Author Topic: Willy's dreams  (Read 8348 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Willy's dreams
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:16:02 am »
Not started to dream in Chinese yet. In fact my dreams never have words just pictures!!!!!

So all being well I should be having a conversation in Chinese in about another 14 months or so time.

Oh well I will save what I wanted to say five minutes ago until then. But maybe I should practise and see if the neighbour understands me tomorrow - 'Excuse me but did you know that your apartments is on fiire' now should that be in mandarin or Cantonese?   Never mind let me get back to the forum - maybe the wind will not blow the sparks as far as my place across the street.

Willy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:29:43 am by maxx »
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

ttwjr32

RE: Language Barrier
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 08:37:52 am »
thats like me when i was cooking popcorn and it burnt and i threw it out the window
i had about the whole complex looking and talking chinese good thing i didnt understand
what they said-----   stupid western man       hahahha

rockycoon

RE: Willy's dreams
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:42:39 am »
As far as the throwing the popcorn out the window,

what is the chinese word for OWW you hit me in the head...:icon_cheesygrin:

or the Chinese words for "look it's raining popcorn":icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:45:00 am by rockycoon »

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 11:10:24 am »
Don't know about speaking Chinese mate, but you don't have speak double dutch to me.....hahahaha:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

shaun

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 11:18:24 am »
Willy, how about; ???????????????????? :angel:

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 07:49:32 pm »
Do you guys recognize swear words? I heard some the other day in Cantonese.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 08:08:08 pm »
Maybe I will wake up soon.  I thought that when I posted the original it was on another thread!! Now I find I have my own thread.  Wow that was some dream.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

rockycoon

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 08:27:41 pm »
Most people count sheep, Willy on the otherhand counts EGGS....:icon_cheesygrin:

Be careful Willy, eating eggs before bed will cause you to hilucinate and the paint on the walls will run down in a multi-colored rainbows looking like alien crop circles and hundreds of eggs will dance and sing at the foot of your bed, and you find  yourself muttering "far out man" and a large red hen is sitting next to
you saying "your hot big boy"...and there is a multi-colored giant rooster banging on your front door saying "what have you done with my wife" and you find yourself floating two feet above your bed looking down on all your subjects..for you are tonight "king egg" .:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:  have some more eggs Willy....

and don't believe Shaun's "hen scratching" he
had a chicken write that for him....,:icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:55:53 pm by rockycoon »

Offline Lee357

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 08:47:36 pm »
Hey I was wondering since China is on the other side of the planet will I dream back words? or will all the words in my dream still be forwards.... :icon_cheesygrin:
Does it matter to the bird if an apple is Red or Green? Or does the bird just care that the apple is sweet.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 09:59:33 pm »
I really like the multicoloured rainbows.  Reminds me of a story a friend of mine related to me.   Lets just say his work was not that regular but often well paid but with a heavy risk factor.    He was a safebreaker.  Not a legal one but he blew safes for a living.

He told me that one night they broke into a factory and there was a huge safe in the office.  The did the usual things of attaching retaining wire to the heavy brass handle so when it flew off it did not become a missile and they slipped a condom into the keyhole and filled it with the explosive.  

They realised that they may have put in to much of the explosive so went to the factory floor and found a number of boxes filed with goodness know what and they placed these all around the safe.

They both hide behind filing cabinets and blew the safe.  There was the usual bang and but also unusual splatts  They looked around the office and it was like a phycadelic nightmare.  Everything was in multi colours.  The boxes had been filled with paint - and because they used too much explosive they and the whole room were multicoloured.

Now that is what I call a multicolour nightmare.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

ttwjr32

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 08:14:59 am »
true story Willy??
i also have this reoccuring dream were i am living in the forbidden city
 with all my wives.

and their all b******* at me at the same time. its like i am being
ganged up on. now go figure that one out as i am such a nice guy
its like i ran into a pack of badgers:dodgy:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:18:52 am by ttwjr32 »

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 10:56:59 am »
True story Ted.   A few years ago I met up with this old fellow, now in his early 70's.  He hung out with the London Gangsters of the early 60's.  For the UK guys - he was not with the twins - he was in North London.  He ran a couple of illigasl gambling clubs.  And did 'a bit of work' as her called it in his spare time.  I speak to him from here every week by phone.

He has maintain a diary every day since he was 14.  That is nearly 60 volumns.   He has proimised them to me when he dies as some of the entries could get him sent to prison!!  It has a lot of infor on many people who were celebrities or plain gangsters - they are all dying off now but he has related a lot of it to me and that was one story.

He also related the story of a well known UK Bookmaker who is now dead but his name is on hundred of betting shops in the UK.  (Not William Hill I hasten to add.)   But as this is a love site I wil retell it here. Well his only son met and fell in love with a woman but because of his fathers business her parents did not think he wassuitable for her and took her  to Australia and he never married, still being in love with this woman.  Then about 20 years later she contacted him and told him that she a made a mistake all those years ago and she was coming home.  By this time he was in his late forties. He was very pleased to hear from her.  He went to Heathrow to meet her flight and got so excited when they announced it had landed he had a heart attack and died there and then.  Never to meet again the women he had loved all his adult life.

Many oif the names he has related will not mean much to you but to Brits they are or were hosuehold names.  It will make some story.

Willy
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 11:17:26 pm by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

ttwjr32

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 05:45:07 pm »
Willy,

now that would be interesting reading. if you ever get the volumes as
you finish reading them i would be interested in reading them also.
probably some really great stories in it. when i was younger and yes
that was many years ago i would always love to talk with the older
people and listen to their stories of what it was like immigrating to
the USA and other stories of their lives. it always fascinated me
with what they spoke.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »
Quote from: 'ttwjr32' pid='34170' dateline='1268433907'

Willy,

now that would be interesting reading. if you ever get the volumes as
you finish reading them i would be interested in reading them also.
probably some really great stories in it. when i was younger and yes
that was many years ago i would always love to talk with the older
people and listen to their stories of what it was like immigrating to
the USA and other stories of their lives. it always fascinated me
with what they spoke.

When he 'goes' i will have 60 odd volumes of 365 pages at least to read in each.   It will not be a normal read as everything is coded. This is because everything thing he ever did is listed and every one, lords ladys, celebrities, entertainers, UK and American Gangsters he ever met are in the diaries and what they did.  I have been able to read a few entries and I know what each code means.  

He has told me to see what I can do with it as I think fit after he goes and to share the royalties with his wife.  I think that there will be a good few stories in there for Sunday papers for a start.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

rockycoon

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 11:15:10 pm »
The hell with sunday papers willy, with that many volumes, you need to write the next UK novel.  I for one would buy a copy of
that.  Need a ghost writer?  I'll get to see you on Larry King and Jay Leno....providing the mob don't get you first....:fi_lone_ranger::fi_lone_ranger::fi_lone_ranger::icon_cheesygrin: