Author Topic: GUZ number received...  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Kadagan

GUZ number received...
« on: October 31, 2009, 10:23:34 pm »
I received a GUZ number on our K1 (fiance) visa today... Anyone have an idea of the current interview wait time?  Or strategies on speeding it up?

I'm hoping to have her in the states by Christmas.  

Thanks for your time.

Offline mustfocus

RE: GUZ number received...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 10:32:39 pm »
Quote from: 'Kadagan' pid='21539' dateline='1257042214'

I received a GUZ number on our K1 (fiance) visa today... Anyone have an idea of the current interview wait time?  Or strategies on speeding it up?

I'm hoping to have her in the states by Christmas.  

Thanks for your time.

Congrats!

One thing I will say about bureaucracy is that it never moves fast... at least not here in Canada.  Hopefully your wish will come true!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:28:45 pm by mustfocus »
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline maxx

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 12:09:21 am »
Is it the recept #? if it is the recipt # all that means is it is setting in the warehouse in Guangzghou.Have they sent the first package to your Fiancee.If so you are looking at better then 90 days.Give me a little more information and I can give you a better Answer

Offline Kadagan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 07:33:29 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='21542' dateline='1257048561'

Is it the recept #? if it is the recipt # all that means is it is setting in the warehouse in Guangzghou.Have they sent the first package to your Fiancee.If so you are looking at better then 90 days.Give me a little more information and I can give you a better Answer

Thanks for the reply Maxx.  A letter dated October 24, 2009 reads:

Dear Petitioner:

The State Department's National Visa Center has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the ptition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place.

Our records show that you filed the I-129F petition for:

Name of Fiance:  XXXX XXXXX
INS Receipt Number:  EAC09XXXXXXXX

Case Number:  GUZ2009XXXXXX

The case will be processed at:

GUANGZHOU
CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT
1 SHAMIAN STREET SOUTYH
GUANGZHOU 510133
PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions form the consular section on how to apply for the K1 visa at that post and what documents will be required. In the meantime, you should visit the Department of State's website at www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_4323.html to determine if the processing post has any information of which you should be immediately aware.

Sincerly,
Bureau of Consular Affairs
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 07:35:45 am by Kadagan »

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 10:21:23 am »
Kadagan this is good news.WHat they are telling you is that they sent the application to Guangzghou.You should recieve another letter.Here in a few days From Guangzghou.Telling you that they recieved the visa application.

Then it will sit in Guangzghou warehouse untill they put a packet together for your fiancee.They will send the packet to your fiancee.When your lady fills out the paperwork and sends it back to Guangzghou.They will send her another packet and  a appointment time an date.They will include.The information for where they want her to get the medical check done.And the fees that will need to be paid.

If your lady hasn't collected the stuff she will need.Now would be a good time.Passport proof of residency police report,birthcertificate,single certifacite.She will need to send that stuff to Gz with the packet.Also make sure she has copies of all her paperwork Gz has ben known to loose stuff.

I don't think your fiancee is going to have the interview before christmass.But I could be wrong.From where your at in the process to the actual interview ussualy takes a couple of months.

Good luck
Maxx

Offline Kadagan

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='21576' dateline='1257088883'

Kadagan this is good news.WHat they are telling you is that they sent the application to Guangzghou.You should recieve another letter.Here in a few days From Guangzghou.Telling you that they recieved the visa application.

Then it will sit in Guangzghou warehouse untill they put a packet together for your fiancee.They will send the packet to your fiancee.When your lady fills out the paperwork and sends it back to Guangzghou.They will send her another packet and  a appointment time an date.They will include.The information for where they want her to get the medical check done.And the fees that will need to be paid.

If your lady hasn't collected the stuff she will need.Now would be a good time.Passport proof of residency police report,birthcertificate,single certifacite.She will need to send that stuff to Gz with the packet.Also make sure she has copies of all her paperwork Gz has ben known to loose stuff.

I don't think your fiancee is going to have the interview before christmass.But I could be wrong.From where your at in the process to the actual interview ussualy takes a couple of months.

Good luck
Maxx

Thank you very much Maxx... you provide a bit of ballast in a sea of doubt.

Offline maxx

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2009, 05:50:04 pm »
Glad I could help.If you go to candelforlove.com.They have this broke down into a timeline.It can give you much better information then I can.

good luck
Maxx

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2009, 06:51:49 pm »
Kadagan , it took about three month's time ... between getting the GUZ number and the Interview date for my Wife . Martin has it right . Also . the Interview date comes about 30 day's in advance notice . So your looking more like end of Feb - March .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 07:24:47 pm »
Quote from: 'Arnold' pid='21625' dateline='1257119509'

Kadagan , it took about three month's time ... between getting the GUZ number and the Interview date for my Wife . Martin has it right . Also . the Interview date comes about 30 day's in advance notice . So your looking more like end of Feb - March .

I love this forum.  I don't even have to say anything, and I get credit for it.

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2009, 08:13:53 pm »
Hahahaha , I knew it was Maxx ... but Martin jumped into my Mind . I guess , since he is so close of going back to China and I'm as eager to see how that turns out as He is .
Sorry Maxx .

Offline maxx

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2009, 12:43:25 am »
Well there it is now I know Why I cant get past 9 on my reputation.You guys are giving each other credit.When it was me who made the post.How do you like that I get no respect from a Janaidan and the sawed off little German runt.HAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 12:46:47 am by maxx »

ttwjr32

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 10:20:45 am »
Kadagan,
from my experience and the experience of people
i know your probably looking at between 75 to 90
days.  im not sure about it but each day i walk by
the usa embassy here in Guangzhou and the lines
are long so maybe they are stepping up the process
and trying to get more completed?? dont know but
i have just seen that recently each morning. good
luck with everything
 Ted

Offline maxx

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 08:15:03 pm »
Ted Me and my wife stayed in a hotel right around the corner from the U.S. consulate.It was like that everyday.We stayed in Guangzhou.

ttwjr32

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 08:31:23 pm »
Maxx ---- it has been really crazy there lately and when i sit at starbucks in PoPark many
              people stop by and ask me about my interview and what happened. i tell them
              unfortunately i came to China to live this time. but my first experience which wasnt
              good took only 15 months to complete.

Offline Kadagan

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2009, 09:12:22 pm »
Anyone have good news by chance? :huh: