Author Topic: Guess its my turn  (Read 15038 times)

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
Guess its my turn
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:30:28 pm »
Greetings, I am under 30 years old guy from Finland. I'm doing well life wise, good job, good pay, apartment, etc. I've always loved the English language so

One day I was browsing the internet as I often spend time during the evenings. I find chnlove. Register just to see what kind of scam site is it. So I registered with my real first name but fake last name.
I didn't do any research on it for a while. Until I accidently clicked something and found the chnlove own forums. And from there found these forums.

Been trying to read what other people have written here. Good and bad experiences. How to know a fake.

I got quite a few admirers. And after a while it was starting to be too many. So I hid my self after starting to writing to one girl that seemed nice.
Now afterwards I'm wondering if it was she who wrote to me first or did I get hit by the agency translator.
After a while I asked for a newer picture. It was one with a webcam or phone. Quite small and blurry.

But she seems quite reserved quite often. Or then its just the translator that translate things specially.

But now I've exchanged maybe 20 letters with her. And we are starting to be somewhat close. Like talking me to going to China. And she likes to ask and comment a lot what I do. And she seems to love reading things what I write to her.

But when I try to ask personal things. She tries to avoid it a bit. Only telling some parts.
I have tried to tell her that I'd love to hear more about you too. And she usually just says what she does on free time like movies or tea.
I guess this is somewhat normal? And it is just me sharing too much hehe or expecting for too much.

I'd also like to ask her for new pictures, but knowing her to some degree I'm afraid that she might find it offensive. But I was thinking I'd send her new pictures in trade. Because she has asked for some too and I have only showed her a few because she has'nt showed me many either.

I've started to like her alot and thinking about her every day. She says she has no time for chat programs. When I asked her about MSN and QQ, and I do not have a clue how to use this QQ, except that its something similiar to MSN for Chinese.
Any suggestions for alternative communcating?

I know SMS messages are one, and email. But I'm not sure how would she react to a question like that. I'd also love to send her a mp3, player that she could listen to music I like and comment on it. But I don't know how would that work.

But I think I can't visit her until next summer. Or maybe this winter but less likely. And wondering what to do. As in I could afford the EMF letters but feeling like I'd rather not spend so much money on that. And a week I use maybe 10 chnlove credits for her.

Also she is from "Company: Jiangmen JiangMei International Marriage Co., Ltd.             Agency ID: P662"
Any comments on these guys/gals? Trustworthy?

Any tips how to delicately get her more opened up, or to answer questions better.
Like I'd love to hear about her childhood and family. Shes pretty much only said she has a father and a mother. About that topic.

I've also told her I've started to study China as a country, culture and habits because of her. And I enlisted for A Chinese class, 20hours all together. For her as well.

She has said that she is willing to move abroad if things go fine. Which is a great thing. But we have not discussed this too much. Although I've tried to tell her about the great things in my country. So she would feel more safe about the thought of maybe living here one day.

I think I wrote too much in random order to this post. So it might be hard to understand. I'm sorry for this.

I also try to take things slow so I don't scare her off. She often tells me to take care of my self and if I tell her something I do and its not in my best interest she tells me that I should not do that. Or some alternative thats better. Like eating unregulary, sometimes 1 time a day sometimes 2-3. She told me to start eating regulary hehe.

Any comments or answers to my questions? Or suggestions?

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
Re: Guess its my turn
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:53:26 pm »
Hi Jan!

A fellow Scandinavian. Welcome.. Im just fresh in here too but have been reading pretty much all of interest on the old forum. Im not an expert when it
comes to specifically Chinese woman , or their seemingly endless combinations of habits, cultural trades and so on. And from what i have read in the other
forum this varies from lady to lady depending on many things, not just herself but her family, location, age, divorced or not  and so on.  The whole system
seems quite similar to that i am used of in S.korea, just the combinations are different there and so on.

I think there were several who said in the old forum that no more then 9 months before u go see her. Preferably sooner.  Im in abit of a "lucky" situation
since what happened to me im back at square 0. And can catch a bus out of here more freely. I guess you cant.

