Author Topic: Chengdu....The story begins...... !!!  (Read 19281 times)

Offline RegnisTheGreat

• www.secretasianman.ca
    • http://www.secretasianman.ca
RE: Chengdu....The story begins...... !!!
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 02:12:40 am »
Damn. How far is Gordon NSW from Perth or Sydney or the good stuff? The company I work for has a office in Gordon NSW so I can convince my boss to let me work there for a few months.

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2009, 02:23:46 am »
Quote from: 'RegnisTheGreat' pid='24739' dateline='1260083560'

Damn. How far is Gordon NSW from Perth or Sydney or the good stuff? The company I work for has a office in Gordon NSW so I can convince my boss to let me work there for a few months.

Gordon is in the ar***se end of the World, about 2 hours from Sydney and about 6,000 klicks from Perth !!!...do yourself a big favour, try hard to persuade your boss NOT to let you go to Gordon :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:....if you go, you will never be heard of again...kinda swallows you up does NSW !!!

But I lived for 3 years in Sydney proper and its a fantastic place, as long as you dont live there permanently .

Haha  David

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 03:25:00 am »
Quote from: 'Paul Todd' pid='24709' dateline='1260068764'

???????????????  b?i shì xi? lái tóng chuán dù, qi?n z?i xi? dé gòng zh?n mián

Literally: It takes hundreds of reincarnations to bring two persons to ride in the same boat; it takes a thousand eons to bring two persons to share the same pillow. This goes to show just how precious yuánfèn is. David I'm really happy for you both.:icon_cheesygrin:

That's beautiful Paul.  I'm going to send that quote to Nina.  

Also, congratulations David.  She's beautiful and you're a lucky man.  I wish you both a lifetime of happiness.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Peter

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 04:31:48 am »
Great news David.. Another one bites the dust... :icon_cheesygrin:
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

brett

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 05:01:18 am »
Wow, a Chinese lady who is punctual :huh:? She's a keeper! Well done!!!

shaun

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 08:16:09 am »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='24728' dateline='1260077257'
Shaun...name your price...

David
David,

Just seeing you happy and the chipper attitude in your email is payment enough for me.  Glad I could help sort through the 20 somethings in the Philippines.

The real question is how long did you linger with looking at some of the 20 year olds pictures?

Shaun
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:17:06 am by shaun »

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 08:40:55 am »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='24762' dateline='1260105369'

The real question is how long did you linger with looking at some of the 20 year olds pictures?

Shaun

Only mere seconds .........!!!!!! (thats my last fib for the day )...but you cant go to jail for what youre thinking !!

Just finished my nightly 3 hour web-cam with "herself" and I got the big intro to big Sister......

WOW, they dont mess about do they ??

Sis was very nice and polite and supportive...and then went straight for the jugular....wanted to know ALL about me....about the only thing she didnt want to know was the colour of my undies !!!, but no doubt we will get to that sooner or later !!!

It seems Ming had a very tough time with her ex...he drank like a fish and was a gambling addict and gambled away everything they owned. When she could not provide any more money, she got beat up every night.

I would give my leftie to meet him one day in a dark alley...he wouldnt beat up on any more women !!!

So Sis is looking out for her and really gave me the third degree...but I sure dont resent it, in fact I admire that families will go to such trouble to protect their own.

I think I did a good job of convincing her that "my intentions are honourable" and that I have the wherewithall, mentally and financially to look after little Sister.....I am sure scared to death of crossing THAT Lady..she would probably boil me in oil, having first performed radical surgery on some precious parts !!!!

Wont it be wonderful to be part of such a family that looks after each other...I am very humbled by the experience tonite...my admiration and affection only get bigger.

I get the impression that if I can get through the "checks and balances" imposed by well meaning family members, then only dynamite will sever that link......a great place to be and worth working hard to achieve.

David
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 09:12:24 am by David E »

shaun

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2009, 09:01:28 am »
David,

Absolutely yes to the wonderful family.  For me it was the younger sister and her husband.  It appears that the younger one is the important one the family looks to.  She is very successful.

David, if Ming's big sister likes you, you are in and will not have many problems.  But do not think the interrogation has ended my any means.  You will find as you talk with Ming that she will ask questions that big sister has asked her to ask.  I promise you big sister reads everything you write and they discuss it as a family.  The evaluations will continue for some time.  I know now, since we do voice along with typing, that when Peggy's sister does not like what I say she starts cleaning the kitchen and saying things to Peggy that come out as questions rather quickly. Yes they have a very clean kitchen. So I am learning to be more careful with what I say.

David, you are on the best trail of all.  It sounds very good.

Shaun

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 05:35:43 pm »
Hi David,

Glad you've found your treasure!!! :icon_cheesygrin:

Watch the spices in Chengdu, I burned my mouth severely (although I love spicy) several times. The worst was chicken wings in ... Mc Donald's, only place open at 1:00am if you're starving. I didn't expect the spicy there and got tricked ...

