Author Topic: Experiences of Yet Another New Guy  (Read 13412 times)

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
Re: Experiences of Yet Another New Guy
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 05:54:09 pm »
OK, I am starting to dislike Kevin now.  Dang it...leaving us in suspense like this...not nice!  hahaha  Liking your story so far, and looking forward to reading more.  Pillow, welcome aboard, and feel free to chat with us here.  It helps us get to know you.

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 05:22:51 am »
Kevin , we are WAITING < WAITING < WAITING , haha ,  ;D regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2011, 02:12:19 pm »
Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I agree that the stories people share are some of the best parts of this forum. Pillow- I hope you decide to post your story too!

I guess I'm obligated to continue now   ;D

So the EMF was sent, and yes a reply did come! I believed from the response that at least some of the message had been passed on. Of course I told myself it could have just been written that way by the translator... but I felt good about it. The lady applauded my caution and assured me she was real, and said any time I wanted to see for myself, to come to China! I learned that she did not have a computer (hmm, PC excuses again?)... I let it go, because the lady was very sweet.

The glaring omission was any acknowledgement of my QQ number (or e-mail address, which I'd also offered). I let this go as well. No use banging my head against a wall.

Our daily communication with EMF went along well after that for another week. No more mention of "love calls" or anything like that. Just good conversation at the same pace we'd been carrying on for a while. Until one day... I was unable to write to her for the day (business travel and other emergencies came up). So I couldn't sit down at a computer and reply as usual.

The next day I wrote an EMF, and apologized for my delayed reply and explained what had occurred, and also took time to answer her pending questions. When I received her reply I was quite surprised! She was very relieved to hear from me, the previous day she had become quite anxious due to the lack of reply, apparently to the point of calling the agency translator a few times during the day to see if anything had arrived yet! Honestly I was floored, it was great to know that my letter every day was that important to her.

After reading that, I felt great! I decided I had to learn more about QQ in case I could talk to her someday. I fired up the QQ program (did not leave it running because I had no friends on it) and saw a "validation request" that someone had requested to add me to their contact list. I pasted the chinese characters into Google Translate to see who it was, and it was her! The request was made at the end of the previous day, when I was unavailable to write. She must have pestered the translator so much that they decided to give her my QQ number!  ;D

She was not online at the time I accepted the request, but it appeared that the number was really hers! I went back to the Chnlove website to write another reply to her in thanks for the QQ request. While there I opened her profile for a few minutes to browse her pictures again. That is when I see she was "online" for chat at the Chnlove website. I thought it was strange, would have been in the middle of the night in China. But what the heck, if it was her I could "live chat" for a few minutes to say hello...

*sounds of collective forum breath being held again*

I will continue the tale in my next post, but alleviate a bit of suspense with a word of caution... This is the day I discovered "Live chats" through Chnlove may not actually be with the woman you are writing to. Maybe it is most of the time? Who knows.  In my one-try experience this was not the case!  :(

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 04:11:58 pm »
HAHAHA...Mike, that's how I feel too.  I dont think we have ever had a more suspenseful member!

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 05:21:55 pm »
HAHAHA...Mike, that's how I feel too.  I dont think we have ever had a more suspenseful member!

Bwwwaahahah!  ;D

I seriously had no idea that my thread would become popular, but many thanks for the continued support! I tried to cut some of the suspense with my closing statements this time. Now that I re-read it maybe that had the opposite effect. Sorry guys (and girls)!

Promise I'll gather my thoughts and post another section of my story soon, definitely before Turkey-time tomorrow  ;)

Offline shaun

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »
Blue man crew?      can't be...

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 07:54:03 pm »
Was Once upon a time I was known to wear suspenders, but my tale was always told post trip. This journal ..... live from the front lines makes the vicarious reading even more delightful. Great writing keeping us adrift in a sea of suspense. I am waiting for your next installment so please don't be A Shy Man & Post every Night your M. Night Shyamalan twist.  8)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:22 pm »
Great, we have a King of Suspense, and a King of Puns.  What's next?

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 09:57:29 pm »
someone looking for me? ;)
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 10:20:24 pm »
Great, we have a King of Suspense, and a King of Puns.  What's next?

Me thinketh King be to high a rank, rather less smelly BaRon of Pun so I can mingle with the commoners.  8)
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 12:18:22 am »
I will wait for your spin on the live chats Kevin , but it was whispered to me that they punch up a picture from there files and it is just a translator who answers , quite simple really as 9 out of 10 ladies could not hold an English conversation , so just another mug punter exercise by we know who , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 10:47:11 am »
Rhonald, its true I had considered telling my tale later, but I wanted to start while memories of the beginning are fresh. Also, this will allow me to ask some questions about future plans!

Just imagine the suspense I was in, living through this each day... Nail-biting suspense, highs and lows, I went through a lot! Everyone here gets the benefit of the condensed story, several months of activity condensed into several days of posts  ;)

Sujuan and Robert, I'm glad that you helped to confirm what I suspect was true. I'll continue my tale...

Seeing my girl "online" and ready for chat at the website, I joined in and pulled up the chat window. I get a simple greeting of "hello kevin" and some generic questions. Within a minute or two it became clear this person was not entirely familiar with me. I mention that I had received her QQ request and had added her as a friend. The person on the other side of the chat says "hehe OK I must go now" and then disconnects from the chat! Total time was less than 5 minutes!