But im almost 100% sure. It was the translator who edited the part about the "dont have time for chat programs".  I Asked my lady politely if she had. She replied
more like "Helllllllll-O what planet ru from. ofcourse i do".
They have it on their cellphones, there are internet cafes everywhere and so on.  Maybe you should adress the translator directly,  like i did. She seems to be great
though. Just do it politely as i did, i said i will keep using their service as long as its genuine.  Having a QQ account seems to be like having a social security number
over there. Its just as simple and easy to install and use as MSN or ICQ is.  You can download the international version from: http://imqq.com

How much have u spent in total on EMF? If its still in early stage explain you will still use the EMF, its a security for her too. Chances are her english might be close to nothing. And ofcourse , QQ will seem awkward to her then. I told mine if she doesnt know how or what then she can send it in Mandarin. You can then do a rough translation on google and even if it may come out funny you will understand. You can do the same back. I think once you can get her there you will soon realize if its her or the translator that does most of the talking in the EMF´s.

Speed up, but do it slowly as they say. I was shocked at how easy it was for me,  but might just been lucky. But from what i felt and from what i have read many others say. First step is to open an alternative path to communicate on besides the EMF. I would adress the translator though, state your concern and explain you are genuinely interested in this girl. If you dont get a note back from the translator in the next reply then most here would probably say thats a red flag.

Others here will be able to give you more advice then i can. But good luck. And hopefully it will turn out for the better.
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:42:52 pm »
Any comments or answers to my questions? Or suggestions?

Jan

You seem to be going down the same path that many of us before you have trodden !!!
This lady more than likely is interested in you, but possibly she has had some previous communication with guys and it went nowhere. So she will be somewhat reserved about giving too much away until she knows more about your future intentions.
Either that, or you are getting a large dose of "Translator Fluff" !!

It is vital to get away from EMF's as soon as you can and get on to MSN or QQ at the earliest time. The Agency will try to steer you away from this because their EMF income will dry up.
We have endless debates here whether this method used by Agencies, in a scam or not. Maybe it is not ethical, but in most cases, the Lady is real, but in many cases she is not being fully informed about what you are saying to her. In some extreme cases we have seen, the Lady is NOT real and this then becomes a serious scam.

You only have one certain way to get to the truth....go to China and meet her...then you will know for sure.
I dont think there is a Chinese Lady who does NOT have QQ on her cell-phone or home computer...period !!!
Dont be put off by excuses about "poor English, or dont have computer" etc etc etc The modern translator programmes on-line make this rational flawed and QQ on cell-phones is common.
My Lady often sends short "hello" messages by cell phone QQ.

Try to keep objective and dont let your emotions get into control at long range...stay focussed and get over to China...then you can let your emotions run wild with the REAL woman.

If you are a serious Man. looking for a long term relationship and not a brief adventure, then you have every right to ask her for more info. about herself, and for natural photos.....there is no
reason whatsoever to consider your requests as offensive. In fact, a refusal on her part to provide such info. is more offensive to you !!!

She will only be reluctant to give you more info. if she feels you are playing games and dont intend to visit her in person sometime soon. So your plan about a visit next summer is not the best...you should try hard to make it sooner.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:44:42 pm by David E »

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:36:40 pm »
Jan first of  Welcome to are forum.What David E is telling you.Is the best advice you have recieved so far.You have every right in the world to ask for more pictures.And you should really get off the Emfs.In time the emfs can cause more trouble then what they are worth.

If you can't break her off the emf.Make friends with the translator.Tell the translator.What you think.You will be real suprised.At what can be accomplished.Once the translator starts helping you.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 06:51:59 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jan. I can't offer anything new, because David E and Maxx covered it all. Take their advice, and ask us questions to help you in your journey.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 07:28:24 pm »
Jan, hello welcome to the brotherhood...

The advice you are being given is the best advice you could get, I was on Emf's for almost a year, it is a costly business Emf's.  Try as best as possible to come off them as soon as you can..

You will know once you meet whether it was the lady you were chatting too, but you are doing the right things, by asking for advice from the experienced members here..

Good luck my friend

Offline Chong

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:23:49 pm »
Another communication tactic ... tell her you want to send her a card/gift/flowers/MP3/X-mas present ... and you need her home mailing address. See if she's willing to give out this info. Mention that you prefer to send it to her home as opposed to the agency.

