Author Topic: Upcoming Chinese Autumn Holidays  (Read 5109 times)

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Upcoming Chinese Autumn Holidays
« on: July 28, 2010, 11:59:58 pm »
The holidays this Autumn are close together :-

1) Mid-Autumn Festival (Moon Festival)  – Observed from September 22nd-24th, three days. Resulting adjustment is that June 19th (Sunday) and 25th (Saturday) are work days.

2)  National Day Festival (61 years from the start of the Cultural Revolution) – Observed from October 1st-7th, seven days. Resulting adjustment is that September 26th (Sunday) and 9th (Saturday) are work days.

As a result of these holidays workers will have to work some extra days at the weekend to make up for lost time. The picture below shows it nicely  ( H=Holiday, W=Workday ).

Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
Re: Upcoming Chinese Autumn Holidays
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08:40 am »
For those members here that haven't been to China before during a festival time, what this means is that every train and bus between cities is going to be mega jammed at the start and finish of each festival so keep this in mind when making plans.
Also, many of the agencies will be closed during these holidays so if you send letters off to your girl she may not get them or be able to reply to one she already received.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

ttwjr32

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 12:27:11 am »
also keep in mind that a lot of the really good restuarants will be booked up as many people
celebrate with food and drink

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 10:50:51 pm »
Chinese New Year 2011 is on February 3rd - the year of the Rabbit.

At least the rabbit may have better fortune than the German Shepherd dog in China.  Me and Ted saw the Fur skin of oneGerman shepherd complete with busy tail for sale by a street vendor in GZ.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline mustfocus

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 04:46:16 am »
Not sure about China, but they've started putting out the mooncake displays in the chinese supermarkets and in Costco...

Now waiting for Ikea to put out the Christmas displays (They've started as early as August in some years)...
梦醒时分 - Meng Xing Shi Fen

ttwjr32

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 06:02:21 am »
have started to see the moon cake displays out in some stores in Guangzhou already this past week

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 09:20:11 am »
FOR EVERYBODY'S INFORMATION , I HAVE JUST NOTICED THAT THE 16 th OF AUGUST IS DAY THAT COUPLES IN CHINA/ JAPAN AND KOREA CELEBRATE VALENTINES DAY . THIS CAME THROUGH ON MY EXPO PAGES AS THEY ARE HAVING A LARGE WEDDING PARTY HAPPENING AT THE EXPO , regards Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 09:54:42 am »
I was just about to mention that, thanks Robert.  August 16 is Chinese Valentines day.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 07:18:49 pm »
Happy Valentines day to All the lady members, single and married... :D

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 03:43:15 am »
I think I was lucky to get a cheap flight that returns to China on 22nd September.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline zook144

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 11:17:06 pm »
Guys, I have not been on here much for awhile. But I have not been idle in looking for someone. I have been talking to a lady for a few months and of course, she wants me to visit her. The only time I have is during their National Holiday starting October 1. Other than that, I will probably have to wait until next year.  I am afraid it would be an absolute mess to travel to China at this time, but her and 2 translators I know (they have nothing to do with the lady I am talking to) say it will not be too bad. Could someone that has been there at this time or lives there, give me a little perspective on the situation. I have heard there are people everywhere.  ;D  (More than usual)
Thanks,
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline auburnkp

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 12:47:16 am »
Hi Don,
I have been to China during the National Day and it does get crowded in popular cities. Everyone wants to go visit fun cities and play. The trains are the ones that are really packed as many want to go the cheapest way. Flying is still the best way of getting around, but the prices are higher due to demand. I would still go if you can because of the experience. Plus, you would have to wait until next year to see your girl.
AuburnKP

ttwjr32

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:42:50 am »
Don,

if i were you i would go visit. its a good tme of year here for celebration and everyone is festive and happy.
travel is a little crowded but then again it is all the time anyway here. traffic gets more horrendous on holidays
and more people out in the streets. many little shops are closed for the holiday. but i think you would enjoy
being here that time. what city will you go to?

Offline zook144

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2010, 06:24:45 am »
Don,

what city will you go to?

Thanks. Ted, If I go, I will be going to Anshan. So I guess I will be flying through Shenyang again. But the prices are outragious right now. IMO  I can fly into Beijing for about $800, but on to Shenyang is like $1300 to $1500. This is from the states. So I am still thinking about it. Have to decide soon, I guess. It's not far away.
Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Jason B

• Xia and Laura the most beautiful girls in the world
  • Xia - guardian of my heart.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 06:28:36 am »
It is now official, my second trip up to see Xia will commence on 22 Sep but only for 5 days this time.  We are going to stay in Hong Kong that night and enjoy the Moon festival from there.  Then onto Shenzhen and home for a couple of days and then back to Sydney.
I WILL have my revenge for having to be clean shaven......once I learn how to tame my Dragon.