Author Topic: Experiences of Yet Another New Guy  (Read 13414 times)

Offline KevinHi

Experiences of Yet Another New Guy
« on: November 20, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »
First off I'd like to say thank you to all the great people here!

I've been lurking for quite a long while. Finally signed up for a username about 6 weeks ago, and still remained silent. Absorbing the massive amounts of information available here, enjoying the stories people share of finding their true love.

My name's Kevin and my journey is only beginning.

I'm hoping to use this thread to detail my background, how my search started, and catch up to the present day.

My past has included two marriages and divorces (well, the second one is still pending, but should be done soon!)... Finding myself single again at 40 years of age after being with the same person for 10 years was pretty disheartening. Looking around places like Match.com did not make me feel any better. I realized there were not many American women with whom I could see myself with. Either they'd let themselves go too much, or have some very strange personal issues, or combinations of the above.

Now I've always had a strong interest in asian cultures in general, and even as a boy had a crush on a nice young chinese girl, who unfortunately ended up moving away. These things combined with my dissatisfaction with American women brought me to the conclusion that I should search beyond the confines of the USA. Eventually I found myself at Chnlove.com a few months ago, as many people here did when looking for love...

To be continued...  :)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: Experiences of Yet Another New Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 08:47:41 pm »
Good on you Kevin,
I was single for 40 years before finding my way here at first I thought of it as a new stomping ground but very soon I decided to stay. Gave up my batchelor life when I  found a delightful women who treats me like a Emporer incarnate.

Been here since June 2009 and never intend to leave.

I am sure I speak for all when we look forward to hearing of your adventures.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Scottish_Robbie

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:47 pm »
welcome to the minefield of information mate :D
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts" Winston Churchill

Offline shaun

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 08:53:00 pm »
Welcome Kevin.  Your reasons sound like many here and even some of mine.  I hope you find good fortune in this adventure.  I know I have and am still doing.

Willy, How is it possible to have been single for 40 years when you are only 38?

Shaun

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:07:46 pm »

Willy, How is it possible to have been single for 40 years when you are only 38?

Shaun
If only, if only :'(

Still it would mean that I was going to bed with an older women.  That was every youngsters dream. 

Well it was until I got to china then I find most men are going for women much younger than themselves.

Toooooo young in many cases.  I know how my capabilties are starting to diminish at my advanced age. 

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 08:08:53 am »
Willy, Scottish_Robbie, Shaun- Thanks for the welcome! So many great people here, it's been a pleasure to read all of your stories. I hope that I can contribute some of my own, and perhaps even a little bit of useful knowledge to others someday...

Like I said, this thread will act as a record of my experience. Maybe it will help someone out, or at least entertain them!

So, as I left off yesterday... I found Chnlove.com a few months ago, early September 2011. I decided since it was free to browse the ladies I'd do just that. Anyone familiar with the site knows that there are tons of studio taken, photoshopped young ladies there. But as a total newbie I was floored. Signed up, created my profile, and bought some credits.

Within 48 hours on Chnlove I'd received well over 100 admirer letters. My big brain had already figured out that it was likely a lot of these women were not what they appeared, well before I started to read about it in forums. Still, I chose to write to a couple of women from the mass of admirer letters, based on a combination of their appearance and what was said in the letters. I also sent ONE cupid note, to a girl who had used real photos rather than studio shots.

Results?
1) Cupid note girl. May have been real. But the translation was poorly done, with lots of "hehe" and other fluff. The girl supposedly knew english at a good level, and worked with computers in her office during the day. But I could never get her to send me an e-mail outside of the website EMFs, and attempts to get her to talk elsewhere were met with "my computer is broken", and things like that. I gave up on her.

2) Admirer letter. Seemed to be quite real enough. Much better translation, communicated with more information about herself and questions, and not much "fluff" at all. She had a camera phone, so there were new pictures attached regularly. Actually she was a model as a side job in addition to a normal day job, very attractive girl. But in my heart I knew that it wasn't meant to be. She was only 24 years old. The physical connection would have been great, but I feared that would fade once I got older, and then what we had left wouldn't be enough. I wished her well.

3) Admirer letter. This one I felt more strongly about from the beginning. A very nice admirer letter which seemed to open herself up more than most of the ones I saw... 

My story continues, more about this Admirer letter and the events that followed it are coming up next  ;)

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 08:58:05 am »
Welcome Kevin , apart from already being wise about emf's if you haven't already hook yourself into the Chinese site Tencent qq as that is the system most of the ladies are familiar with and it has a total videocam option , we will enjoy reading more of your words as you continue to write , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Arnold

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 12:14:26 pm »
A big Mod's Welcome Kevin ! Nice to have you join us and bring to us your Experience from start to hopefully the finish also .
So thanks again for your detailed begin of YOUR adventure .

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:03:10 pm »
Hello Kevin, and welcome aboard.  I am enjoying reading your posts so far.  It sounds like you have a pretty good grasp on what you are doing.  Enjoy the ride.

Offline Chong

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 08:12:47 am »
Welcome,

There are other sites than ChnLove as well.

