Author Topic: brand new  (Read 14246 times)

rockycoon

RE: brand new
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:30 pm »
Falcon, told you these guys were the pro's from Dover,  They miss very little.

Big apologies Vince - and you are of course a super, super moderator. Well, you are in my eyes anyway...... Johnboy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well guy's there goes his hat size....:icon_cheesygrin:,  He will be admiring himself in the mirror if you need him...haha

Offline falcon

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2010, 10:12:07 pm »
Thanks everyone for all the information on this, much of my anxiety has been relieved. Now to try and learn chinese.............

ttwjr32

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2010, 09:31:19 am »
im trying to learn Falcon the chinese i mean and it has
to be the most difficult the progress is slow and long
and i live here  hahaha

brett

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2010, 10:51:06 am »
Chinese is easier than I thought it would be. The Tuttle flashcards are great for learning the characters. I have no idea how you can remember them well enough to write them, but I can now read quite a bit of what my lady sends me on QQ without having to use Google translate.

Soon I think I will know more Mandarin than I know of either French or German.

I think the most important thing is to get a good teacher. My Chinese teacher is fantastic - I have never known a teacher so enthusiastic about her subject.

It is nice to learn our ladies' language, I can only imagine how impressed my lady will be when I can tell her stuff in Mandarin :icon_cheesygrin:.

Offline Johnboy

• Johnboy
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2010, 09:43:39 pm »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='29322' dateline='1264471110'

Falcon, told you these guys were the pro's from Dover,  They miss very little.

Big apologies Vince - and you are of course a super, super moderator. Well, you are in my eyes anyway...... Johnboy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Well guy's there goes his hat size....:icon_cheesygrin:,  He will be admiring himself in the mirror if you need him...haha"

Nice one Mr Rocky!  And the $10 from Vince to post my admiration was very helpful too!!!  Seriously, I wrongly described Vince, in a post reply to William, as a moderator instead of a super-duper-moderator and I wanted to put that right - largely because when I joined this Forum Vince was enormously helpful to me and I respect that.  And also because he talks the talk AND walks the walk.  So, credibility where it's due.........

So, get off your horse, and drink your milk! Hahaha:icon_biggrin:  Johnboy    
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to say nothing.  (Edmund Burke)

Offline Lee357

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2010, 11:15:04 pm »
I have never been to China yet to visit my lady but I did return in September from traveling China in which I never stayed at a hotel. I stayed with local people. I stayed with both females and males during this trip. I am going to meet my Lady for the first time in July of this year and I will be surfing a couch of one of the people I stayed with in March of last year. I do not know the laws concerning staying with local people but it never was a problem for me. Info my last trip to China I stayed for almost 8 months and traveled all over from the north west to north east and also traveled through the southern portion of the country. I came home and that is when I joined CL. Also I had never met any of the people I stayed with prior to showing up at their homes. I arranged all the living arrangements through a web site dedicated to finding places to stay while traveling. There are many Chinese willing to let you stay in their home from all over China.
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2010, 12:07:52 am »
I've found many generous people in China.  If you show them respect, they will do their best to help you out, even if it's just a couch or some food.

BTW, welcome Lee!
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

Arnold

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2010, 01:02:14 am »
Welcome Lee , we alway's like it ...when new Member's get right down and Post what's on there MInd , no matter what . You will have alway's someone listening or helping you . Count the Month's ... July is not that far away .
It's right during the World Cup !!:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Lee357

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2010, 02:42:14 am »
Thank you for the welcome. I am trying to mainly soak up the knowledge I can gain from the posts right now. I did not come here untill now after I read most all the post on CL first. I am starting to get a little nervous about my trip. I should say about meeting my Lady. I have a back up not sure if that is a good idea or not seems to be a little underhanded or at least insincere but even though I have already talked to most of her family on the phone and have done most of what has been suggested in forums, I know nothing is real untill I am face to face with her. We have talked about weddings and such but I have told her that is not why I am comming to see her this time. She seems to understand but then again against all odds I know that the brain can still know something and still believe something else. I guess it is just like I have already read many times on here "nothing left but go and see"
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

ttwjr32

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2010, 10:38:28 am »
thats the spirit Ledd357 thats all you can, do be in contact, and then go see her.
 then you will know for sure from the face to face if you want to continue. i talked with one
 lady a few years ago,went to see her, and that is what the downfall was. she was or has to
 be the messiest person in the world. there were clothes, shoes, dishes, just about everything
 you could think of all over the place. and i mean everything. so i kindly got a hotel and we had a
decent time but i cant live with someone who just throws everything around and lets it stay were it landed
just me but i wouldnt have known that if not seeing her in person and seeing how she lived.
by the way she is still available if anyone is interested. talk marriage after the first visit i think is best
just another of my 2 cents worth

Vince G

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 11:11:20 am »
My lady asked for photos of my home, I sent a few. I sent one of the bedroom which I just finished remodeling and asked if she liked the color. She was fixing her place at that time too. She mentioned that it was neat which it always is and that she was the same. I joked that there was a pile of clothes off of the photo. In further talk it sounds like we are the same in keeping things, clean, put away,etc. But that remains to be seen yet? :icon_biggrin:

ttwjr32

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 11:18:12 am »
i think most are Vince neat and clean this lady was from a very rich
family and i think she had everything done for her when she lived at home
so her place was to hard to care for by her without the servants  didnt
and still dont know why mom and dad dont give her money for things like that
i guess she was pampered at home

Vince G

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 11:56:49 am »
My lady has a few places she rents out. One place is large? It might be a townhouse? I've seen photo from google (above). She rented it out and moved to another in which she said the renters left the place unclean. She cleaned and repainted the place, white. Then I found out she has "White furniture. Everything white? She surpasses me in the clean thing. She comes back from the market and washes her hair because it was dirty there? But that's cool with me.

I was seeing a girl a while ago (american) and the first time we were together I folded up my clothes and laid them on the dresser, she just dropped her clothes to the floor and then stepped on them? I said to her you could put them here (hint hint) then she told me this is what she does. Her whole apartment has things all over the floor (with a proud smile)? I said, well guess we'll never be living together? She was gone not to long after that. She wasn't good in other places either. :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:57:22 am by Vince G »

ttwjr32

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 12:06:07 am »
Vince i am not a neat freak but i dont like stepping around
things just thrown all over the place so i know what you mean
with the one lady. just dont like that and makes me wonder about other areas??

Vince G

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 12:22:07 am »
I'm not a neat freak either. I just have a routine keeping things in there place. Like if the dirty dishes are in the sink. About 9 PM they get washed and the coffee maker gets set up for the morning. Especially down here the ants are a plenty and the roaches are big and fly? Best to keep things clean.