Author Topic: Trip Two Shaoguan  (Read 8247 times)

shaun

Trip Two Shaoguan
« on: June 01, 2010, 09:00:44 pm »
Shaoguan, dare I say it, the Epic Tale

You heard it here first.  I just purchased a ticket to China again.  At first you couldn't get me to go, now you can't keep me away.  Haha.

I fly out Wednesday June 9th and will leave July 7 just in time for my son's Graduation, I guess that is what you call it, from the Air Force bootcamp in San Antonio, Texas, then home on the 11th.  That will give me 28 days to recuperate before school starts again.

Last night the tickets came down to $1650.00 and I am thinking lower, lower.  I got up this morning and the best price I could find was $2995.00.  So I am freaking out, I call Peggy and tell her, she is not happy, I should have applied the 24 hour rule.  So finally I tell her that I will continue to check prices until Monday, the actual day I want to leave.  She tells me she will give me until Thursday, yup the day after tomorrow, then she will go to Shaoguan and find a place to live for us.

I had a 9:00am appointment so we finished talking and I left.  When  I got home and turned my computer on her sister was there waiting for me to sign on.  Questions, questions, questions... and the ultimate.  Are you going to China this summer?  So I said yes I want to but give me two days to sort this out.  She said OK.

I eat lunch and take a nap.  I needed to calm down and sort this out.  When I woke up I called my school office and talked about my return for next year.  I have to take a mandatory class every year before school starts.  It is the kool-aid of the school system and the state or Georgia.  It is all propaganda with a little of useful information mixed in.  They give me alternate meetings in differing parts of the state.  If I go in July I will have to cut my trip short by 1 week.  This is unacceptable for the goals I have set for this trip.  So then it is back to next week.

Bottom line is that I found a trip where I go from Augusta on Wednesday to Hong Kong.  I return to San Antonio on July 7 and back to Augusta on the 11th.  All for $1699.00.  So I figure the China trip is costing me $1299.00 to $1399.00.

We will spend 2 nights in Hong Kong together and go to Disneyland.  She has never been to an amusement park before.  She is excited about it. Then we go to Guangzhou from there.  We will spend two or three days there and then go to Shaoguan for the duration.  I think.

I am so excited about this.  Watch for further updates.  I might actually take pictures of scenery this time.  I mean other than Peggy which isn't bad scenery to look at.

Shaun
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 06:07:07 pm by shaun »

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
Re: Trip Two Shaoguan
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 09:39:11 pm »
I wish you the best of time on this trip Shaun, I can  feel the bubbling of excitement from your post. Ah...to be young and in Love again  ;D
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 11:04:42 pm »
Shaun, sorry we won't get to catch up in Shenzhen you will be back home before I even get there.  Anyway mate have a great trip. Jason
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.

shaun

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:23:23 pm »
Sorry Jason.  That was the way the airplane ticket and my office crumbled.  I was taking the later trip then the office said you must come back a week early.  With the economy the way it is I decided to agree with them.  I'm 5 years away from retiring.  I'll play their game a little while.

Shaun

Offline Ricky

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 03:28:42 am »
congrats man, I am quite envious :)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 03:57:46 am »
Have a great trip Shaun , but remember to keep the blinkers on , or a very dark pair of sunglasses , enjoy Honkers , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:15:34 am »
Somebody better put the natives of GZ on Hawaiian shirt alert!
Best of luck Shaun, I'm sure you will have another wonderful trip.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline daghoi

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 07:32:16 am »

Have a great trip !

Wish it was me going again  8)

shaun

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 07:35:27 am »
Thanks guys.  I am excited.  Peggy and I talked for 3 hours about the trip.  Now it is fast and furious trying to get ready.  Funny note.  Back in April she told me that I did not dress very well.  Jeans and flowery shirts.  Hmmm....   So last night she asked to go through my closet on the internet.  I played along.  She picked my clothes to bring this trip.  She allowed 2 flowery shirts and 2 polos.  But she is having me bring 6 button down collar business like shirts.  6 pairs of slacks and 1 pair of jeans.  I asked her why?  Because she wants me looking like a professional business man to her friends.  I asked her if she would tell me what I will wear every day?  Yes.  I bet I haven't been told what to wear in 46 years.  I see this as an opportunity to mess with her a lot.  I hope she can take a joke.  Well she can but this will be a lot more intense.  Hehe.

daghoi?  you just got back?   got it bad I see!!!!

Offline daghoi

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 08:02:03 am »

Yupp, bad as you can have it  :)

My girlfriend told me that how the husband dressed was the wife’s responsibility. So when I did not dress properly it was she that was looked down on, not me !
One of the last evening I let her have a look through what I had brought and let her have her pick. At least it was fun for one night, not sure if it is fun on the long run.

At least i will bring more "nicer" clothes next time.

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »
Every time someone says they are going back to China or going for the first time I get super jealous, lol!  Shaun have a great second trip, have fun playing dress up lmfao.  I was told I took too much with me, haha.  FyI ebay has the Chinese flag cuff links.  I purchased me a pair.  Dont know if it will score brownie points though.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

shaun

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 09:57:44 pm »
Thanks Josh.  Glad to see you back again.  Hmmm... Never thought about Chinese flag cuff links.  I will be working on a logo soon.  I wonder if I could get it on cuff links too?

Arnold

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 01:53:30 pm »
Now you Guy's have me thinking ??? Does Qing like the way I dress now or before on my Trips . I like to be comfortable , especially when it's Hot and Humit . She either is ok with it or she is the nice Wife and say's nothing .. for now . haha
I have noticed , now with the weather getting warmer .. she NEEDS summer slipper's . Yes , the ones she wears in the Winter are not good for now .  ??? I also found out living with her , she has clothes for everything .. the house , the yard , for walking , shopping ect. ect.  I do hear alot .. I can't wear this for that . Here I'm wearing no more than three set's of shoes ( not counting the dress-up shoes ) and Jeans -Jeans and Tee's year-around . But all is good , she does dress nice all the time . Lucky for me , it all stops at Bed time . ;D

Shaun , I know it is still early .. but you have yourself a wonderful/safe Trip .

shaun

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 04:17:30 pm »
Thanks Arnold.   Peggy has me packing for every occasion; comfort to business.  She too has different dress for different places.  She comes home and changes.  So far all I know about it 2 different occasions.  Well, 3 if you consider night time.  But Peggy tells me what looks good and does not on me.  If I wear a shirt she does not like on the web cam she will kindly remind me so now when I sign on I tell her I am wearing her favorite shirt and she gives me my favorite pouting look.  I love that shirt... now!!!

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 05:39:08 pm »
Ahhh .. the things we learn ? Thanks to these lovely Women .