Welcome, you'll get lots of info on this Forum.

Paul Todd

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 09:31:52 pm »
Welcome to the forum Jan,

The best advice I can give you is listen to what the guy's above have just told you! ;)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 09:39:12 pm »
Another communication tactic ... tell her you want to send her a card/gift/flowers/MP3/X-mas present ... and you need her home mailing address. See if she's willing to give out this info. Mention that you prefer to send it to her home as opposed to the agency.

Of course many will be reluctant to provide their home address until they are really sure of you.  Also the address they have registered with the agency, which you can obtain at a price of a credit,  often is their work address and not their home address. This information may well not be forthcoming until you actually meet in person.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Chong

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 08:11:44 am »

Of course many will be reluctant to provide their home address until they are really sure of you.  Also the address they have registered with the agency, which you can obtain at a price of a credit,  often is their work address and not their home address. This information may well not be forthcoming until you actually meet in person.

Willy

I asked twice in the past and got both personal addresses. The content in your EMFs letters will determine the comfort level that your lady has with you; that's where you creat trust ... on your part.  A work address is just as good as a home address. Why waste a credit when you can just ask her for the info. As long aas nothing go through the agency, it's a good step.

Offline Jan

• QQ 1507672319
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 11:15:37 am »
Thank you for the replies and comments and suggestions.

I will write this next message with even more care than usually.

And I think she knows that I'm not fooling around. Which I am not. Or at least I get that feeling off her.

And about visiting. I guess you are right. Maybe thats the thing because its so far away. So I'll see what I can do for this December. And what will she think about that.

And about QQ, I just installed it. I will ask her about that. And tell her I was told that almost everyone at China has it and uses it. And  if she has a QQ address.

About Asian culture, I know Japanese and Korean culture decently or well. So that gives quite alot of knowledge for China. But the more I get to know the Chinese culture better. The more I notice it is alot more "delicate" compared to these other two.

I have sent her ~30 EMF letters, started writing to her in June. And probably recieved around the same number. So its quite a lot money-wise. I've told her that I don't mind using this service. But I don't know how to make her realize too that is quite costly. With the money spent on this service. Especially over long duration. It would be worth like a back and forth plane ticket.

And I've used the google translator quite a lot. So that is a good idea.
Also I think her English skills are decent or more than enough to make basic communications. She is probably just afraid to use it or the translator writing own stuff.

And also I have huge doupts about what I write to her. Sometimes I feel like they have skipped parts of my letter, or the lady has ignored it. Or then writes something else at times.

But I think writing to the translator a message will help things too. Saying something like "I am genuinely interested in this girl. And I'd wish to try communicating with her via SMS, mail or QQ as well." but I'm unsure how to finish the message to the translator. Or what more to add...

And we have talked with the girl about children, that she wants a girl and a boy. I agreed with her just that I want the girl child first so she can help take care of the boy as well (haha).

And to David, I'm getting kind of excited/scared now that I got this thought in my mind going there on December. But it will be the right decision. And I can afford it as well. But will see about next summer later on, but thats something I don't have to worry about yet.

And I'll ask her for photos as well and add one or two of me.

And her real info, I'll just tell her that I'd like to know about her family. What are they like. Father, mother and Siblings if she has any. I've told her a lot about my family. So I think she'll answer to these now. Last time I asked her we had not known for too long.
And David E is right. It will be more offensive to me than to her.

Hmm I don't know really how to make friends with the translator. So maybe some help with that?

I'm not sure about sending her something anymore if I go there on December. I originally thought that I won't have that much time. But I just have to prioritize.

Heres some thoughts for now. And I'm lucky because I work as a guard/janitor/IT-help/stuff carrier/receptionist/secretary and lots of other things. So I often tend to get free time during the evenings. When I can write in peace to her. And read her messages. And browse the internet etc. Like now atm.
More about me, I first studied at college and graduated from the IT-line. Then as a stagehand for many world known bands, which was great. And now for the government, what I wrote about a bit before.

