Author Topic: A new life  (Read 40179 times)

Scottish_Rob

A new life
« on: November 13, 2009, 07:18:54 am »
Hello guys.
I have not been online for a few days, thought I would give you a bit of a break from my Scottish weird humour hahaha.

Seriously though, I have sold my computer and now got a laptop for my new life abroad.  The computer I sold was a desktop and got £150.00 for it with my desk and chair.  With the proceeds i bought a second hand laptop for £50.00 from a friend, who knows everything there is to know about computers.  So that left me with some more spare money to go with.
The hotel is booked and paid fora month so I have that length of time to find myself work.  As you know the job in Hnadan fell through for 3 months, so I was not as despondent as I hought I would be.  the reason for this is 3 fold. (1)  I was always in touch with the university in Rizhao
(2) I had sent off other cv's to many places
(3) I had irons in the fire in Qingdao with an agency.

So to update you, the University in Rizhao wnated me to send a scanned picture of my passport, but I could not get one so I sent an email telling them this, and offered to go there to see them on either 18/19/20th.  This morning I got a reply telling me that was fine and just to phone them the day before I go.  Secondly, I also recieved another email from the Qingdao end, asking me if I would accept offers from outside of Qingdao also, which of course I replied.  So things are not as #bad# as at first seems.  People have been telling me on here, as one door closes another one opens, and they were right.

I have 36 hours remianing her in the uk, and have got everything sorted this end concerning the house etc.  I have everything packed that I need correctly weighted.  I have things from the Uk I am taking with me incase as the next logical STEP, females haha.  the main priority now though is getting myself soted with work and a place to live before venturing into the minefield which is 'WOMEN'.  although I am still writting to YuanShu.

I will update you as I continue my journey, now that I have the laptop life will be so much easier.

Offline markymark

RE: A new life
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:24:37 am »
Hi Rob,
           I was wondering where you were, having not seen you on here for a while, but guessed you were busy getting things done. Good luck with your new life and hope all goes well for you. I don't know what your teaching experience is but you can find plenty of ideas and advice by checking on esl/efl teacher websites. Like this brotherhood there will always be somebody out there who can help you if needed.
           No matter how much research you do and how well you try and  prepare yourself for where you are going, you will still get hit by the culture shock, ( the WOW! factor ), it is then that your amazing journey begins.
I am happy for you mate and am sure you will enjoy the experience.
All the best.
Mark
"You'll like this, not a lot" Paul Daniels

Offline victor-hills

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 08:59:11 am »
All the best rob hope it all works out for you mate.
Life is like an onion: You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:40 am »
Rob , I also wish you the best of Luck . May good fortune's and love hit you slowly ... but all within that one month's time .:icon_cheesygrin:
You have yourself a good flight and experience beyond your dreams . Go Cowboy and don't forget your Bagpipes .

Vince G

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:34:59 am »
Best of luck Rob. It will be a new adventure on life. There's a good chance I'll be there in the spring. So I'll make inquiries later on. :icon_cool:

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 10:06:55 am »
Rob , good luck and god speed , we will be watching for your postings from the happy land , Ying and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

David5o

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 11:45:40 am »
All the very best to you Rob.... Enjoy your adventure in China, there are soooo many things and places to see. Just keep in touch mate, ....especially with those that are already living out there, they are the one's that can guide you, when you need some advice....

Have an Exciting life.....

David.....

Offline wilsbrough

• Li
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 03:36:39 pm »
Best of luck to you Rob, happy travels n don't forget the tablet n haggis, as i did'nt see any in the supermarkets there....:icon_cheesygrin:
Every now and then i get a little bit nervous at the death of all the years have gone by....!

Offline davidaquincy

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 06:38:31 pm »
Good luck to you Rob

I am looking forward to hear your adventures as time progresses!!

David

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 06:41:06 pm »
Good luck to you Rob. As they keep saying.  Everything happens for a reason.  I think your priorities are right.  Get yourself set then go after the women.  There are plenty there mate.  we are here for you.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 06:55:56 pm »
Good luck man.  I really hope you do find what you're looking for over there.
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Paul Todd

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »
See you soon mate! have a good flight and by the way the snow has stopped!:icon_cheesygrin:

Ming Zhi,Paul

shaun

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 07:54:18 pm »
Rob,

You the man!  Good luck and I hope the best for you.  Keep us all updated. Leave a trail of bread crumbs for me so I can follow the path should I find the right one and go.

Shaun

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 02:11:53 am »
Well Rob your sporen's packed so have a great trip.  At least you will be comfortable on the journey.

Give us a call when you get over here.  

Don't forget - if you move out of the hotel before the end of the month they should be refunding any days you do not use.  

If you are bringing a mobile with you try to get it unlocked in the UK so you can use a Chinese sim card when you get here.

Willy
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:13:29 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 07:49:25 am »
Thanks for all the good wishes guys..  

All the informationthat all you guys have postedthroughout the site, I have taken on board. and believe me (lol) I will USE IT if Ineed too..:icon_biggrin:

I have a notebook with many snetences in Pinyin (in case)
I have the name of a translator machine I recieved from Ming Zhi
I have all the phone numbers and email/yahoo addresses of you guys
I have addresses of collegs/schools etc in and around Qingdao...just in case:icon_cheesygrin:

If there is anything I have forgotton or unable to pack because of the wight restriction, then they will have to wait to be reunited with their master :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

I can only repeat what has been said numerous times throughout this site, you are the best bunch of guys I have known.  Your knowledge, intelligence, outgoing personalities and helpful attitude has helped many of the guys on here now, and will do so agqain in the future.