Author Topic: What things are bargains in China?  (Read 13204 times)

David5o

RE: What things are bargains in China?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 07:37:19 am »
Frank,

Sounds to me like he was describing the well known ''China Princesses''.  They can certainly be exactly like the Chinese guy describes. Which is another reason why you should be looking for an older Chinese lady in China, and preferably one that has previously been married. All those rough edges would have been rounded, and your left with the type of woman that every Western man is seeking. ...haha!!!

David......

ttwjr32

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 10:06:38 am »
mine just gets a little grumpy for a few hours
 then all is fine, ive never seen that from her
 maybe he had a few girlfreinds and a wife and
 they all found out about each other. or was the typical
 all for me type of person

Offline jeffm

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 03:16:14 pm »
Quote from: 'Oiler1' pid='28753' dateline='1263949848'

I really need a cell phone. Should I buy in Hk or Shenzhen? The iphone 3GS seems like a good deal. Is it useable in North America?

Shenzhen and get the MZone SIM card.  Will most likely have to buy it separately.  The rates are way lower.  100RMB minutes last forever.  I called from Bejing to Shenzhen thinking I was burning up all my minutes, and when I checked I hardly used any.  I was shocked.  A Chinese friend of mine in Shekou told me about it.  They would know lol.
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='29102' dateline='1264285646'

Oiler1,

That's a chance everyone takes when they get married, be it a home bred woman or a Chinese woman. I don't think anyone thinks about divorce when getting married, maybe some that have been down that road once or twice (some even more times) may do. But it has never stopped them in the past, and i doubt that it's going to stop them in the future.

So, ...You pays your money and take your chances, It's up to the individules to be sure in there own minds, that the woman there marrying is the ''Right One'' for them, and just as important, ....that they are the ''Right Man'' for their woman!!  Unfortunately life holds no guarantees, so any marriage is only going to be as good, as what your both prepared to put into it....  

David......

That is probably the very reason I have never been married lol.  I would take chances in business, betting football games, and trying something new at a restaurant, but I could never get the odds to the point of my liking when faced with the possibility losing a chunk of my assets that I worked hard for.  

I've loosed up over the past year, and now am willing to take that chance.  I don't know how you guys did it before, but it scares the h*** out of me LOL.  Learning Chinese women mind-set has allowed me to be willing to do it now.  I found the odds for success are much higher with a Chinese woman.  

Deal the cards.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 03:36:19 pm by jeffm »
Watch what people do not what they say

ttwjr32

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 06:43:37 pm »
life is full of chances take one, when worried of her
taking all ---- prenup  but they cant take what was
yours before marriage so if successful now modestly
then now is the time. i wish i new that before i got married
28 years ago my chinese lady would have been my first and
not my second and i would have saved a lot

Offline chen yan

• http://chenyan19851010.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 11:29:58 pm »
Quote from: 'Voiceroveip' pid='28744' dateline='1263943153'

Last one would be Luoho Commercial center, Luoho metro station, huge building with all the brand knock-offs you can imagine, + toys and electronics, gifts and much more. I did not like the atmosphere there, and prices start ver high, bargain to at lest 50% and leave if they don't play. Sunglasses should be 80-150 rmb max for instance.

I just live nearby Luoh Commercial center.For our native Chinese we wonn't go to there for shopping,but we sometimes go there for dinner. So I recommand a coffee shop in the third floor for expat if you want to have a rest after shopping there. http://szdaily.sznews.com/html/2010-01/01/content_915102.htm
Or Laura Restaurant in the fifth floor,They serve the most delious canton food in Shenzhen!:icon_cool:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 11:40:29 pm by chen yan »
Love ,Joy ,Peace~

Offline David S

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2010, 02:02:25 am »
Quote from: 'chen yan' pid='29240' dateline='1264393798'

Or Laura Restaurant in the fifth floor,They serve the most delious canton food in Shenzhen!:icon_cool:

I'm talking to a lady in Shenzhen.  I'm making note of this. :fi_lone_ranger:

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2010, 03:21:00 am »
Guys

I should add a small caution to those contemplating pre-nups prior to a marriage (with anyone, not just a Chinese Lady)

Please dont think that a Pre-nup is a 100% "get-out-of-jail-free" card because it is definately not.

The first hurdle you will need to get over if a seperation happens within a Pre-nup centres around what contribution she made within the marriage....and that does not necesarily mean working and bringing in a wage. If she only contributed time and effort...a good Lawyer will get that translated as a share of your assets, or cash or both.

The second hurdle is if you have had children together and they are below the age of self-support. In this case, a Pre-nup can be completely put aside legally...always the children's welfare (mentally and financially) will over-ride a Pre-nup.

Thirdly, if she joined the marriage with nothing, if it all goes perr-shaped, she will easily get some level of compensation for her situation. If , however you both had more or less equal assets to bring to the marriage, then you should be safe if there are no kids.

If you are thinking Pre-nup, get a REAL good Lawyer to draft it...and be prepared that is almost certainly wont be watertight when the crunch happens !!!

From bitter and costly personal experience I KNOW this is a set of facts that requires you do it very carefully.