And I've self learnt pretty much all of my English. So often if someone asks me to translate English into Finnish... It does not work haha. I know the words in English and I can describe the words in English. But I just can't get the Finnish word into my mind. Because I never learnt the words like people at schools do. Like "bird - lintu" "bus - bussi"... Etc.
I think I learnt the way children learn to speak. Just by listening. And if I didn't know a word, I Googled it. And got the English description for it. I've used the language a lot too so if I got my Finnish accent off I could maybe be thought to be a native speaker.

So using English might be a small problem for some, while going to other countries.

/Jan

Edit: This is what I now decided write to her. I was going to add a [spoiler] [/spoiler] but seems like its not working on this forum, so I'll do it as quote. Also this is just most of the letter, at first I was talking about more casual things that we have been writing about.

I also sent the letter. This might be a lot for one letter. But I'm writing what I feel. And think she needs to know these as well. And that I wish to know more.

I spent a lot of time for this part of the letter. Because I needed to think, how to write the thoughts in my brain, honestly but sincerely. So I’m sorry if this feels awkward or different. But it comes from my heart.

I just want to make sure you know. That I am in no way trying to fool around. And I really care about you. And wish for a lot. And I am serious about this.

I also read that almost everyone at China uses QQ, so I read more about it. Do you have that? I would like to try that sincerely with you sometimes. I wish that you would not be scared about this either. I can try to write some bad Chinese or read Chinese somehow if you hesitate about something. With translator of course.
Or if this doesn’t work for you, would you rather like to try SMS messages?

I would also really like to hear more about your family. What are they like?
What were you like as a child? Or growing up?

Have you told about me to people or friends? I’ve told about you to few people and they think I should stay suspicious of internet relationships. But I don’t think so. I trust you a lot already so I want to share and hear from you. But one of the friends also hoped for all the best for me. And that he wishes to hear how we are doing.

And now to the best part. I have been thinking. And next summer is too late. So I will see if I can get enough free time in December, so that I could come over there to China then. I will have to ask about this from my boss. But December should not be too busy here. And a good chance that I can get enough days off. So if you could see if you have some time then as well. So I would be there when you have some time off as well. I was thinking of 7 or more days.
Waiting for next summer just feels like so long time. I hope you agree? Or would you rather do some other arrangement instead?
Now that I’ve been thinking about this for today. At first I felt really excited. Now I’m starting to feel like I can’t wait for it.  And that even 3 months is too much to wait for.

I also added a new picture I took yesterday at work through a mirror. It was in a classroom at work.
I wish to see new pictures from you too. If you could send some to me?
I can also try to get my friend take “better” pictures from now on if you wish for it. So when I see a friend, the friend could take the picture and I could send it over.

And me asking this much in one letter, I hope you don’t mind. And that this is not a too “big step”.

Also I know you know, but I wish to say it again. Feel free to ask anything from me.

I’ll be waiting for your reply more than ever so far. But still take your time with it.

I wish you a good day.

Yours

Jan

// note to translator. I wish if possible. That could you try to translate this letter in a way that would feel humble but honest. I will thank you in advance for this. And thank you for translating all the letters in the past as well. It has been almost 60 letters all together I think.

2nd edit. Also I used to be overweighted. But for her and meeting her I've started to do quite alot. And just in a month I've lost rather alot of weight. So by December with this motivation. I will even feel better about myself. And she will too. And by December I should even get to being "normal" weighted as well. Because my body structure is like one of a American football players. I'm tall and big. So that forgives alot of extra weight already and no one even notices.
But for her I'll do all I can.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:54:23 pm by Jan »

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 02:01:55 pm »
Hi jan,

I can relate to the language thing from my ex who was Korean. She learned english all by herself , and she could both talk and write it very good. But when she was trying to learn me korean she was more confused then i was lol

Approaching the translator. Im not really sure what technique would be the best but others here have better combined experience. My translator is a female, i dont know what would be better if it was a guy. But a guy would have easier to relate to what i want to say and translate it much in a way he would as a guy. But the female, knows what the other female wants to hear and not , well on a grand spectrum not down to everyones unique individuality. However having a male translator for some reason feels more awkward to me. Males are alpha predators hehe, but that wont work on the girl so you have to drop that armor and that feels abit awkward atleast for me.

