Author Topic: A Chinese take on the Baseball Metaphore  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
A Chinese take on the Baseball Metaphore
« on: July 25, 2010, 01:04:28 am »
http://www.sinosplice.com/life/archives/2010/05/25/a-chinese-take-on-the-baseball-metaphor-for-sex-and-dating

I found this on Crystal's site in one of her posts.  I found it interesting.  It links to a funny cartoon as well:

...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
Re: A Chinese take on the Baseball Metaphore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 04:44:31 am »
I like baseball.
Jimmy Henson

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 09:38:31 am »
They made it all complicated? And third base has changed?

ttwjr32

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 09:08:17 pm »
looks like it has changed

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 09:30:30 pm »
 :o  :P  :-\  ;D  ;)  ::)

LOL, ok choked on coffee, carry on LOL.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 01:36:10 am »
I cant believe I missed this, that is to funny.  Man If this was the baseball metaphor when I was growing up I think I would have quit playing.  Anal sex, foul ball?  Crazy
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline David S

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 05:12:38 am »
they forgot:

"no condom"  Infield fly rule in effect, Batter OUT.

Old boyfriend calls in middle of date, wants to patch things up.  --> advancing runner passes base runner ahead of him, runner out.

Father meets you at the door with an unpleasant disposition. --> Arguing with umpire, player ejected.

Bring girl home to find that while you were out the parents had to go out of town for a sick relative, you have the house to yourself for the weekend.  --> After video review by the umpire, play has been declared a home run, all runners advance to home plate.

After a stern talking to by the father, when you get your date to the car she says she is so upset with him for some reason and she just wants to do something wild to spite him.  --> BALK! Runners advance.

After spilling wine on you she wants to make up for it by giving you a kiss. --> Hit by pitch, batsman advances to first base.

She gets up from dinner suddenly to go to the ladies room, she comes back and announces her period has started.  --->  Rain delay, game postponed to a later date.

After she sees another couple that seems to be more romantic then you she chill's --> Fan interference.

Her father is reading you the rule book, when the mother comes out and tells him to relax and for you kids to go out and have fun.  ---> Manager ejected, batting coach manages remainder of game.

She cancels the date because she has to go out of town for her class reunion.  -->  All Star Break,  Play resumes later.

She thinks you'd be a better match for one of her ugly or fat friends.  --> Traded for a minor league player to be named later.

You get no where with her, but when you bring her home one of her promiscuous friends is at her house and needs a ride home because her car broke down.  --> Split double header.

After a hot and heavy date with lots of scoring, you call later and she announces it would be best to be just friends.  --> Post game press conference management announces you have been traded to the visiting teem.

After several dates with no significant advancement she tells you she is getting back together with her old boyfriend.  -->  Rule five draft in effect, player goes back to original team.

After several dates that conclude in MIND blowing sex, she announces she wants her hot friend to join in next time.  --> Player gets contract extension with $25 Million signing bonus.

A girl you have the hots for calls you late one evening because her boyfriend is out of town for several days, but she's feeling so frisky she just needs someone she knows she can trust to be there for her.  --> Called up from minor leagues, Home team slugger placed on 15 day disabled list.  Player knows this is just temporary, but if he performs well he may get called up again soon for a long term assignment.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 01:29:49 pm »
Who's on first?

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 02:38:25 pm »
Not me
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 03:28:22 pm »
Goofè Dean. Well, let's see, we have on the bags, Who's on first, What's on second, I Don't Know is on third...
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline David S

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 05:59:10 pm »
Chan Hu is on first?  Hwat is on second and Hi DunNo is on third?  (Chinese Baseball Players?)

For those who can access Youtube...

Bush and Condi - The new president of China
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:25:34 pm by David S »