This event brought me down quickly from my previous elated high to a new low, all in one swoop. Immediately I think, perhaps the QQ request I received was a decoy account, to appease me so I keep writing to this girl. I wonder if she is real at all. From things I had been reading in this forum, it seemed very possible I was being played. Ok, don't panic. I recall the 24 hour rule posting (good stuff here guys)!

I didn't wait 24 hours. But I did take some time to think. Opening up QQ, I sent a few chat messages to say hello and briefly explain my displeasure with her agency games. I did this using Google and Yahoo to translate to Chinese, and retranslate back to English to confirm my intended words. I figured if she was a real lady... QQ would be the only way to tell her my experience (they would surely edit anything I said in EMF). Closed down QQ and went to sleep on it.

The next day I received an EMF, where they tried to explain away the experience I had via chat! It said she was nervous, and did not know how to use the chat programs, and so on. I knew it was a load of garbage at that point. I did not respond to that EMF.

However, this is not the end of the story! I also received a response of several chat messages on QQ that day, while I was offline. The girl asked some questions and seemed to know mostly where we'd left off in previous EMF discussion. I translated and typed a few responses, then closed down QQ again.

The next day, EMFs had stopped coming from her end as well. But new chat responses in QQ did appear. After a few days of missing each other's "online" time I finally happened to open up QQ when she was online! Before I realize what happened we had chatted that day for SIX HOURS straight! Of course it was a bit slow going... I had to translate her messages to me, then write a response and do the double-translate (English->Chinese->English again) so I can be reasonably sure I didn't say anything stupid.  :P

I learned more about her in this one chat than I did in weeks of EMFs! ;D

In my next post, I'll try to catch up my experiences to the present day and supply some other interesting info.  Then I can start begging for answers to questions  ;)

Offline Chong

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2011, 03:09:49 pm »
Find out from her via QQ if it was her doing that Chnlove chat session. If it wasn't her, demand a refund from ChnLove for that chat cost ( and the following EMF ) ... and file a complaint against the agency.

If, and only if, you ever get marry, screw the agency by not paying the marriage fee.

Arnold

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2011, 04:15:48 pm »
Talking about High and Lows .. wow . This is almost like Water Torture , but I'm happy for you that it came to an surprising but welcomed six hour Chat . So do take         breath's now , just in case it's back into the Water .
                                                                        DEEP
Remember , your taking all of us on this same Ride of yours .. feel somewhaat sorry for us too  :-\ hehe

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2011, 11:29:06 am »
Chong, I definitely know it was not my girl in the "live chat" but honestly it's not worth fighting over the 0.5 credit that I lost.

I worry a bit about sharing my story here in this much detail... You'll note that I have not mentioned the agency or my girl's name. This is because of a post I tried to make at the Chnlove forum. My post was deleted before it was ever visible, but its obvious that someone over there took my complaint and forwarded it. My girl was harassed by her agency after that, I assume because they feel she is circumventing the system by communicating directly with me. I do not want her to have any more trouble.

Also, I apologize to everyone for the suspense in storytelling! The convenient breakpoints ended up being a little more dramatic than I'd intended  ;D

Maybe it's better if I wrap up the tale for now, so that people know where I'm at.

After this very long first chat my girl and I shared, we have been steadily getting to know each other better. No more EMFs. Entirely through QQ chat and some mail sent between our QQ mailboxes. I do all of the translating back and forth for now, and she is starting to learn more English. I think we've probably only missed a couple of days in the past 6 weeks! Usually we chat for at least 2 hours per day, I'd say once or twice a week we'll get into a marathon 4 to 6 hour chat session.

It is surprising how the dynamic changes once you get into real-time communication! There is a much greater level of sharing, the ability to joke around some, flirt, and just let the conversation flow anywhere it wants to go. Some of the details occasionally get lost in translation. And we've had a few particularly bad translation errors that required patience and understanding from us both in order to not be upset until we could determine the true intentions of the other person!

I doubt I would have kept communicating with this incredible girl for so long if we had been kept locked behind the barrier of EMFs. We have learned so much about each other through chat. Little details of daily life in China and the USA. Likes and dislikes. Personality. I think its helped her too. She has opened up a lot. She was actually the first to ask about many difficult or potentially embarrassing subjects, like s-e-x (in a very cute and shy manner that was absolutely adorable to me!)

The only downer is I've not been able to see many real photos of her. I have seen a few, she is definitely attractive but they certainly tweaked her studio photos! Unfortunately she does not own a camera or computer. Our chats take place on her cell phone or her computer at work using QQ. I know what the experienced guys among you are probably thinking- get her to an internet cafe and try to video chat there! Well, I tried that! Actually she was very happy to try, despite hating all the smokers in the internet cafes, she went to one...

That day, we met up for our daily chat. Before I can even try it myself, she starts stabbing the video connect button! Unfortunately, the video connection failed! I received error messages when I tried it as well. It turns out the version of QQ running at the internet cafe is incompatible with the version I run on my MacBook, as far as video transmission goes.  A new version of QQ was released for the Mac a few days ago. Maybe we will try it again soon. Honestly I'm about ready to just and send her an iPod Touch or iPad so we can use it for video  :P

There! I've managed to condense things down without another cliffhanger... Yes, I am still talking to her now. Actually just got done saying goodnight to her about 30 minutes ago! I've been through quite a bit so far, but I am optimistic about my future potential with this girl!

Over the next few days and weeks I'm going to have some more info to share... I hope to talk about our future plans. And I know I have a lot of questions for everyone here!