( My son and her daughter ) have just received thier progress reports Friday and they each are failing one subject each, Zhou went from all smiles and joking with me to a screaming banchee, you see she is a teacher in thier school and will have them next year, she pushes them very hard about schooling, in my house she will have them doing homework as soon as they get in, it takes about 1 1/2 hours for this, then she says they must study for an hour each night, then it's supper time, after this is free time ( my sons words ) even on this holiday weekend they will be studing for an hour each day so now you see why she is so angry with them, she is taking this as a personal insult and is not pleased at all, also, did you notice they will not let it go, they can rant for hours on one subject?

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2009, 06:10:09 pm »
How much longer Arnold and at what stage of the Visa process are you?, have you reached the P3 or P4 stage yet?

Paul Todd

« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2009, 12:50:05 pm »
Err, found this!:huh:

They're steel rods swathed in flowers," said well known Australian born Hong Kong Journalist Richard Hughes, who was happily married for many years, til death did them part, to a Chinese wife.

Perhaps no truer words were ever spoken, at least about some Chinese women. In fact, to my mind, Chinese ladies seem to come in two basic varieties. Either they are very strong willed or extremely docile. Since I've never had any desire for a docile woman, I am discussing here that other type - "the steel rod swathed in flowers". This woman will care for you, cook for you, keep a great home for you and shower you with love and affection, and she will smote your enemies with the strength of God - so long as you don't cross her. But when you cross her, you immediately become your own worst enemy, and brother, then she will smote you.

The big problem is that you don't necessarily know what will be seen as having crossed her. In your innocent Western thinking you naively believe that so long as you are faithful and true, so long as you bring home the bacon, so long as you are polite and courteous and so long as you refrain from anything drastic like not coming home for two nights, or physically striking her, you should be pretty safe. Well surprise!!!

You cross your Chinese Lady when you cause her to lose face, and there are roughly a million ways to cause her to lose face, each one of which you must learn by trial and error. I have learned a few, but it does little good for me to list them for you, because "a little knowledge is a bad thing". It will just make you comfortable when you should least be comfortable. But I will give you an example of how I caused my Chinese wife (as she then was) to lose face.

We owned a small bar in China at the time which we took turns managing, and which we kept open as long as there was a paying customer to serve. One night she went home at 1 AM but I hung in there with some friends of mine (because they were spending a great deal of money) until about 4 AM, then headed home when they did. We had both done this many times in the past, and she knew exactly where I was and who I was with, so I felt quite secure as I quietly unlocked the door to our home and tiptoed in to avoid waking her.

Well, it turned out that, unbeknownst to me, she and a friend had been talking earlier in the evening, and the friend had indicated that her husband never stayed out past 1 AM, and the friend was very proud of that. So on that particular evening I caused my wife to lose face by not coming home with her at 1 AM. I had caused her great shame in the eyes of her friend (how the friend knew I had stayed out late was never explained) and this was no small loss of face, if you can judge by the near bloodletting I suffered for my crime. And yet, the next time I stayed out late, in the same circumstances except for the intervening friend, all was well. Go figure!

The good news is that unlike Western Women, who will make you pay for days (or years) for your crimes, Chinese women tend to let you off as soon as you've appropriately groveled (this must take place in your home, which is actually her domain, not yours) for an hour or two, and you've told her your sorry, and lastly, you've bought her a gift (do not forget about the ever important relationship saving gift). But if you want to get off without dismemberment, do not act as if you don't understand what you did wrong (even though you inevitably do not understand). Suck it up, admit your guilt, and promise never to do it again, even if you have no idea of what exactly it is that you will not do again, and life will be back to normal in short order.

And the really good news is that this "steel rod swathed in flowers", when you haven't just caused her to lose face, is like your own private bodyguard. Your little Chinese woman will be the greatest ally you could ever hope for. She will kill for you at the slightest provocation to your face - unless her Mother is the source of the threat to your dignity, in which case you probably just committed unfathomable another "face" crime yourself.

There, have you got it all figured out? No? Don't worry, Chinese women can be as frustrating as trying to figure the stock market, but it's their very unpredictability that is one of their greatest charms. I wouldn't spend the rest of my life with anybody else.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 01:34:17 pm »
Another quality post Paul.
I love the description - "steel rods swathed in flowers" , that is a Chinese lady described to a T, I think that why they are so different to most western women and i must admit this inner steel is something I find hugely attractive.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2009, 02:38:58 pm »
Paul I must admit, Ronan is correct you do put out the most amazing quality posts.........If no one understands a Chinese lady or her culture from your posts then they will never learn :):):):)

Martin

« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2009, 05:41:28 pm »
Paul...your posts are fantastic!

Arnold

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 01:26:24 am »
Paul , I really think you are such an great asset to this Forum . A big thank you from myself is in order .

Now .. believe me .. I will NEVER stay out past  01:00 .. EVER ! Unless I'm with my Wife !

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 08:09:26 pm »
Hi guys, just got back from the mountian home with the wife, a week with just the two of us, very nice and very different, Paul I have seen what you are saying, she had all but went to war with my cousin because he said something bad about me where she could hear, I have never seen him so red in the face and backing up away from her, the funny thing is, she was yelling at him in Chinese and he doesn't now any but you would have thought he did the way he acted, by the way, very good post :)

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:11 pm »
Well back again, it's been a few days and I have done a lot of thinking about my relationship with God, you see the last two days I have been visiting my Lao Po at the hospital, it seems that her body does not think the Baby belongs there and was starting to treat it like an infection, she is now on meds for this, this is the first time I think I have ever prayed for something this strongly, I've also realized that I am also a very lucky man, I had met and married my Lao Po and she is here with me, I feel a little sorry for you guys that are just starting out, the ones that have met your ladies and you guys that have met and married your ladies but now have to be apart waiting for the Visa  to go through, so yes I am a very lucky man to have her here, and at the same time, I would give up being with her and have her back in China if it would make both of them healthy, I don't know what I would do if I lost them,
I'm sorry for bothering you all with this, I just needed some people that would understand to talk to, thank you my brothers and God bless.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:52 pm »
Michael my prayers are with the both of you mate.....

Paul Todd

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2009, 12:28:49 pm »
Michael, hang in there my friend, as Rob says "my prayers are with the both of you" Try to stay strong. Post as much as you want,you know were all here. Please pass our best wishes on to your wife.