Author Topic: "Wild China" on BBC HD  (Read 2180 times)

Offline daghoi

"Wild China" on BBC HD
« on: November 02, 2010, 05:09:23 pm »
Hi !

Just watched this one on BBC HD here in Norway. More episode are coming up the next few day's.Give it my highest recommendation, BBC at it best, amazing quality in all ways.

The episode i just saw was from Yuannan were i travelled early summer this year. brougth back a lot of memories.

You can find the schedule here:  http://www.bbchd.com/

This tv series was mentioned on the site earlier this year, but it is so good that it do not hurt to mention it again.

Vince G

Re: "Wild China" on BBC HD
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 05:51:45 pm »
Yes I saw this too. Here it is on PBS. I saw some of one episode but that was it? Haven't seen any other or the same episode scheduled but I'm keeping my eyes open for it.

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 08:27:32 pm »
Before I found a proxy server I was lookin fo something to watch one day. And found one of these documentry shows on Wuhan. It caught my attention so well I ended sitting up for about 8 hours so I could watch the whole thing.  If I an find it again I will post the link it was an excellent show. In fact I would like to see it again.
Jimmy Henson

Offline mickw

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 08:42:43 pm »
Hi All
Yeah excellent series shown here in the UK 12 months ago + and repeated on cable / satellite often here in the UK ,look out for the fishermen episode ,who train cormorants to fish for them with their necks tied up so they dont swallow the fish..........ingenious or what ?

Another series which is worth a view was a 6 part documentory with Paul Merton an english comedian/broadcaster who travelled China and gave an insight to the real China called Paul Mertons China, not sure if it will ever get to the USA but catch it if you  can ,he samples Donkey penis in Beijing in the first episode ,obviously not jewish he quipped !!!!,

Mike

Offline mickw

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 08:46:21 pm »
check out this link for the above series -----------

Paul Merton in China eating Donkey penis

Gian

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:04:50 pm »
Paul Merton pretty disrespectful in my eyes and pretty poor show of China.
When i first watched this before I thought it was fantastic.
After being here a few years I now know pretty poor representation of China.
That and how he spoke to some expats here off camera.
Lost all respect for that guy now.
Talking of idiots.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjEyMTQyNjg4.html
Worth a watch.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:06:50 pm by Gian »

Offline David S

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 12:11:47 am »
I watched the video MikeW posted.  When I first heard the discussion on the WILD CHINA series of the BBC I watched the first episode online.  I liked it so much I bought the entire video series from the PBS web site.  I don't know if the BBC produced another WILD CHINA series, but as interesting as the video that Mike shared I don't recall it in the series I watched.

BUT the WILD CHINA series I watched on HD that I got from PBS was awesome.  I think I posted my comments about it on the original thread about it.