Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 5724 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
RE: Moderators
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2010, 02:09:45 am »
Quote from: 'rockycoon' pid='38328' dateline='1273470263'

And speaking of presidents who were actors, yes they do get elected....ever heard of Ronald Regan (the cowboy)...

Heard of Ronald Regan the president who could not remember if he was still acting or not when running the world!!!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline maxx

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2010, 02:11:45 am »
Willy yes on more then one occasion.That is what made him such agreat president.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2010, 02:22:24 am »
Quote from: 'maxx' pid='38333' dateline='1273471905'

Willy yes on more then one occasion.That is what made him such agreat president.

Not getting Political but my favourite of all was Bill Clinton.  

Away from the public eye he was always a nice pleasant man who always had time of the day for a few words.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 02:27:45 am »
Not trying to be rude here, but this has veered way off topic

• Board Moderator
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 03:29:19 am »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='38339' dateline='1273472865'

Not trying to be rude here, but this has veered way off topic

Don't blame me blame Maxx he gave the last reply:angel::angel:

Just remind me what was your topic Rob?   Was it something to do with mods?

Willy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:30:32 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 05:53:10 am »
hehe you guys are mad....And thanks for your contribution
Willy I dont mind about the thread being hijacked mate.

The original posting was done, not for racist reason, but because I noticed about the majority of Americans. And Im sorry if anyone took offence it was not meant that way.

I did not look and think Im gonna start trouble here, I looked and thought, you know what, sometimes those 'Yanks' just dont get our humour.

When I mentioned about 2 mods, this is not a personal attack, I just felt that Paul Tod's contribution was more informed.  There are things that happen behind the scenes that 'us' minnions dont know about, as maxx mentioned. And you mods do a great job.

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 09:17:27 am »
You did not start it for racist reasons!!!   I thought that you started it as a platform for us to enjoy ourselves.  I did not realise that it was intended as a serious thread.:icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:  What ever serious came came out of Scotland, Other than Gordon Brown and maybe Sean Connery of course, and maybe Queen Victorias gamekeeper, and Rob Roy McGregor  and then there were the clans, Mc Martins from Ayrshire or was that Hairshear!  Then of course rocky's crossing point  'The Bridge of Don,  Then we must not forget the two mega rich brothers Mac and Mac, no as there are two it must be Macs or is it Maxx amillion dollars.

Oh well there is always the lovable Scottish_Rob, the Brigand of Barrow or the Laird of the the Lakes to give him his full title.

Well he is only lovable as long as his permission to hijack his thread lasts. :angel:

Anyone else have any nominations of members to be in Scottish Clans?

Willy
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 09:19:52 am by Willy The Londoner »
Willy The Lpndoner

ttwjr32

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 10:41:06 am »
nixon was the start of the opening up of china 1972

Willy----- are you refering to my size????

Rhonald--- i will take both (jerky,shirt) Willy just needs a chunk of coal

and as far as the shirts go i guess no more posting of pics here since the
shirts seem to bother everyone of the girly men here who have a problem
with their manhood  lol!!!!!!

and if the shirts are bad for you guys i guess the pics in the boxer shorts
will be out of the question????
and back on topic--- the mods here do well and i am excluding myself
                             its just one of lifes injustices----------------

1--- everything doesnt go your way
                             2--- cant pick your own relatives

i think we beat this horse dead everyone was heard or the ones that had an
 issue and now lets get on track and post some good topics on whats happening
 in China and with any people going thru immigration their new developments
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 10:52:31 am by ttwjr32 »

rockycoon

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 11:11:12 am »
We have all had fun on this one.  However, the thought of Willy in Boxers...OMG
If you do that, next thing you know, every one would be posting
pic's of themselves posing in speedo's.

And this used to be such a religious forum...hhmmm...LOL
:angel::angel::angel::icon_cheesygrin:
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:20:43 am by rockycoon »

David5o

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2010, 11:40:01 am »

Chong,

CHONG POSTED... Lets take a look at (for example) the offending post/picture by david5o, that was deleted. I am sure that this forum is male dominated. So we as members can expect to see some sort of pictures like the one posted. I never saw it or commented on the said picture when it was posted, but I did see it, and thought it was very funny.

David5o post almost everyday on that thread. This was the first time I deleted something [ a 1/2 nudie pic showing large hanging breasts ] from him on that thread ... with a personal PM explanation to him. Is it really important to have a knot in your underwear(s) over this ???

Why are you and the other Mods (if in agreement)  Worried about  non-registered Chinese ladies coming to this site being offended or not?? ....They are not members, and therefore beyond your and anybody elses responsibility!!!

This is one of the reasons why Bros here should not tell there ladies to come visiting. When i wrote/posted about my concerns regarding these ladies visiting this Forum, i didn't foresee that Mods were going to start deleting posts, based solely on Chinese lady readers being offended!!!!  So now we have another reason why Bros should not invite there ladies to this site....

This is a ''Male'' Forum and any lady, Chinese or otherwise, and registered or otherwise, that visits this site has to accept that fact!!! My post was in the ''Just For a Laugh'' thread which means, a ''humorous content'', and not to be taken seriously. Any male reading the deleted post would of had a chuckle to himself, and forgot about it. Another point is, ...contrary to what you say above, i've posted far more explicit photo's of women in the same thread, none to my knowledge have been deleted in the past and certainly not for the reason you have given!!!