Go see the Panda's, the old town is nice too, and watch the crowds on shopping hours, just incredible.
[attachment=1140] [attachment=1141] [attachment=1142] [attachment=1143]

Oh the the red and green coloured stuff are hot chili peppers, really hot.
Go deep or don't go

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2009, 04:15:29 am »
Hi Voice

I was 7 years in Singapore and 2 years in Djakarta...was weaned on hot, spicy food...hotter the better, just love it !!.

But I was completely defeated by Burmese Curry...made with the roasted seeds of that nasty little Chillie "tom thumb"...taste buds were destroyed for a week !!!

DavidE

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2009, 06:49:01 am »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='25017' dateline='1260350129'

Hi Voice

I was 7 years in Singapore and 2 years in Djakarta...was weaned on hot, spicy food...hotter the better, just love it !!.

But I was completely defeated by Burmese Curry...made with the roasted seeds of that nasty little Chillie "tom thumb"...taste buds were destroyed for a week !!!

DavidE

Haha, I love spicy too, but to be honest ... the Sichuan spyciness is a tad too much for me, it's worse than extreme Thai ... my taste buds were numb for days after one of those, although not all are that hot.
Go deep or don't go

Offline Danny

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2009, 06:57:20 am »
David E

Did you ever post to let us know what happened to your plastic surgeon woman? I think I was writing to my dear woman in Zhuhai at about the time you were writing to your doctor and I don't recall ever finding out what happened. If you wish to keep this to yourself, please do. But if you don't, you would have a keen audience of at least one *smiles*

Danny

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2009, 03:51:24 pm »
Quote from: 'Danny' pid='25025' dateline='1260359840'

David E

Did you ever post to let us know what happened to your plastic surgeon woman? I think I was writing to my dear woman in Zhuhai at about the time you were writing to your doctor and I don't recall ever finding out what happened. If you wish to keep this to yourself, please do. But if you don't, you would have a keen audience of at least one *smiles*

Danny

No probs Danny....I'd better fill in the blank bits about the Surgeon.
When she realised that it would mean a complete re-qualification process before she could do Plastic Surgery work in Aus....8 years !!, she decided it would be best if I came to China to live.

I dont want to live in China, I never even suggested that this was an option all through the relationship. Maybe that is a selfish view of the future on my part, but I never said or even hinted that it would be an option.

From that point of "learning", it went slowly downhill for both of us.

"not with a bang...but a whimper " !!!

Cheers

David

Offline Danny

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2009, 02:33:57 pm »
Quote from: 'David E' pid='25054' dateline='1260391884'

No probs Danny....I'd better fill in the blank bits about the Surgeon.
When she realised that it would mean a complete re-qualification process before she could do Plastic Surgery work in Aus....8 years !!, she decided it would be best if I came to China to live.

I dont want to live in China, I never even suggested that this was an option all through the relationship. Maybe that is a selfish view of the future on my part, but I never said or even hinted that it would be an option.

From that point of "learning", it went slowly downhill for both of us.

"not with a bang...but a whimper " !!!

Cheers

David

Thanks for the update on this.

It is sometimes good to compare one's experience with another.

When I was my dear woman in Zhuhai she told me that I was a good man and that she loved me dearly, but there were many reasons why she could not come with me to live in Australia. Part of it was that she would have had to leave her twelve year son behind and the other part was having her medical qualifications recognised.

I can remember when she told me this. I didn't even attempt to persuade her. There are ways of persuading people, to make them do what they do not wish to do. But I did not have the heart to do this. I saw that all the reasons she had for not going were good ones. It is a big risk to throw up everything she had, for life with me. It is something she had to decide for herself.

The one thing I think about in this relationship, setting aside a few small misunderstandings, I always treated her as well as I was able: with love and honour and respect. I think back fondly of her and will always wonder how life might have been with her.

I sometimes wondered, after my dear woman in Zhuhai left me back in September, whether you had had any more success. I thought to myself that David E has probably worked this all out and he is probably in her arms at this moment. If it wasn't for my own stupidity I could have persuaded her somehow.

Well between the two of us we didn't manage it.

I think there is something to be said (if one is ever in the position of having to start again, from scratch) for choosing someone who has a dream to emigrate, for whatever reason. Without this strong desire to go, it is hard for people who are successful and happy to take that jump.

Best luck for your new relationship!

Danny

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2009, 04:02:13 pm »
Wonderful News DavidE!

Wow!  Wow!!  And triple Wow!!! What an absolutely beautiful woman you have got for yourself - and from what you write she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside.  Priceless and spellbinding!  I could not have wished it for a nicer person.  My deepest hopes that it works out perfectly for you both and that you enjoy love, joy and happiness.  Hey, I can not explain or articulate it but your happiness and excitement have made me happy too...........

Go well, and take kindly of the gifts of life.:heart:

Johnboy.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)