Author Topic: Guess its my turn  (Read 15036 times)

Scottish_Rob

Re: Guess its my turn
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2010, 08:11:54 pm »
Jan, a day travelling there, a day coming back, that only leaves you 5 days in China. You will barely have time to see anything in the city you are going too... :o

Paul Todd

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2010, 09:34:30 pm »
Hi Mikael,

Strange that Hong Kong is more expensive to fly too than Beijing. For me to get to the London from Beijing it's much cheaper to leave from HK. To the point where last time I flew I took an internal flight Beijing to HK and then on to London and I still saved the best part of 2000rmb. I guess it's just a UK thing.
Jan,if this is the case for you then maybe Martins suggestion of flying directly to Guangzho is the best idea. My wife and I are flying down to Guangzho for Irish's wedding and the cost from Beijing was around 800 to 1050rmb one way depending on which day you fly, there are lots of daily flights and it's about 3 hours. So factoring that in it may be cheaper to do that route.

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2010, 10:32:29 pm »
Paul, i asked Finnair about this and they said because the flights to HK are much quicker sold out and that Scandinavians do alot of weekend trips to HK.

Jan: Odd, when i check prices same dates as yours, and that includes Flying from Gothenburgh in Sweden to Vantaa in Finland before the direct flight. The prise is
only 580€

I dont know if thats because i have a Finnair Club membership (get this!, it has many advantages. and get it before you book your flight not after.) but must say it was damn nice price.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 11:39:29 pm by Mikael_Shim »
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2010, 03:26:54 am »
I think it reads elsewhere and I found something like that before. But I can't find it anymore hehe.

What should the "invite letter" be like? The one my lady can write for the embassy.

Her name, address and other contact info? And telling that she has invited me to come there? Or should it have anything else included?

And in what language? Chinese, English?

Paul Todd

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2010, 03:31:37 am »
I'm confused,nothing new there then. Jan what invitation letter?

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2010, 03:32:18 am »
Jan,

An invite letter is very simple. Its just a normal letter. It can be formal or personal. But it needs to have the invitation written, clearly somewhere in it. If you do a google you will find many examples. I dont think it would be any different in this case. Someone will have to correct me if im wrong. Language: Keep it english. Thats what we were advised for my ex in Korea.

But do you need one now???? I think you dont. But you need one if she needs a VISA for Finland.

Offline Peter

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2010, 03:50:19 am »
I was looking for an anternative route to Changsha, Hunan and if you go to Budapest and then Beijing you could save some money and time.. As far as I remember this rout was only 19 hours long from Gothenburg and was about 200 Euro cheeper.... Next time we will use this route instead of Hong Kong... For you I guess you can get a cheep ticket from Beijing to Hong Kong 

Peter
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Mikael_Shim

• QQ (1494158153)
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2010, 03:57:46 am »
Peter

Finnair is direct flight. 12 hours non stop. Theres no better route ;). They are #1 in Europe for any flights China, HK, Japan, South Korea, India

Only direct flights and excellent service.

UPDATE

AIR China from Beijing to Guangzho is 200€ when checking international sites. I would suggest you ask the lady to see what price she can get as im sure she can get lower. So Vantaa -> Beijing, then Beijing -> Guangzho Seems the best route. If you can get the same price from Finnair that i did ~580€ ur gonna get of with a nice price too  :D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:02:19 am by Mikael_Shim »

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2010, 07:36:00 am »
I think it reads elsewhere and I found something like that before. But I can't find it anymore hehe.

What should the "invite letter" be like? The one my lady can write for the embassy.

Her name, address and other contact info? And telling that she has invited me to come there? Or should it have anything else included?

And in what language? Chinese, English?

I am unsure what you need an invite letter for. But my wife wrote me one after we were married so I could get the 2 year 180 day stay multi entry visa.
She just put in the letter some thing like. I miss you very much and I want to invite you to come home as soon as you can. anyway I don't know if that is correct but I got the Visa so I did something right.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2010, 10:31:51 am »
Sample of a invitation letter.
http://www.visarite.com/Sample_Invitation.htm
There seems to be a great example and easily editable for everyones own situation.

A small update how things are going.

We've been writing alot lately. And writing about everything. Instead of just normal things like I wrote at the start of this post.

She seems quite willing to relocate. Even though she says that being with her lover is the most important. And it doesn't really matter where she is or what kind of conditions. But I've told her what kind of living standards I can give her. I think she's quite happy with what I can offer her. Not a luxurious life, but it won't be a poor one either.
I've tried to share her about my country too and tell her the best parts for living here. She seemed quite surprized for people being able to live here so carefree if they wish to. The government supports the people maybe even too much.

And I think she has noticed all the small things I try to hide in my messages. Like I tell her to not work so hard, so she won't be tired. And taking care of herself etc. Which of course she will do even without me telling. But I think she has liked me tell her about these small things.

I've always had more than enough topics to write to her. I always get over 5000 characters used when sending the message. But today I can't think of much to write. I think she was tired or felt bad or there wasn't something right. Usually she gives a lot of topics to write about in return as well. So the letters keep going back and forth nicely. But I'll ask her if everything is right.

