Author Topic: Fruit and veg  (Read 5400 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Fruit and veg
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 01:06:40 am »
I did the same thing Shaun.  I brushed my teeth with tap water and so did Nina.  That was mostly in Zhongshan mind you, smaller cities would probably be a different story. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

ttwjr32

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 07:42:01 pm »
my wife washes the vegetables with tap water also. but first she lets them soak for a little while then she washes them.

i have always brushed my teeth with the use of tap water and never have i gotten sick  ::)

shaun

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 07:57:36 pm »
Seems like someone recommended that you used bottle water when brushing teeth.  I had no ill effect so next time I'll use tap water.

You know come to think of it I think someone suggested eating yogurt every day and yet someone else suggested that you put WD-40 on your skin.   Hmmm......    :o Oh wait!!!  That was me...    Never mind.

ttwjr32

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 09:47:23 pm »
i think everyone says to use bottled water for brushing but ive had no ill effects with tap and
still have all my teeth

Arnold

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 11:17:28 am »
Guy's , only one way to be obsolutely sure .. is brush your Teeth before your Trip there and then again when coming back .
Washing Veggis at my In-Laws house , as I observed is always done with boiled water that is saved in big Bowl on side of Sink . They use Tab only for washing hands and showering of course .

ttwjr32

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 12:05:30 pm »
that would be a long time inbetween brushings though :o

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 05:08:52 pm »
Bring lots of chewing gum then. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

shaun

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 06:39:59 pm »
Naa...  Just leave your teeth at home and you don't have a reason to brush.

ttwjr32

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 04:23:03 am »
well lets see will be 54,  dont use pills, have all my teeth, and have all my hair, so far so good :o

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 09:42:38 am »
Guy's , only one way to be obsolutely sure .. is brush your Teeth before your Trip there and then again when coming back .
Washing Veggis at my In-Laws house , as I observed is always done with boiled water that is saved in big Bowl on side of Sink . They use Tab only for washing hands and showering of course .
I hope my wife gets a visa soon so I can start brushing my own teeth again. She washes them brushes them rinses them off then dries them real good. Pop them back in never have gotten sick.
Jimmy Henson

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 12:11:08 pm »
Before I departed for Nanning (Southern China) my local health department warned about only drinking bottled water and to brush my teeth with it also. They also said I should only eat at the hotel's or established restaurants.
Well it was so hot in Nanning(right by Vietnam)-I drank any and all water offered-brushed my teeth with tap water-Ate rat, bat, snake. some small bird (do not know) and probably some disgusting things as well, from street vendors and back alley eateries. I did not get diarrhea until I reached Southern Los Angeles where I ate a undercooked hamburger :o
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Arnold

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 05:23:39 pm »
I only got Diarrhea ones on my four Trips . I don't know what caused it , but as hard it is to find a Public WC when your Sightseeing and when one does it's a darn Squat Toilet . This was my first incounter with one of those and having the " get me to one now " is no fun . Quite embarrassing with NO practise . So I missed a little !  ??? But again , I also ate from the Mom and Pop eateries , brushed teeth with facet water on all Trips . It must of been some Western Restaurant where it happened ?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 05:26:19 pm by Arnold »

Offline JamesM.Roberts

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 05:49:26 pm »
I would say it had to be the western restaurant Arnold -it seemed I was in better health in China than in the States (I think we eat to much meat here in the States) at least I do.
 The rice,noodles, fruit, and vegetables with every meal made me feel better than I have in years,and the fact that Ping would feed me or at least keep filling my plate up was a real ego boost as well.
As far as the squat toilets were concerned-I never defecated in one, it was hard enough just trying to squat when I urinated in them ;D just kept peeing on the wall watching it roll back into the toilet ;)
Anyone can pick up an apple off the ground, but the sweeter ones take a little work to get to!!

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »
I have type 2 diabetes. At one point I was taking 6 different pills and 2 shots of insulin everyday. I lost 120 pounds and no longer needed the shots and a couple of the pills. And now since moving to China I take only 1 tiny pill everyday and the blood sugar is perfect.  My doc says it is purely the food I eat here is so much better for the body.
But now the water I have not actually just drank a big glass full from the tap but I am not as cautious as many and have never gotten sick from it. Everyone is different some have a little more delicate system than others.  And in different parts of the country the water is worse than others. A lot of factors can be involved.
Jimmy Henson

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 10:53:33 am »
Well I was told that the water here in Zhucheng is ok to drink and use...HOWEVER, I will still be using bottled water when needing to brush my teeth or drink !!!