Author Topic: Calculating the Cost of 'True Love'  (Read 4911 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
RE: Calculating the Cost of 'True Love'
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 11:27:08 am »
Thanks Vince, since many of us from this site have gained from your aquired knowledge.  Yes it is a mini fortune to find our diamonds in the rice stack.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 11:30:49 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Peter

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 12:26:37 pm »
Anyone more than me that is too afraid to start counting.... I don't want to know because it will make me scared..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Paul Todd

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 12:30:01 pm »
EMF's  160 pounds.
Web cam 15 pounds
Best 175 quid I ever spent!:D

Offline datom0

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:26 pm »
Hi
Thats a great idea. :)
I plan to go to hangzhou in october and would welcome some idea of the overall costs.

Quote from: 'UK Mark' pid='3079' dateline='1242485581'

Well of course true love is priceless :heart: + :heart: = :D , but i thought maybe this would be a handy thread especially for newbies .
We all know our journey is going to be expensive so maybe we could help each other by prewarning others about the cost of things and maybe how to save a little cash
I'm going to keep a tally on things and post on this thread and see how the costs mount up as i prepare to see ' my girl ' and what happens after that , i hope it is of interest and benefit to any newbies reading this.

Costs to me so far

Chinalove EMFs - think im lucky here only spent about £30 , now my girl and me email each other and a friend translates for us :)

Flowers to China - there is already a post on here about different florist services , I sent a dozen roses to my girl , next day delivery £20

UK Visa to enter China £115 inc all fees

Return Flights from London to Guangzhou (August) £450

so £715 so far .. and theres going to be a lot more .. I'll keep you posted and let you know when i need a second job !!

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 05:24:50 pm »
Quote from: 'datom0' pid='3256' dateline='1242688466'

Hi
Thats a great idea. :)
I plan to go to hangzhou in october and would welcome some idea of the overall costs.

Quote from: 'UK Mark' pid='3079' dateline='1242485581'

Well of course true love is priceless :heart: + :heart: = :D , but i thought maybe this would be a handy thread especially for newbies .
We all know our journey is going to be expensive so maybe we could help each other by prewarning others about the cost of things and maybe how to save a little cash
I'm going to keep a tally on things and post on this thread and see how the costs mount up as i prepare to see ' my girl ' and what happens after that , i hope it is of interest and benefit to any newbies reading this.

Costs to me so far

Chinalove EMFs - think im lucky here only spent about £30 , now my girl and me email each other and a friend translates for us :)

Flowers to China - there is already a post on here about different florist services , I sent a dozen roses to my girl , next day delivery £20

UK Visa to enter China £115 inc all fees

Return Flights from London to Guangzhou (August) £450

so £715 so far .. and theres going to be a lot more .. I'll keep you posted and let you know when i need a second job !!

Ok so how about a hypothetical flipside to all this,  dating a local girl/woman.

lets say 2 dates a week one a dinner and movie one a night on the town.  
Dinner for two at a reasonable restaurant $80.00, plust the show with refreshments $40.00 total evening $120.00

Night on the town say dinner theatre followed by a nice dance club.
Dinner theatre tickets $100.00
Dance club a guess since I havent in years 60.00

total one week expense $360.00

Now obviously there are going to be times where dates are in home or walks or drives or other "freebie" so lets say an average of $500.00 per month.
 Now add in gifts for  birthday christmas valentines just because, etc,perhaps babysitting fees if either or both have kids, weekend camping trips/getaways etc and the costs spiral.

Now lets look at the positves of our new found way to do things.  We are dating some of the most beautiful faithfull caring women on the planet = priceless.
 We get to travel to an exotic destination to be with said most beautiful woman.
We can eventually email webcam telephone chat to our hearts content for minimum cost after initial set up.
Once married we find ourselves hitched to the most romantic sexy beautiful well organized keeper of our health and heart and soul, that most other people can only dream of.

Now the negatives of doing it the old way:
We get to deal with the western female attitude and way of doing things.
We get the entire previous lifes baggage to tote around.
She isnt necessarily concerned with her own health and heart and mind after marriage let alone yours.
The financial costs are gonna kill you come divorce time
Generally speaking and this totally depends on the age and mindset of herself romance sex beauty and frugality just caught the fast train outa your life.

So in summation we the few, the proud, the Brotherhood , have managed to let ourselves into quite possibly the best remaining years of our or anyone elses life.
We will hopefully all marry one of these stunningly beautiful angels from the  east and be pampered and catered to and forced to live healthy so we can live longer.
Possible the best sex we have ever had in our lives( just speculation depending on your past history).
And of course total and everlasting love honour respect and devotion for life from said angel.  
And what really does it cost us?  All they want from us is to be treated with love honour and respect, to provide a safe home  for the family and stable finances.
Personally I pick the Eastern Angel over the Western Harpy hands down and twice on Sunday.