I still havn't gotten her on QQ. She said she would try last Sunday, but was busy so she could'nt do it. Maybe one day...

I've been thinking quite alot about all of the things we will go through once and if we get that far, that she moves here. It will be quite rough for a while having the language barrier.
But the more I think about it, the less I take it as a minus. But instead we get to spend time together, learning the languages. Me Chinese, she English/Finnish (Finnish is one of the hardest languages in the world logic/sturcture wise).

But I don't want to get her hopes up too high, or mine before we have met.

I think she looks cute and beautifull in the non edited photo. I've asked her for more photos sending her some of mine too. But she says she doesn't have any new ones. So I will just ask for any photos, but I somehow get the feeling she is a bit unwilling to send photos or unable to somehow. Like she doesn't have any pictures on the computer or something similiar?

But I'll just keep trying my best.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2010, 03:19:38 am »
Jan , whilst it is great that the 2 of you are having lots to say , do not forget that anyone who is working in China will be working many hours [ up to 10 hours a day ] 6 and sometimes even 7 days a week if they are busy and those that are working really value there jobs , so don't tire her out , regards Robert and Sujuan .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2010, 12:39:14 pm »
Jan , whilst it is great that the 2 of you are having lots to say , do not forget that anyone who is working in China will be working many hours [ up to 10 hours a day ] 6 and sometimes even 7 days a week if they are busy and those that are working really value there jobs , so don't tire her out , regards Robert and Sujuan .

I was hoping that my letters would be at least one of the highlights of her day. Something she thinks of as a "pleasant thing". Instead of feeling it as "extra work". And that she would enjoy writing to me.

I wonder if I should ask her. If I'm writing her too much. But she would just reply "no, please keep writing" or something similar. And not be rude.

I do know that she is doing 6 days workweeks. I'm not sure how many hours. But I know that she doesn't get too much free time.

I was also wondering, how to express this to her: I wish to try out different alcohols there. I still like going to a bar with my friends 1-3 times a month. And would like to experience something similar there. I've told her she doesn't have to drink and she said that she would also like to drink lemonade/juice only as well which is perfectly fine.
But its quite a long time ago we discussed this. And I feel like I would sound like someone in the AA-club if I asked this again. But she promised to take me to KTV, and I know that I will get to try it a bit then.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 07:27:53 am »
I was also wondering, how to express this to her: I wish to try out different alcohols there. I still like going to a bar with my friends 1-3 times a month. And would like to experience something similar there. I've told her she doesn't have to drink and she said that she would also like to drink lemonade/juice only as well which is perfectly fine.
But its quite a long time ago we discussed this. And I feel like I would sound like someone in the AA-club if I asked this again. But she promised to take me to KTV, and I know that I will get to try it a bit then.
Danger Danger Man don't get hung up on drinking and stuff. I mean it's cool if it's your thing. But for many of these women it is a major turn off. Many of the little bit older women have had the drunken husband that would beat them 3 or 4 times a week. And if they have forget it. You can say oh I'm not that way all you want. They wont believe you. My Advice to you. Don't even bring it up again. After you are there, maybe after dinner or something ask her if she would like to go for a cocktail or a beer. If she tells you no thanks. That's your answer man,  back off. Be yourself but like all guys we all do stupid S*it. But for now leave that stuff at home. You won't be there long, concentrate on learning all you can about her this trip. And let her learn all she can about you. If you both hit it off great then that means you will be going again in the near future. Because if you really fall for each other you won't be able to stay away I promise you that. Save some stuff for later after you know each other better. Have a good time but be as honorable and respectful as you know how. These are not American party girls.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 08:47:46 am »
I am not looking to party either when I go there.
She promised to take me to KTV and also wrote that "We can sing and drink there." I think that will be what  I was hoping for.
And she doesn't drink alcohol. Which is good and respectable.

And I've told her in the past that I take a few when I'm socializing with good friends watching a game or going to sauna on the weekends. And she did not at least say anything bad about that.

I've had my share of partying and drinking already. Thats why I'm here as well. To find that someone special to love and hug every day. I have not even really tried to look for a western girl for anything serious. I've thought if one comes I will try my best. It is just that I've liked the Asian culture for many years and find it better suited for me as well.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2010, 03:09:07 pm »
Hi Mikael,

Strange that Hong Kong is more expensive to fly too than Beijing. For me to get to the London from Beijing it's much cheaper to leave from HK. To the point where last time I flew I took an internal flight Beijing to HK and then on to London and I still saved the best part of 2000rmb. I guess it's just a UK thing.
Jan,if this is the case for you then maybe Martins suggestion of flying directly to Guangzho is the best idea. My wife and I are flying down to Guangzho for Irish's wedding and the cost from Beijing was around 800 to 1050rmb one way depending on which day you fly, there are lots of daily flights and it's about 3 hours. So factoring that in it may be cheaper to do that route.

The tickets for myself and my wife to fly HK to London return came to just over 10,000 rmb for the two tickets.  Jet Airways - my favourite airline.  (Except for the strict security at Mumbai)

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,