Author Topic: 2B a Newbee or not a Newbee that is the ?  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
2B a Newbee or not a Newbee that is the ?
« on: March 20, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »
As this site Marches into the 21st Century, I will be flying out to China on March 21st. I am excited about this trip but also worried. I am wondering if I can get some Sage advice from the members here.

You see I have been in contact with a few members from this site  through personal messages. I have seen their profile pics but I am worried if they have had been photo shopped, that when I meet up with them I will not recognise them. Also, how can I tell if their replies have been sincere and not the agency translator just writting fluff to please my ear?

Is it wise to be telling them that I will be meeting up with other members and appear to be honest, or should I keep mute as they might get jealous? My backup plan is that if one member does not pan out I have another member I can go see. I hope this is wise.

Oh and do I need a Visa to get into China or will American Express get me in, or is that the Orient Express? Anyways any Sage advice will be appreciated as I wait buying my thyme until I go.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Scottish_Robbie

Re: 2B a Newbee or not a Newbee that is the ?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 07:33:14 pm »
haha Ron...are you feeling bored??.... ;D ;D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Bee964

• Found someone!
  • Dave & YanLing
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:42:27 pm »
I bow in reverance to you, Oh King of the Puns!

I think Visa will get you into china but this may depend on your limit. Orient express has a better rate though and you can even sleep on it too!

The members you are meeting I cannot help you with. Just becareful with how open you are to them at first. And don't show them your Visa.

I hope that this has been of some help to you. Enjoy your thyme while you wait.

Dave C
Life is like a jar of Jalapenos-- What you eat today will burn your ass tomorrow!.

Offline halfpint

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 02:20:52 am »
I think you should line up a girl for each day you are there, that should increase your odds.  Honesty?, now is that a way to start a relationship?  If American Express doesn't get you in, try your air miles card, it's gotta be good for something.
My qin ai de is in Shanghai, and I'm not

Offline Mikael_Shim

• | IT Security Analyst & Consultant | CHiNA |
  • QQ (1494158153)
    • Access any website or service from Within China. 100% anonymously
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:13:52 am »
This thread will be the source of many a questions to haunt the mind of any newcomer who just joined.

Most of us whos been on here for a while now knows that the Visa does get you into China. Mastercard and Amex only gets you an isolated 4 foot square cell at Quincheng. This may not be the accomodation of preference. However if you like all flavors of China you may very well opt for the MC/Amex option when you reach the customs. You are not enforced to leave China before your Visa expires but experienced travelers share the common opinion that it will make your stay in China far more pleasant if you actually do. Beware that some of these photoshopped individuals you may actually encounter in real could have a severe impact on the longevity of your Visa, and may even seek to abuse the sweeter bits of life it can provide if used properly. It should not affect expiry date however.

There are no agencies involved in the private messaging on this site, but the moderators monitor and adds their very own fluff and charm that we have come to love to our private messages. This is only meant to serve as a bridge, breaking the boundaries of age, sex, political views, nationalities etc to form a more compatible network between members.

Do you suspect a member using a legit picture, or unaltered/un-modified/un-photoshopped. Please report this to the moderators asap.

::)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:15:50 am by Mikael_Shim »
"Just call me Mikkie , thats what all Asians do anyway"

对于世界而言,你是一个人;但是对于某个人,你是他的整个世界