Author Topic: QQ  (Read 7994 times)

Offline zook144

RE: QQ
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 09:18:44 pm »
Quote from: 'Wilfred Motosue' pid='6044' dateline='1245447164'

Quote from: 'zook144' pid='5946' dateline='1245344532'

I downloaded the 2009 english beta version of QQ. I could not find the exact site I downloaded it from, but it works great.
The lady I am talking with wouldn't use anything else, so I had to use it.  Not much different from yahoo in my humble opinion.
The video screens are a little different, but really is clearer than when I use yahoo.
Don

zook144
When I try to get an ID , it's always busy and say to "try again" . I've tried many, many times. How did you get yours please? Thanks.

try this, it's where I signed up  http://signup.qq.com/

Don
The Journey Is The Destination

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 08:36:05 pm »
I love qq.  I have met alot of cool people.  Mostly women though.  But they are fun to talk to.  I have made friends from all over.  I have now got a tour guide in about 16 cities.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 01:02:37 pm »
Ok, Here goes. I have had a problem with QQ. At my office I have windstream as an isp.  On my laptop I can hear and see her.  I go home and cannot hear her. I tried different computers, different settings.  Every time it would work on the test then the minute I connect to her bam it is gone.  Gone direct and gone through a router, different Operating systems. All programs up to date.  The strangest part is sometimes it would work then it wouldn't. It worked initially for about 3 months.  I talked to her in the AM, that afternoon I tried again, not having touched the computer in between, then it didnt work. Dinger has tried to help me. We thought we had it working then nope.  It has been driving me crazy.  Finally I went to my ISP, optilink.  Sent a message to their help desk.  They said i need a static IP.  They would give me one for free.  They said to pop that in my router and it would definitely work.  I haven tried it yet as she is in Wuhan getting things organized for our wedding.  I will let you know though so anyone else having that problem would know what to do instead of racking their brain for about a month.

I have also tried to get my daughter set up and the registration said the same thing, system busy try again later.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:03:27 pm by JimB »
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »
Jim,
 Just a thought but I've seen the sound check box uncheck itself while on a call with my wife. I recheck it and sometimes it'l uncheck again after a minute or two. I think it has to do with how little noise is on my end but that's only a guess. I just keep rechecking the button and the sound comes back at full and slowly fades. Hasnt happend lately but that's what's happened to me before.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Martin

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 10:50:25 pm »
Quote from: 'Ed Watson' pid='6365' dateline='1245805825'

Jim,
 Just a thought but I've seen the sound check box uncheck itself while on a call with my wife. I recheck it and sometimes it'l uncheck again after a minute or two. I think it has to do with how little noise is on my end but that's only a guess. I just keep rechecking the button and the sound comes back at full and slowly fades. Hasnt happend lately but that's what's happened to me before.

Ed...this happens to me too...exactly as you described it.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 11:40:12 am »
Got a static IP from Optilink.  Fixed the problem right up.  Talked to their tech.  he said it was a problem with a switch. Dynamic IP's go through a different set of switches and routers than static IP's do.  So they have a problem with one of their switches. So the easy fix was the static IP.  Which is fine with me as I do not have to pay extra for it and it will save me some money as I can host my own web site.
Vince as I thought the firewall would be a continuous problem not an intermittent one.  That is why the switch. When it worked it would bypass that switch.  Alll of their dynamic IP's go through the same firewall.  Static also goes through a different set of firewalls.  I didnt ask them why, dont really care.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 05:03:14 pm »
http://mobile.qq.com/ for mobile devices, too :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:06:52 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline Tiztom

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 11:54:13 pm »
I downloaded this QQ thing last night, be interesting to see if it works in Aus, she asked if I have MSN which I do but figured this may be easier for her......see what happens & if she calls me today as I emailed my ID & user name. I guess that's one good thing about being in the same time zone....no late night or early morning contact:icon_biggrin:

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 01:30:53 pm »
This is a a hard to DL file! The original site posted isn't there and the official site takes forever.

Offline Tiztom

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 02:12:00 pm »
I have no problem with it whatsoever, only annoying thing is the knocking when someone signs in that you've had contact with, I thought they were actually trying to call me till I figured it out...........Some nice single ladies on there too, met about 10 in the week I've been on there.:icon_biggrin:

Offline Oiler1

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 03:04:55 pm »
Finally I got it!
How do I search for pertinent Chinese groups? I know how to search but what do I use as a search criteria?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 03:45:18 pm by Oiler1 »

Offline Philip

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 05:59:00 pm »
I have just got an iphone and installed QQ mobile on it, along with some translation applications.
The good news is that with the latest version of the iphone operating system, 3.0, you can cut and paste in those applications that have been updated, so I can copy from the translation app. and paste into a QQ message. The bad news is I can't copy from the QQ messages I receive, I guess because QQ mobile hasn't been updated (yet), so I have to try and work out what the characters mean. Slow isn't the word.
But at least I will be able to send and receive messages in places where I have no internet.
If anyone has had more success than me with copying and pasting received messages, I would be very grateful
Alex

Offline zook144

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 07:46:11 pm »
Where do you find other contacts on QQ.I have looked all over and cannot seem to pull up any other people. Is there some sort of search or
browse that I am not seeing?
Don

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 07:56:04 pm »
hello zook ;)
are you from Antilles to have this nickname?

About QQ, in fact, the button at the bottom will help you to search.
Or just do a right click on the list with the contacts you have, on the top of the list, and you have "add a contact" ;)

*beats mpo*
Hmm... hello guy, are you free for some chat? i am male, 34, looking for some chinese things to do...
are you available?
lol
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 07:57:22 pm by Sylvain D »
- Let's Rock -

Offline zook144

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 10:26:45 pm »
Quote from: 'Sylvain D' pid='8114' dateline='1247356564'

About QQ, in fact, the button at the bottom will help you to search.
Or just do a right click on the list with the contacts you have, on the top of the list, and you have "add a contact" ;)

Well..Duh!!  Thanks Sylvain! Easy enough, I guess I just never went into the advance search before.
Don