Author Topic: K1 Visa Aproved  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Andy

K1 Visa Aproved
« on: April 27, 2011, 02:06:15 pm »
It is been a long time I did not post anything, but now I have a good news so I am happily post this. My fiancee will be here on May 20 ! Finally the K1 visa was approved. My fiancee and I did all the paperwork for the visa.

Most helpful was the visajourney.com site with lot of good people with good advice to get us through. They even have sample forms already filled out so it was not much of the problem to compare and make sure we did it right.

Currently I am looking into getting her a health insurance for new immigrants for at least until we get married then I will put her on my company provided insurance. Anybody can advice me on the health insurance for K1 visa holder? 

Offline Hajo

Re: K1 Visa Aproved
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:12:46 pm »
Congratulations Andy!
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline Andy

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 04:39:22 pm »
Thanks!

Offline maxx

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 08:48:11 pm »
congratulations Andy.I don't know of any insurance company that will carry a K1 visa holder.What you mite try is to get her travelers insurance.When you buy her plane ticket.It should cover her for anything and everything.

Offline auburnkp

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 10:15:03 pm »
Congratulations!  This is what I did when my wife came over on the K-1. I did not put her on my work's insurance yet because we were not married yet. We got married two months into her 90 days. I then added her to my work insurance. We got all the shots necessary for the Adjustment of Status (which cost a little over $1000 by the way). We had to find a medical doctor that was approved to sign off that my wife had all the necessary shots. I wasn't sure my wife had all the shots in China and my doctor did blood work to see if she did. Luckily she did and did not have to get anymore shots. We just took the paperwork to the USCIS approved doctor and he signed off. I believe he charged me $75 to do the paperwork.
AuburnKP