Author Topic: Guess its my turn  (Read 15041 times)

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
Re: Guess its my turn
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2010, 02:53:24 pm »
and you decide to use an ATM to get some HKD be aware that the lowest amount you can get out is between 4000 and 6000 HKD I can't remember which but I thought that was too much when I was there 2 weeks ago.  Too much just for a coffee and something to eat.  Luckily I had some AUD on me and got a little changed of that and bought some food.

I was in the HK airport just 2 weeks ago too.  I used an ATM to withdraw 100 HK dollars.  It was just like any other ATM I've ever used. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Arnold

« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2010, 03:39:55 pm »
and you decide to use an ATM to get some HKD be aware that the lowest amount you can get out is between 4000 and 6000 HKD I can't remember which but I thought that was too much when I was there 2 weeks ago.  Too much just for a coffee and something to eat.  Luckily I had some AUD on me and got a little changed of that and bought some food.

I was in the HK airport just 2 weeks ago too.  I used an ATM to withdraw 100 HK dollars.  It was just like any other ATM I've ever used.

Neil , those ATM's are adjusted different for Canadian's .. us from the US and from Finland need MORE cash on hand . ;D ;D A 100 HK woundn't get us too far !

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2010, 03:48:58 pm »
Jimmy the ferry ride is a hour and fifteen minutes from Hong Kong to Zhuhai.The bus depot is across town from the ferry teminal.The bus depot is over by Macau.Then it is a 2 hour ride by bus to GZ.So 3 to 4 hours is the travel time
Ok she or I must have missed something in the translation, actually the part I was thinking about most was the ferry trip, It sounded like it might be kinda cool. But now that I think again this guy is going in December probably pretty cold on the water.
Jimmy Henson

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
. But now that I think again this guy is going in December probably pretty cold on the water.

Isn't HK listed as "Tropical climate" which translates as "various grades of HOT, no cold"?

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2010, 04:10:05 pm »

Isn't HK listed as "Tropical climate" which translates as "various grades of HOT, no cold"?
[/quote]

That makes sense My wife parents moved down there because his old bones didn't do to well in the cold up here. I'm way north even in summer it never gets to hot here.
Had no A/C all summer didn't even miss it.
Jimmy Henson

Offline maxx

« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2010, 06:49:08 pm »
I have ben to hong Kong and Zhuhai in December of 2006.The temperature was around 70 to75 degrees.It was really nice.The week before I was in central China.In Janxia province.The temperature was around 20 degrees.And the wind blowing off the Yangtze river.Made it feel about 10 degrees colder

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »
In December even HK can be cool, overcast , windy and damp feels cold even at 68F (mid to high teens C  if the wind is from the north) and I've experienced day temperatures getting no higher than 8°C last winter there and believe me that feels cold as hell in a strong to gale force constant wind with drizzle...
From the south it could be in the 80's F or mid to high 20's C and be very nice. I've experienced both during winter there, within a few hours, the weather can change 20C in a matter of hours due to wind direction. Don't count on it being warm is the main message despite how far south you are.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2010, 09:23:00 pm »
I was in Zhongshan and Hong Kong last Christmas.  it was very warm, but the previous week it had dropped down to a brisk 8 degrees C. 

That said, the ferry is fully enclosed.  It moves like a speed boat and is a very comfortable ride.  I never considered going first class (I think it's a whopping 100 RMB extra), but you get to ride in the top compartment for a better view.  HK to Zhongshan took about an hour and there was a widescreen television with a movie for entertainment.   The ferry was an enjoyable experience for me, and I'd recommend it to anyone. 
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline maxx

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2010, 12:40:43 am »
Neil I like the ferry.For a extra fifty.You can really ride first class.They put you in this special cabin.Where you can smoke.They will bring you something to drink.And they will bring you all the paperwork you need to fill out.And a pen to fill it out with.

Offline ttwjr32

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2010, 04:56:07 am »
good suggestion Maxx more comfy for the trip