Author Topic: My Story So Far  (Read 14036 times)

Offline shaun

Re: My Story So Far
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 07:09:29 pm »
Dave,

Don't worry about first impressions or the feeling you will do something stupid.  Not that anything like that happened to me, I have heard that women in China are quite forgiving and even kid the man about the first meeting IF the nerves get the better part of him.  So lay back and chill out, you'll either make a few smooth moves or have something to laugh about later.  :D

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 07:53:18 pm »
I am very happy Vince! So happy I cannot sleep properly. :o

Dave C

I know that feeling exactly!! Safe journey and best of luck.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 10:50:55 pm »
The 1st meeting is something you will always remember, enjoy yourself.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Arnold

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:16 pm »
The 1st meeting is something you will always remember, enjoy yourself.

Oh yeah ... I second that !!! I just cant remember with whom it was ?

NOT ! One BEE to the other BEE .. ones you'll see Her in front of you .. all you will see is " Honey " !

Offline Rachel

• QQ Blog
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 12:46:00 am »
haha.Don't worry. The Chinese people are very friendly.Good luck with you.^_^
Tao with god

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 01:23:06 am »
Dave , we will all be watching and hanging on your every word , have a safe trip and enjoy , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline halfpint

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 01:59:33 am »
haha.Don't worry. The Chinese people are very friendly.Good luck with you.^_^

They are, if you are walking down the street and someone is looking at you, it looks a little challenging, just smile.  You'll be amazed at the smiles you get back!

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 08:46:28 am »
At the airport now and I am very excited about this trip. I just got a text saying the connecting flight out of JFK is delayed 45 minutes. This better not be starting again. I had fun going to France last month with the flight delays and missed flights and re-scheduling them.

I did not get much sleep last night. I had 25 minutes in the hot tub to try to relax but it did not do much to relax me. I went to bed around 1 am and was up by 5 am. I just hope that I can relax enought to sleep on the plane.

I was just thinking that maybe I should start a new thread just for this trip. I will think about it while I wait for the plane in New York. I have a little more time there now.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Vince G

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 12:01:02 pm »
With the snowing there now and the cold wind things are slowed up there. I'm guessing cause of waiting on two emails from there and they may have stayed home today instead of being at the office. Relax on the plane and get some sleep. Your on your way. Good luck.

Offline shaun

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 01:35:24 pm »
Dave I know it is a little late to suggest this but as soon as I am on my final flight to China I immediately go to their schedule.  I take 1/2 of a sleeping pill and I'm out for at least 4 hours.  Then I'll take the other half.  It doesn't take long to adjust to the 12 or 13 hour difference that way.  I do the same on my return but it takes a little longer to adjust.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »
Have a great trip Dave.  I look forward to hearing from you, and hearing all the details of the trip.  You will be a long way from showing me pictures of her, and showing me the text messages, while we were at Algonquin Park last summer...you will be there, with her, in the flesh...in China!  I am very excited for you.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 01:23:28 am »
I always take a gravol pill, then have a scotch or a glass or red wine, always puts me to sleep.

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:47 pm »
Firstly I want to thank everybody here for any suggestions and advise they have given me. Shaun, Halfpint and anybody else, I did get something from my dad to help with the sleep but it did not help too much. I think I maybe slept a total of 2 0r 3 hours, if that.

Martin,
 I have thought a lot about the past summer and also last october in Algonquin park. I look forward to seeing you there again this summer, or any other time. You and your family willl always be welcome at my cottage there.

I better update my love story now.

When I finally got off the plane and through customs I headed towards the baggage claim area to get my things. As I was looking at the interior of the building looking to see where one might stand to meet arriving passengers I spot her standing behind a glass divider. She is bouncing up and down on her feet waving her hand in the air at me. Clearly she has spotted me before I have spotted her. I will always have this memory in my mind.

We have spent the past couple weeks travelling aroung GuangZhou seeing the sights and more importantly meeting her friends and family. As we have travelled together we have grown more closer to each other. This woman is everything that I want and SO much more. I have been thinking lately that I would be a fool to miss this opportunity. I have been thinking the past 4 or 5 days that I should propose to this woman before I leave. I did not budget for the purchase of a ring so I decided to talk to her about this. We sat down and discussed our relationship and as I asked her what she thought about us getting married she said that she did not care about a ring. All she cared about was getting a good man for a husband and she thought it would be me. I just thought to myself that I really was a lucky guy now. Don't get me wrong here, it has not all been rosey. We have had disagreements and misunderstandings in our relationship. Some here in person, (she is still ocassionally asking me to drive eventhough I have told her that if caught I may not be able to return to china to marry her. They could refuse a visa) Anyways, I told her that I want to return to china to marry her. I do not know when yet but I want to return to marry her. We fit together very well as a couple.

Dave C
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:45:44 pm by Bee964 »
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline joeswuhandream

• the good life with a good wife
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 10:16:38 pm »
hi Dave
great news that your relationship is working out
wishing you a happy conclusion
you seized the moment  and you have been rewarded
regards joey and Sophia  :)

don't you just love it when a plan comes together  :)

JOHN1964

« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 11:23:22 pm »
great news Dave, In am really pleased for you both, makes me happy to hear that another one of these beautiful women have found a good man to have from this day forward, Soon comes the hard part of leaving your lady and returning home without her, good luck,
regards from MinYing and John.