Author Topic: Still getting dividends in China, even after marriage?  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
Still getting dividends in China, even after marriage?
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:23:07 am »
Hi there, brothers :)
I would like some comments and some help if possible.
About marrying with Liyan, she says me that she is getting each year dividends in China.
But if she marries in China, then she will lose those dividends.
So, she says me that she wants to not register marriage in China (should it mean that we won't marry in china, so?)
And that I have to check about registering marriage in France... because she wants to continue to get dividends in China, even after being married...

But will she be able to keep those dividends if she marries only in France or no way ?
- Let's Rock -

David5o

RE: Still getting dividends in China, even after marriage?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:34:20 am »
Sylvain D,

I think she means that each year she gets X amount of money from the government that goes towards her final retirement package.... also depending on her Job she may also be getting some kind of medical insurance etc....

All this stops, when and if she marries a foreigner Sly. Which is why we intended not to marry in China. Basically the government steals all this money from these women that marry foreigners, even if they choose to live in China.

For a young woman, your  Liyan has her head screwed on well...  All it means really, is that the actual marriage has to take place outside of China, it doesn't mean you can't have a wedding reception in China.

David......
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:34:42 am by David5o »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 11:55:42 am »
Thanks for your reply, David ;)
So, I should understand the best is to not marry in China, but marrying in France, and so, Liyan could still keep getting dividends each year from the chinese government, right?
Or will it still end, even if the marriage is outside china?
Because of that sentence, in fact :
Quote from: "David50"
"All this stops, when and if she marries a foreigner Sly"
And, if we anyway marry outside China, how can the chinese govt know if she still can have dividends or not?

Anyway, for sure, we can have a wedding reception in China :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 11:56:51 am by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

David5o

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 12:27:11 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='35524' dateline='1269618942'

Thanks for your reply, David ;)
So, I should understand the best is to not marry in China, but marrying in France, and so, Liyan could still keep getting dividends each year from the chinese government, right?
Or will it still end, even if the marriage is outside china?
Because of that sentence, in fact :
Quote from: "David50"
"All this stops, when and if she marries a foreigner Sly"

And, if we anyway marry outside China, how can the chinese govt know if she still can have dividends or not?

Anyway, for sure, we can have a wedding reception in China :)

Sly,

What the government don't know can't hurt them or her ...lol!!
Just means that when dealing with anything to do with the Chinese government, you never divulge that your married..... For example, she will remain single for evermore on her passport. haha!!

David.......

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 12:32:44 pm »
OK, so, the best thing to do is :
- marrying in France.
- having a wedding reception in China & France

and so, Liyan can go on earning dividends each year from the chinese govt.
But about the passport :huh:
before getting married, her passport will show "single". but when we'll marry, will she have to do again her passport or not, in fact?
Sorry to ask so many questions... :icon_confused:
I'd just like to do everything right :blush:
- Let's Rock -

David5o

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 12:58:12 pm »
Sly,

No, .....She will remain Single as far as anything to do with Official Chinese government departments.... Only if she becomes a French/EU citizen will she have a passport stating ''Married''  and it won't be a Chinese Passport. That passport will always be stating her as single.

Oh, ....and never divulge that Liyan has become an EU Citizen either, the same thing will happen, all her Chinese privileges will be taken away. ....And she will also have to apply for a visit visa to enter her own country too!!!

All this sounds complicated, ....It's not, it's very simple.  Whenever she has to renew her passport, she just sends it as normal to the Chinese embassy for renewal, just never divulging that she is married. There are no restrictions to Chinese Nationals living and working overseas, So this shouldn't present any problems. Lucy renewed her passport here last December.... no problems whatsoever, took just 3 days too!! hahaha!!

David.....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:07:42 pm by David5o »

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 01:00:55 pm »
Realistically, how big a deal will it be for her to get a visa in the future? Will be just a formality as it is for us oner assumes, and having Chinese relatives it will be a one year multiple entry one at that.
The real cost would be more emotional at giving up Chinese citizenship i expect.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

David5o

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:12:11 pm »
Ronan,

The real cost, is loseing the rights of a Chinese Citizen just for marrying a foreigner!!!
Theft is the right word for it!!!.....

So why lose anything, when you don't have too??