Personally, i have no thoughts on preference for who becomes a Mod, only that they should be fair, open minded, and have enough life experience/commonsense to know if something that has been written was intended to be flaming, offencive, racist, .....or Not!!!
I do know however from past personal experience, that being a Mod on a Forum can be a time consuming task, and not for everyone, ....not by any stretch of the imagination!!!

On a final note, i want to reiterate that this Forum, is for ''MEN'' Seeking Chinese brides and NOT for passing Chinese ladies, (girlfriends, fiance's, wifes etc) I think Everyone here should remember that ...Members and Mods....

David.....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 07:44:25 pm by David5o »

ttwjr32

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2010, 01:00:11 pm »
you know i personally agree with this as to why people have had or did invite there ladies here is beyond me.
there is nothing wrong with guys talking about what they are encountering and giving advice good or bad to
others and if your wife or girlfreind needs to see everything you do then that is just ludicrous. BUT and i say BUT
IT HAS HAPPENED and there is nothing we can do about that now. i saw the picture and really didnt think it was
funny nor did i think it needed to be here but that is my opinion. i dont think nudity needs to be here whether in
humor or just as is. and i think that was the reason for the deletion of the pic.

as far as the women here if what you post is not in any way to hurt anyone then why worry what she sees???
they are here and will be so lets quit beating this dead horse to death about the women being on the site just
post as before they were as it wasnt to hurt anyone and sometimes was meant to get the light on

David5o

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2010, 02:30:39 pm »
Ted,

You have completely missed the point... Those guy's are NOT going to post as they did before if they know whatever they write is going to be seen by there girlfriends, ladies, or whatever!!!!  If your thinking it will all simply go back to as it was, ....your very much mistaken!!!

You don't have to like or dislike the jokes, and if your prudish to the point of not liking to see any form of nudity in life, then as you say that's just your opinion. To most men, ...you just take it or leave it. As i said above, most guys will have forgotten all about it in the time it took to change threads. There was absolutly nothing in that post to cause offense to anyone!!!

...What we (the Mods) shouldn't be doing, is pandering to these ladies visiting this site as in guest guise, or to the one or two Registered members here ''Assuming'' rightly or wrongly that they may or might be offended!!!!

David......

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2010, 03:41:02 pm »
David you have very valid points. Although of a different age group, I was surprised when I found out that the Boy Scouts became "The Scouts" open to both girls and boys. It did a dis-service to young maturing boys as I believe both boys and adult men need a private space time to time, to just shoot the breeze without worries of what the fairer sex will think. Well that is kind of what this form feels like - our own social club.

After all, women have their own idiosyncrasies; they travel in packs to the water closet, so why can't we have our own space away from prying eyes? Maybe we are still just suffering from bad childhood memories cringing when little Miss Caught-our-fancy turned up her nose to our antics :s
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:47:31 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2010, 06:43:03 pm »
On the MOD Squad issue:

As a group we tend to vote in, or promote, or select those who are similar in looks, thoughts, and actions as those already in control.  To be quite honest, I did not even know or notice the changes in MOD duties, until this thread appeared.  So my observations skills are a bit lacking.  Don’t tell my patients as I think they expect more from their nurse.  
My issue is that this forum has done its best to become vanilla ice cream.  It is trying to become everything to everybody on every issue.  Diverse opinions are met with quick and strong response and the ban threat is always put out there.  I chose to join this forum and discussion because it was and still is the best I have found that deals with the issue of dating, marrying, and life with a Chinese wife.  
While I did not and do not agree with the majority of China Mike’s comments, and those most recent comments from Brett, I do think it is necessary to have discussion and different views on the subjects.  I am not easily swayed in my opinion and I am certainly not offended when someone puts forth an idea or comment that is way out the mainstream thinking, or different than my own.  
While vanilla ice cream is good, it tends to get old and stale if that is all that is served.  I for one would like more variety in the conversations and see if we can again get this forum rocking with a variety of ideas.  Not that it is not good to hear the color of Ted’s shirts, but really, is that the basis of this forum now?  
I am very thankful for those who put forth the effort to put this forum together and keep in going.  As a Monday morning quarterback, it is easy to pick and complain, and that is not my intent.  I believe that I was very successful with XiuRu because of what I learned and chose not to learn from this post.  I hope that we can move forward together to a new level and keep the conversations real and relevant.  

Buzz

David5o

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2010, 07:38:37 pm »
Martin,

Just a couple of points on your reply to Rob,

As i've stated, i have no problem with whoever is chosen and agreed to be a Mod here. But as stated in point #2, you cannot say that those Mods of German decent are European. Not when they have obviously spent the vast majority of there lives living in North America, ....They are no longer German now, and will have little to no knowledge of thinking as a European would. They are now ''American''... I'm sure if you ask David E if he considered himself Welsh or Australian, he would have to say I'm an Aussie!!!

As for notification of any Mod changes, ...Now that is just a common courtesy to the membership of any privately run Forum, and is conducted so, by virtually every privately run Forum  that i have experience of and probably most of the others too .  Why would you think it's up to the members to contact you when they see a change, when a simple posting from you will inform all??  We can see who are the current Mods, but who has replaced who??
It's customary to thank the outgoing Mod on his contributions to the Forum, and welcoming the incoming Mod. Again, it's just a common courtesy to all....

Anyway you asked, so i thought it appropriate to explain.....

David