Take care !!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

shaun

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2010, 05:02:46 am »
Guys,

Signing a Pre-nup has always sounded to me like you are planning for the marriage to fail.  It also sends a signal to her that bottom line you do not trust her.  David E said that they are not water tight.  Every day lawyers sit there and try to figure out ways to overcome the issues in a pre-nup.  It goes back to the basics.  

1. Choose wisely. - Is this not why we wait to ask them for marriage until we meet face to face?
2. Treat her right. - Isn't this the best insurance against losing everything in a divorce?
3. Pray for her daily. - With her in hearing distance. (I suggest you pray together for each other.) For you non-believers it wouldn't be a bad idea.  In both Christian and non-Christian families the wife will at least know what you wish, think and feel for her.  Hint: Do not pray that her shortcomings improve in front of her, pray that you become a better husband for her and she may deal with her shortcomings by herself.
4. There are no guarantees.

Shaun
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:07:46 am by shaun »

Vince G

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 09:25:12 am »
Prenup or not it all depends on how long your married and the assets. Anything you had before marriage she can't touch in a divorce. If your married a year, she's still not getting anything. It's after an amount of time (over 10 years) that she becomes entitled to a share in your pockets. As David said having kids is a whole other situation and a prenup even 10 prenup's doesn't make a difference. Based according to the US laws.

ttwjr32

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2010, 09:33:09 am »
that is correct if chldren are involved then its all out the
window. but you should want to care for your kids

Offline Cam

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 11:46:48 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='29267' dateline='1264429512'

Prenup or not it all depends on how long your married and the assets. Anything you had before marriage she can't touch in a divorce. If your married a year, she's still not getting anything. It's after an amount of time (over 10 years) that she becomes entitled to a share in your pockets. As David said having kids is a whole other situation and a prenup even 10 prenup's doesn't make a difference. Based according to the US laws.

Wish it was that easy in Australia, all you have to do is live together for more than 6 months and she is entitled to 50% of everything you have, one of the reasons I've lived alone or only had only boarders for the last 19yrs...........She has her place & I have mine, that way they can stay as long as they want but are entitled to nothing, I've finished a few relationships when they have started dropping hints about moving in, once bitten twice shy and if I do end up marrying again everything will go into a family trust under my kids names before the ring is even purchased.

Vince G

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 12:16:06 pm »
Golddiggers are the reason they fixed these laws. They base things on how long they lived with you and how accustomed to that way of life they are? At 6 months they aren't accustomed to the lifestyle. Over ten years and then the numbers start changing. She's even entitled to tap into you Social Security money if you pass?

Offline jeffm

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:35 pm »
Quote from: 'David5o' pid='29160' dateline='1264336639'

Frank,

Sounds to me like he was describing the well known ''China Princesses''.  They can certainly be exactly like the Chinese guy describes. Which is another reason why you should be looking for an older Chinese lady in China, and preferably one that has previously been married. All those rough edges would have been rounded, and your left with the type of woman that every Western man is seeking. ...haha!!!

David......

You are so right.  I believe that was what my ex was. a chinese princess translated to spoiled rotten brat where the world revolves around them.  sounds just the like the women in the U.S. I am trying to get away from.
Watch what people do not what they say

ttwjr32

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 11:54:58 pm »
it is all based on the time spent together for what you might pay
 also the kids even factor in more

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2010, 06:15:31 pm »
Quote from: 'shaun' pid='29259' dateline='1264413766'
Guys,

Signing a Pre-nup has always sounded to me like you are planning for the marriage to fail.  It also sends a signal to her that bottom line you do not trust her.  David E said that they are not water tight.  Every day lawyers sit there and try to figure out ways to overcome the issues in a pre-nup.  It goes back to the basics.  

1. Choose wisely. - Is this not why we wait to ask them for marriage until we meet face to face?
2. Treat her right. - Isn't this the best insurance against losing everything in a divorce?
3. Pray for her daily. - With her in hearing distance. (I suggest you pray together for each other.) For you non-believers it wouldn't be a bad idea.  In both Christian and non-Christian families the wife will at least know what you wish, think and feel for her.  Hint: Do not pray that her shortcomings improve in front of her, pray that you become a better husband for her and she may deal with her shortcomings by herself.
4. There are no guarantees.

Shaun

I respectfully disagree with you. A pre-nup is prudent for anyone with substantial assets. It does not mean you do not trust her or love her any less.

In life I find the most intelligent decisions I have ever made are with forethought, calmness and not emotion. You wouldn't drive a car without insurance would you?

The way I see it is if a woman is not intelligent and considerate enough to think from your perspective then it's game off. I asked a number of Chinese women about pre-nips and most agree to sign one.

Of course life has no guarantees bit you can do things to lessen the risks.

On a side note: The problem for Canadians is that you must have the lady sign the agreement in her own language with a Canadian lawyer from the same province as you present. This presents a big challenge and expense as you would have to get the lawyer to come to China with you to advise and witness the agreement. Maybe you can get her to come to Canada as a visitor but the odds are low. I wonder if one can fax the agreement and have it notarized?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:18:44 pm by Oiler1 »