David...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:13:30 pm by David5o »

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 01:20:36 pm »
Ok, I better understand.
Many thanks for your help and advices, David ;)
- Let's Rock -

ttwjr32

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:21:05 pm »
ok i have a question on this? what is she applying for to go to france??
 a fiance visa??
 if so is france like the usa  only a certain amount of time to get it done
 and be married or you have to leave the country.

Sly if i were you i would get the advice of an attorney were you live because they
are better versed on these matters.

at some point and time i would think that it would all catch up (paperwork) and it
will be discovered she is married by china. they just cant leave china on a temp
visa and never be heard from again and then 20 years later apply for their govt
money from the chinese govt. then the questions will come up about were she has been

also you have to work in china to get a pension as the company you work for does pay
towards that and so do the workers to an extent. you just dont obtain a govt pension
because you have lived in china all your life.

GET AN OPINION FROM A LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE IN YOUR COUNTRY

before you set any plans in motion

David5o

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 01:52:05 pm »
Ted,

It doesn't matter what type of visa she gets for entering France, It has nothing to do with the Chinese Authorities, once the passport has been issued!!  The visa, (of whatever type) is issued by the French embassy.

Liyan will get whatever has been paid into her retirement pension, ''it's NOT lost''.  So if she stops working in China for a few years, then go's back (maybe Sly and Liyan will move back to China to live and work in the future) and starts paying into her pension credits again, they too will go towards her final retirement pension payout.

They don't apply for the government pension, it kicks in automatically when you reach the official government retirement age. Many women continue working past retirement age in China, (sometimes they may have to change companies/jobs ...especially government jobs) but they still continue to draw there pension monies....

Believe me Ted, i've gone into this matter with a fine tooth comb, there is no paper catch-up, only if your fool enough to let it be known your married to a foreigner, to any of the Chinese authorities, then they will automatically stop all further payments....

David....

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »
Ted, I understand your comment, and I'm a little bit thinking the same.
I think that Liyan should apply for a fiance visa or maybe a turist one, at first? and I'm looking for how to do the papers, the best way I can.
by the way, I will try to see if I can see an attorney, maybe yes, it would be better to do all in a "regular way".
- Let's Rock -

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »
Sly, she needs a fiancee Visa in order to have the paperwork to get married in France ... and to have enough time. It will take longer and there is an interview with a consulate officer to check if your marriage intentions are for real.

It will be hard to get a tourist Visa of more than 2 weeks for her, better to start the fiancee visa, and then you are sure you have all the paperwork to get married in your hometown, check the requirements with your mairie.

It will take 3-6 months from what I read on Bonjourchine, there are some testimonials there. It's not the easiest route but well worth it for your lady's benefits.

Lyan will lose her rights in China if she takes on French nationality, the procedure somehow notifies the Chinese government, my ex tried to hide her French nationality from Chinese authorities, but when she tried to renew her passport, they grabbed it and it was never seen again. She now needs a visa to travel to China :icon_cheesygrin:

Lyan can stay in France as long as she likes, she will first get a 1 or 5 year residents card, then a 10 year one I think.

I'm getting my 20 year card next week, but then I'm not Chinese :icon_cheesygrin: yet :icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:
Go deep or don't go

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 03:51:56 pm »
Frank, in fact, I don't see anything related to "fiancee visa" in www.bonjourchine.com in fact :s
and that's a little bit "scaring" me.
Because today, I could talk to Liyan on QQ, and the "problem" now is that one :
In July, she'd like to come in France, just one week....
But on that week, she wishes us to marry in France. So that all would be very good for each of us.
Otherwise, her dad would be like "upset" and would worry more and more, because he'd think that we can't marry... so... he may could be able to say a final "no" if Liyan and me can't marry quick...

I've registered on "bonjourchine.com" and I have asked how to do exactly in the french process, and if time could be with me to do everything good about Liyan and to marry on July, if she can stay only 1 week... I'm still waiting some answers / tips / comments there.

Tomorrow, I will need to go to the hometown and to have more informations about all that... I just hope all could be ok...
I've also heard that because of french laws, I may would need any paper about my parents (like some bills of electricity, family books and so on....)
:s
- Let's Rock -

Offline Voiceroveip

• Frank for you
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 04:04:37 pm »
Yes it's complicated ... at least for July you have plenty of time to get her paperwork together. You should get some good input on Bonjourchine . You'll see that the tourist Visa is not without hassle, although France does not seem to be too bad.

Check with the Maire because if he is not nice, he can block your marriage just like that.
Go deep or don't go