Yea I know mr romantic again hehe but hey thats who I am.

Regards all

Brian Mc

PS just so you guys know I spent 20 years with my ex and most of the above is not true for her so your mileage may vary.  The only things missing from that marriage was the love and affection and at the end the sex, but that was just my life.   I am a very romantic guy and I cannot and will not live without love and affection both given and received in my life.

Offline Hajo

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 11:27:34 pm »
My trip is going to be a cheap one I guess.

Paid €1000 for the airfare
Passport/visa around €300

Staying at my ladies home from day one. No big wedding, she only family she has left, are 2 elder sisters. We decided we will not need wedding-rings. We are going to spend honeymoon in Beijing (she lives in Urumqi). She paid for the plane tickets. Hotel will be between 170 and 200 RMB per night. She arranges the hotel. Beside that, there will be meals and some sightseeing.

She stayed in Beijing for last weekend and paid 169 RMB per night. She had almost everything in the room, TV, aircondition, big bed, bathroom, Internet. But no refridgerator. Such a hotelroom will be fine for me :icon_cheesygrin: So, all together maybe €800 - €1000 the Beijing trip.

She does not want me to spent to much money. I might have to ask what I may buy, hehe! And if everything goes well with her visa, there will be the costs for her airfare to Denmark, might be €800 - €1000.

Including EMF's I would say it will end up close to €4000! That might be the cheapest achieved so far :angel:  But she is a very special woman! :heart:
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline maxx

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 11:40:27 pm »
Good Job Hajo.Have a good safe trip.Beijing is a great place to Check out.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 02:43:23 pm »
OMG.

I didn't look really "more" at this thread before...
But I would say that love has no price.

For most of us, there is no way to compare, because :
- we're not all from the same country
- our incomes aren't the same, too

I know that I've sent flowers to a certain lady, twice, in less than 6 months. I've also offered some chocolates from the airport (Belgium) for her and her family, and a perfume too, but that's all.
I also paid the bills in restaurants, there, and taxi (three times), that's all.
I think anyway that, once there, we still can't compare our "way to show our love to our ladies" because there are too many things that can change between all our relationships.

I would also say that flowers, perfumes, chocolates... mean "nothing", or just a bit of love, but are most associated to "provisory" gifts. we also choose to offer it and to buy it but we're not forced to do it. So, that's a reason why I say we can't really compare for our different relationships :)

But flying to China twice, three times in a year, I think that better means the cost of love.

The "only problem", I would say, however, in love, is that there is never any limit to its cost. Because we never know when we will end buying anything, except when :
- it's over
- one of the lovers is gone
- the bank is on the "Red Alert" mode about you :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:45:24 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 05:58:15 pm »
My thought on this is that there is No Price to Great for the price of Love.
Good job Hojo, just remember treat her right or she can make life just as hard as it can be easy, Hehe.
Best wishes for you and your wife.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

David5o

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2009, 05:23:33 pm »
My thought on this is that there is No Price to Great for the price of Love.

Nice words, Great words even, ....Then that Bloody ''Reality'' checks in again!!

David.....

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 05:56:54 pm »
Yeah, I know but it is nice until then right, thats when the bills roll in and you realize you went over your budgit by a couple hundred $, Euros, or RMB. :icon_cheesygrin:

no wait that would be a couple thousand RMB

Oh and the words " No Price to Great " is the title of a book a friend wrote, its about thier time from meeting to her and her daughter coming to the States from China
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:00:50 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

David5o

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 07:04:03 pm »
Yeah!!  ......It's a real bummer when those bills start pouring in. hahaha!!
                 But once paid off, you can start all over again!!......

David.....

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2009, 09:26:44 am »
Actually, i'm just saying myself that I will fly to Shanghai in a few weeks with approximatively 10 000 rmb for 2 weeks... because I did not save enough since Chongqing...
Well...
should I try to hold up a bank? :D
- Let's Rock -

Vince G

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2009, 12:56:23 pm »
Sly just don't plan on robbing the SPM Banque De France. I'm doing that one soon. :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Chong

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2009, 07:52:56 am »
Just came back ... spent 56 days ... ( all figures Canadian )

$ 1,670 - airfare
$ 1,340 - Hotel ( $ 24 per night )
$    260 - gifts for home
$    700 - mostly food, I treated 90% of times ( $ 12 per day )
$    100 - train ticket, bus ticket, taxis
$    150 - misc

If I ate alone, I could survive on $ 3-5 per day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:00:09 am by Chong »