If you have the time & money, visit China for a vacation. Women will flock to you.

Most admirer letters are send to you by the ladies' translator without the lady's knowledge, so be careful about this. Look for 'substance' in letters instead of fluff. Ask her very specific questions regarding family, work, etc etc. Send your daily life photos and ask for her 'real' photos in return. Like Robert suggested, best to start using "QQ" and try to communicate with that.

Start taking Mandarin language courses.

Best of luck.

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 04:00:10 pm »
Arnold, Martin, Chong, thanks for the warm moderator's welcome! Some of my posts will be getting right into topics you (and RobertBfrom aust- thanks as well!) are mentioning. I am glad to hear that my beginnings are entertaining at least  :)

Last post I'd left off with my 3rd attempt at contact. Answering another admirer letter on Chnlove, I bravely tried again knowing that I may well be throwing money into a bottomless pit. That old saying goes "third time's the charm". Plus I still had unused credits  :)

This third woman, in her mid 30s, had a very nice admirer letter. While not really specifically targeted at me, at least she sounded very sincere, and gave some details of her childhood, family, and what she was looking for. It grabbed my interest much better than a lot of the admirer mail I had received that simply regurgitated a few sentences pulled from their profile, and then said "tell me about yourself!".

I started writing to her.  From that first day's EMF, I received a reply within the same day (not immediately of course, but a reasonable time later based on the time zone difference). The translation was good, not too fluffy, and attention paid to my questions, as well as asking some of her own. This continued with me writing and her replying, using 2 credits per day, every day. I sure was burning up the credits! But I was really enjoying communicating with her, and hoped the feeling was mutual.

A stumble occurred after the first week of this daily back-and-forth exchange. There was a request in a newly arrived EMF to be able to make an expensive "love call"... but I know this girl speaks almost no English. A small alarm bell goes off in my head! I wrote back, with a special preface for the translator.  I told the translator that I appreciated the good work she had been doing with these letters, and that I really liked this girl a lot. Then told the translator I would be very sad if I found out that my girl didn't exist, if this was only a scam to make money. In that same EMF, I requested other forms of communication...

This is a good segue... I had been reading both the official Chnlove forums and had just begun reading these forums. I had learned a lot already about potential scams with some agencies. This forum also told me about the ubiquitous Chinese chat system, QQ. I signed up for QQ and got a user number. Maybe I'd never use it, but darn it I would be prepared if the opportunity arose!

Anyway, when requesting other forms of communication I politely asked if my QQ number could be given to the lady (and supplied it in the letter), so I could share additional photos with her (since the website only allows 3 per EMF). Basically we would still need to use EMFs for a long time due to lack of much common language ability. I told the translator she could share my "for the translator" section with my lady, because I had nothing to hide, and nothing but compliments for the lady in it.

Once I was satisfied with my letter to the lady and my "for the translator" section, I held my breath, crossed fingers, and hit send...

Arnold

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 04:10:08 pm »
Is it still " Sending " ?

Now you got me holding my Breath for the next installment ! :P

Offline KevinHi

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 04:22:37 pm »
Is it still " Sending " ?

Now you got me holding my Breath for the next installment ! :P

Haha! I had wondered if my ongoing story was worth posting about... so it's encouraging to know that you're interested!   

Thankfully I do have more to tell, but I've been taking my time trying to compose my thoughts for each installment.

I promise not to keep people in suspense too long  ;)

Pillow

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »
Hey another new guy here and first post.  I actually lurked around for several months reading all the great advice and stories before recently making a profile.  Complements to everyone here you have all been a lot of help to me so far and much enjoyment in reading the stories and advice.  I am anxiously waiting to here more of the story Kevin, and always hope for the best for you in your search.  I might get around to my search in a topic in the near future, but I have not had much luck with ChnLove to be honest.  Another great place to meet Chinese women of all ages and women from around the world is a language site Livemocha.com.  Basic account is free and you can chat up other members for no cost and even webcam available through the site.  I have many different friends through there and many Chinese women I have chatted with and learned some Chinese language and much more than ever through ChnLove.  Many very nice and chatted on webcam although quite a few in early 20's so for myself at age 49 they seem more like my 3 daughters in age.  My daughters are between 21 and 25 in ages.  I find myself warning the young ones about predators on the interwebs, I guess still the father of daughters kicking in.  ;D

Anyways, good luck and waiting for more story,
Pillow

Arnold

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:35:53 pm »
Kevin , of course "ALL" stories are welcomed here ! This is one reason we are here .. along with helping People through all this Hoopla .
It gives Members time away from being sad/lonely while they wait for progress of their Ongoings . If it wasn't for those exact interesting Adventures of each of us , this would be a still/sad/and only hard facts ( which are good when needed ) it definitely be quite around here . We sometimes have that problem .. as it is now .
Thus .. please do keep us reading and on the Edge .

Welcome Pillow , as mentioned .. all are welcomed to add to our Pool of info. and don't let anything/anybody stop you .
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:40:25 pm by Arnold »