Author Topic: Adoption and Children  (Read 1515 times)

Offline David S

Adoption and Children
« on: January 11, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »
I haven't read much about the process for men who are involved with ladies with children.  I'm wondering, for those who's children are pre-teen or even younger if any have gone through the adoption process?  Is this something that needs to be done on the China side or something to implement after they arrive to your homeland? (in my case the US)

I do understand that there might be some time involved.  Perhaps with older children, say 15 or older, that the process might take so long that by the time it's complete the child would be over 18, and in the US that means they can become legally independent and kind of makes the adoption process a mute point.

I'd be interested in hearing some thoughts.

ttwjr32

RE: Adoption and Children
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 10:25:49 am »
yes David the age of the child should be taken into
 consideration as the process can be lenthy in the usa

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 09:45:07 am »
Mike at 17 and by the time the paperwork is done and taking there time about it she will be over 18 and no longer adoptable. Maybe student visa would do it? and switch it later?

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 09:54:35 am »
Mike,

you dont need to adopt but just sponsor them both when
you are married. then the daughter will come also. i do
believe you need the dad to sign off on it in China though
which is just a formality

Offline maxx

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:25 am »
At no time would you have to adopt the daughter.Yes like Vince said any children would be part of the womans visa.And yes you do need the lady's exhusband to sign off on taking the kid out of the country.

At 17 you are cutting it close.I think the kid would have to go on a family visa.Because she will be well over 18 by the time you started this and finished this.Suudent visa's are not just handed out.They have to be applied for.And you will need a letter of invite from the school that the child will be attending.The childs English will have to be very good.To even be considerd.

Offline Philip

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 03:19:04 pm »
Hi guys,

I am very interested in this issue. I am planning to marry my lady in April. She has two children, a son of 12 and a daughter of 7. We want them to come and live with us in England. Is there anything about the process of applying to bring them to England that I need to know about. Is it a matter of sponsoring all three to come here?

I would appreciate any advice on this. Has anyone had the experience of bringing their wife's young children to their country?

Thanks

rockycoon

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 11:59:06 pm »
I looked this up at the libary in an immagration book, if your married to the mother, you have to apply for the children also, I can't remember all of the questions but it appears that it is all in one thing.  I'll try to check the book out and see what else is required.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 12:06:23 am »
In Canada it is as Maxx stated - the child is included with the wife's visa application. And likewise the ex has to sign off.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:06:47 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances