Author Topic: General Thread For This and That!!....  (Read 135708 times)

Offline Chad

Re: General Thread For This and That!!....
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:45 pm »
Arnold

It would be a sad day if you were to stop posting. I rarely post but I read everything that is posted. Well maybe not the cooking posts but the rest I read. Its guys like you that have been through the process and actually achieved the dream that we need the guidance from the most. Everyone has an opinion but to get an opinion from a person that is living proof that it works is what we really need.

Then once we achieve the dream we need to learn how a married couple relates to each other and how all the difference in the two cultures can be lived with. It is a challenging thing that we are doing and to learn how others have done it may make our road an easier one to travel.

I value your comments and the other post from long standing members. For the sake of the guys still searching for their love please think twice about stopping your postings.

Arnold

« Reply #646 on: December 23, 2010, 12:51:05 am »
You know , I've been thinking a few days now .. why do I feel like this ? It might have nothing to do with this Forum being slow , if so .. very little .
I came to think that since my LaoPo is working and not being here at Home on the weekends and sometimes not til late at night , I've started to feel again this very feeling when I had to endure the time between seeing each other .. before she came here . It is now something I need to adjust to and again it will take time to do so . Having done so much over the last year ( before her work ) , I got used to having her always near . This is going to be something all of you are going through later I'm sure , so be ready for that emotion/feeling when it hit's .

I appreciate all you Guys's concern about me leaving , but I'm really a Prisoner of this Forum .. so maybe I need to " Fake " that I'm Shot ?  ::)

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #647 on: December 23, 2010, 06:25:24 am »
Don't do it- Seems like all are in agreement (me included) that this forum would suffer a big loss if your brother quit posting here!  ;D We all value your advice and encouragement....not to mention the gammar lessons  we have all lernt ;D I myself have lernt a lot.
Sometimes I hold off from posting updates, as I know they will become redundant. Even your last posting on this thread, helped me to understand why the sudden bout of melancholy, this Christmas season has brought with it......I too miss my beloved.  Thank you Arnold
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline shaun

« Reply #648 on: December 23, 2010, 08:01:54 am »
Arnold!  You are to funny.  Get a little MLM action going again, that will spark things up here again.  I hope at least most of us can laugh about that now.  :D

http://boortz.com/Player/100392571/

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #649 on: December 23, 2010, 08:14:39 am »
I appreciate all you Guys's concern about me leaving , but I'm really a Prisoner of this Forum .. so maybe I need to " Fake " that I'm Shot ?  ::)

What a row, man that would cause if you faked being shot to get some extra attention. But as Shaun mentioned about MLM ...... I can always shout you Arnold with a loaded PUN at twenty paces to watch you bleed dry, but instead, I rather send cheer with a taste from a bottle of rye.

Christmas Cheer
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:19:49 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #650 on: December 24, 2010, 11:51:11 pm »
I had an old Christmas song rolling around in my head today while working.  Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  So I have a question that other may like to answer.  The son talked about the other reindeer.  Which one is it it?  What is the name of the other reindeer in the song?  Can anyone tell me?

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #651 on: December 25, 2010, 12:21:26 am »
Actually it is "all of the other reindeer"... so dasher, dancer, prancer and vixen... comet and cupid and donner and blitzen...  ;D

Reindeer is the same when used in plural...  8)
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Offline shaun

« Reply #652 on: December 25, 2010, 02:02:07 am »
Perspective my friend perspective.  You are close.  It only mentions one other reindeer.  The name is Olive.  Olive the other reindeer.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #653 on: December 26, 2010, 12:43:57 am »
Well you darn Yanks..... why is it than that a Puerto Rican figures so predominately in your culture? You guys even question him in your national anthem.

Jose can you see?

That is so bad because Jose Feliciano does suffer from congenital glaucoma  8)

I hope I can get away with this joke because he did bring us "Feliz Navidad" and today is Christmas.

THE PUNISHER STIKES AGAIN
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 12:50:04 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline shaun

« Reply #654 on: December 26, 2010, 08:27:08 am »
Oh man!!  :o   You missed the complete intent of the song AND got the wrong person at the same time.  Hose B and Hose C couldn't see so Hose A was asked if he could.  ;D

What exactly is the history of this?  I am glad you asked that question.  :)

As you well know Francis Scott Key wrote this song.  He was in a jail facility along with three Canadians.  He knew the easy way to deal with Canadians when you have more than one of the in your presence.  Instead of being insulting and calling them a hoser, a name created by Canadians, it is much easier to identify by Hose A, Hose B, Hose C, etc...

Rhon, I too hope this doesn't get me in a lot of trouble but I also hope this clears it up for you.  8)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 10:15:23 am by shaun »

Arnold

« Reply #655 on: January 07, 2011, 12:24:17 am »
Vince , Qing knows both Procentages and Fractions very well , but she is a little confused with OUNCES ( both liquids or solids ) and INCHES due to the Metric sytem they use .

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #656 on: January 07, 2011, 01:26:25 am »
Ming struggles with fractions, but can get her head around simple ones...one half, three quarters etc. but five eigths and eleven sixteenths leave her baffled !!!  She is confident with percentages. Inches, feet, yards are utterly alien to her...cms, metres and kilometres are all fully understood.

Grams and kilograms...no problem. Ounces and pounds...zero understanding

As for rods, perches and chains...no chance  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #657 on: January 07, 2011, 01:40:12 am »
I played a card game with Nina.  Let me try to remember how it went - it's probably not right.

she would flip 3 or 4 cards, and that would be the number we had to get (she took out the face cards) eg: 4315

Then we would be each dealt 4 cards (maybe 5, I forget) and we had to use the cards by adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing (but each card only once) to come up with that number.  the first person to do it won the hand.  Nina won every hand within seconds, then would help us with our hands.   

I miss her sometimes...   :'(
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline shaun

« Reply #658 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:31 am »
David, have you asked Ming if she knew what a smidge or a dash or a bakers dozen are?

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #659 on: January 07, 2011, 04:16:28 pm »
David, have you asked Ming if she knew what a smidge or a dash or a bakers dozen are?

No, Shaun, I daren't go down that track yet....she would blow a fuse !!

I am still getting enough problems with "there, their and they're".....and many posters on the Forum get that wrong all the time ...even more difficult to understand for a Chinese speaker !!!

We had an interesting discussion last night about the context for "forget" and "leave"...ie "I forgot my keys, or "I left my keys somewhere"...what is the difference ??

And try to explain "should, would, could" to a non-english speaker...WOW what a complex language we have !!!

ps......Somebody showed me yesterday that it is grammatically possible to have a sentence in which the word "and" is used 5 times consecutively !!!!....work it out  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:28:04 pm by David E »