I approached my translator by questioning her sincerity. That might not be the best advice in all cases. But in mine it worked really well. The translator wrote back to me and presented herself and explained she was working in the best of interest for my lady and if there was any problem i should let her know immediately. My lady had a cold recently and said she would go see the doctor if it didnt get better. I was abit worried she wouldnt so i stated my concern to the translator, she then personally checked on the lady.
So im feeling very comfortable right now, even she still adds som fluff here and there. After 20 letters or so you should be able to see through what is and whats not.

Also as someone else pointed out in another post i read. The frequent usage of the words dear or darling often in early stages might get you wondering. But if you do a translation of these words to mandarin, you will see they dont mean the same at all as they do for us and it all makes more sense.

Yes they dont forward some of your questions some times or leave out some part(s). Happened to me and alot others from what i read too. But its quite logical, atleast somewhere in that vortex of vacuum between my ears that if things are moving too fast they will pull the break abit to make sure u stick to the EMF as long as possible. If its moving too slow, they will spice up the ladies reply to motivate you to write more, and more passionate. My translator has evidently even personally recommended my lady to stick with me for which i am very grateful. The EMF´s might end up costly in the long run but if u feel u can trust the translator then thats not a problem for me to keep using it now and then. If i was in doubt however i would do everything to get the lady on alternative communication channels permanently.

Jan, a bit of advice for your trip. You live in Finland, buy your ticket STRAIGHT from Finnair. trust me, there is NO airline in Europe that will get you there safer , quicker or in most cases even cheaper. Finnair is #1 in Europe for any flights to South korea, Japan, China and India by far. And they fly nonstop from Vantaa. You should be there in 12 hours and due to the excellent service and comfort onboard trust me, its not even tiresome. You get several meals, have your own entertainment system etc. well, you
should know all this if you went anywhere in Asia with them before. December might be abit more pricey due to xmas and newyears, and note that theres often a huge price difference depending which city you decide to fly too. You can choose Beijing, Chengdu, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Kunming, Quingdao, Sanya, Shanghai, Shenyang, Tianjin hehe and Xiamen. Quite a slection. Prices might vary greatly so plan your trip well, and note that only bold ones are direct flights with Finnair.  Beijing will probably be the cheapest option, depending on dates and availability roundfare tickets will be between 500€ to around 1000€.  i think HK and Shanghai during same periods are often 100-200€ more then Beijing. Checking now for my planned trip it would cost 689€. At less convenient dates cheapest now seems to be 511€

If you for some reason will be forced to fly with another carrier, avoid Aeroflot at all costs. Or make sure you have atleast 500€ cash in your pocket, chances are  quite good that u have to transfer through Sheremetyevo. And that my friend, you dont want to hehe. If ur alone, chances are great that the customs will harass you. 500€ and problem is solved in a sec. No money and they wont mind harassing you far beyond the event that you have already missed your plane. just google and get horrified ;).

about QQ, my lady also confirmed everyone has it if they are within reasonable age. if they say no, somethings wrong. And she doesnt have to always be at a computer to be able to use it. Most of them also have it on their cellphone. but ofcourse, for some it might be very inapropriate to use when they work, for some others its ok from what i have learned so far.

Chinese culture and history is for sure more delicate then Korean and Japanese, also in Korea and japan its fading quicly with the new generation of people who doesnt care much or value it, I hear its the same in China too in the big cities just abit earlier stage. But i think it will not die out in China with the exception for the big cities. The country is too big and too many people live in all the country that divides the cities. In Korea and japan, the landmass i very small and everyone lives close to a big city more or less. It has both its advantages and disadvantages ofcourse. The great advantages is that it takes very little time to build infrastructure and to be able to provide the whole country with fiberoptics, 4G networks etc and at very small costs, this advantage is also selfexplanatory as to why they are far ahead the rest of us technologically speaking. Provided the facts are correct (or im gonna look like an ass there) i really enjoyed reading: (and im far from finnished)

Berkshire Encyclopedia of China

Its a 5 volume set. Totaling 2800 pages. Might be abit pricey to buy. I have it in scanned PDF version if anyones interested.

EDIT

I wrote the above before you added a copy of the letter which i just saw.  Thank you for sharing it with us, its not always easy to openly share your feelings in a place like this where many will read that you dont personally know. But i think it shows your sincerity in every word, otherwise you would never had posted it.

I also think you showed alot of respect and humbleness while still managing to get all your questions through. Now we can only hope the translator will see that
aswell.

I only see one minor mistake which is:

I also read that almost everyone at China uses QQ, so I read more about it. Do you have that? I would like to try that sincerely with you sometimes. I wish that you would not be scared about this either. I can try to write some bad Chinese or read Chinese somehow if you hesitate about something. With translator of course.

I think that could easily be misinterpreted and would had been better if you had emphasized translator = internet translator like Google or Babylon

Im crossing my thumbs for you.  I presume she will receive it around midnight your local time depending when they start working. If she responds reasonably fast it may be in your box when you wake up for work.

// Mikael
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 02:30:10 pm by Mikael_Shim »
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • Board Moderator
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 06:56:03 pm »
Jan

I am a natural English speaker, I was born there !!!.....I have no problem understanding the content and context of your proposed letter to your Lady.
But I will be certain that the Translator at CHNLove will not get even close with translating the subtleties into Chinese !!!...so she will cut corners and make up stuff so it sorta sounds OK

I would suggest to you that your letter is wooly, vague and far too unstructured.

Jan, believe me, these women look for real Men, they come from Patriarchal backgrounds, they want you to take charge, to be the Boss (on the surface that is).
You are not giving her clear, concise issues to which she can respond.

May I suggest something like :

I just want to make sure you know that I am not playing games and I really care about you. I have big hopes for our future together and I an sincere asbout this.

I also read that almost everyone at China uses QQ, so I read more about it. Do you have that? I would like to try to talk together on QQ then we can know more about each other easily. Do you have a QQ number, mine is............ Because of the time difference, can you tell me what will be the best time to contact you ??

I would also love to know something more about your family and your history and how you spend your free time with family and friends.

And now to the best part. I want to come to China to visit you sometime in December, will you tell me if this is OK for you.
I also attach a new photo I took yesterday at work through a mirror. It was in a classroom at work.
I wish to see new pictures from you too. If you could send some to me?

Also I know you know, but I wish to say it again. Feel free to ask anything from me.

I’ll be waiting for your reply more than ever .

I wish you a good day.

sincerely yours

Jan

// note to translator.We now have shared almost 60 letters with ..... and I thank you for all the help you have given me to communivcate with her. I just wanted you to know that I am very interested in....and I sincerely hope that Yuan Fen brings us something special together.

Jan this type of English structure is easier to translate for them, dont be misled in thinking that CHNLove Translators have perfect, grammatical English...they dont. They can esasily get confused with cumbersome and difficult language...so keep it simple and you have a better chance of your message being translated EXACTLY as you said it.

Cheers...DavidE
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:57:36 pm by David E »

Offline maxx

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 07:27:12 pm »
Jan pay close attention to what David E posted. It was short and to the point.Small words and small sentences.Keep it simple for now.Most translators cannot understand the big words.What your trying to tell the lady.Or the translator.Does get lost in translation.

The translators do speak and write English.But it is a different kind of English.It is called Chinglish.It is a mixture.Of English and Chinese.And a few other words.Nobody really know where the words came from.So again small words and short sentences.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 07:38:09 pm »
Jan
The way I got the first ladies address (who I was talking too) was saying to the translator

'Hi Emma (Translator)
Thank you for all your help in mine and Kathies relationship, it has been invaluable.  However, I feel that we should now move on to other ways of communicating.  This would help to strengthen our relationship onto the next step.  Could you help to set this up please.  Once this is done, we will still be using Emf's for more important issues that will be needed to be talked about.. With Kathies English not too good, your help again would be appreciated
Sincerely
Rob'

Tyhe next reply I got, I had recieved her yahoo id, home phone number and address

Everyone is different, and has different  writing skills and reading abilities, so be plain, simplistic.  More importantly GET the translator on YOUR side... :D