Author Topic: What is acceptable in age spread to a Chinese woman  (Read 10937 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
What is acceptable in age spread to a Chinese woman
« on: November 27, 2011, 01:35:56 am »
I am 60 yrs old and I understand how the photo shop skills work.  I know that the women I am so attracted to may not look exactly like this.  I have read and looked until I am blind.  From those who have trampled through the vineyards looking for the best vintages to slake their thirst what is your advice from not only your point of view but your Chinese wife/girlfriend's point of view on this age spread?  I would never think for a second of going below 40 years old.  But I don't want the woman to feel impinged upon by being married to an old dog.  I have been blessed with better than average genetics so don't look to bad for a guy my age.  Paint is a little thin on the hood...okay, to be honest it is down to bare metal in spots.  But I wouldn't want the woman to feel...oh my goodness, this is revolting to even be seen with this old guy sort of thing. 
I know some of the women who are even in their early 30's put stuff like up to 70 years old.  Which is so far past hypocrisy that i would have a mental breakdown dealing with it.  What do the Chinese women feel is comfortable for them?  Please help me out.

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re: What is acceptable in age spread to a Chinese woman
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 04:15:34 am »
Depends if your going to be living here or back in the USA.

Where I live I am teh centre of attention when out and about. Me being a foreigner attracts attention. Not the fact that my wife is 48 next birthday and I am over the hill! Albeight with my all my own teeth, and hair. Yes the hair is all mine its just the 'Just For Men' that I buy.

My wife says that I should let the colour grow out now and let her see it natural.  I told her that I have not seen my hair natural, for 10 years now and asked did she want me to have heart attack when I saw the old git in the mirror.

But seriously when I took her to London last year for a holiday I did not feel in any way embarrassed. Maybe people were looking at me, I did not noticce, as I get so used to be looked at wherever I go here.

But I think in myself if I had a woman on my arm in London who was say 30 years younger than me then I would probably feel uncomfortable.

But in China that age gap is not a problem. My neices sister in law is 23 and Chinese of course she has just married a China man aged 55 they live and work here.

That is no problem with the family, certainly not with me. Of course others may think of them as Father and Daughter but that would not work for a non Chinese background foreigner and a Chinese Girl.

But it boils down to whether you will be embarrassed to be seen about with a young party or not. Many know when I came here I sampled the company of many ladies both young and old but never really felt comfortable walking out with younger ones.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »
Just yesterday , Qing and I were talking about when I first married my late Wife . I was 25 and she was 37 , which here in the States did cause "Me" to be quite embarrassed/uncomfortable with most People staring at us in Public . It bothered me for some time , that I grew a Mustache/Beard to look older . I finally got over it , as you might know .. this has caused unwanted feelings between us . She did not want me to feel embarrassed being seen with her by my side . Mentioning that she also had seven Children already when we first met , also put on a lot of strain with Family Member's and Friends alike . Love for each other , is what got us through this period and it lasted til her passing almost thirty years later .

Now , being married again to my LaoPo ( in '08 ) at 55 and she was 40 .. it is kind of in reverse now from my viewpoint . I got those same kind of stares early on , but in China this time . This time it was "No" problem at all for both of us . Oh .. I noticed those stares , the only difference was ; I was too happy having Qing on my Arm and Qing was also happy/in love .. showing all those chinese Men .. she's not too "Old" to be loved the way a Woman should at her age . I in turn looked at my LaoPo's feeling , as .. all you Fools don't know what you're missing out on . The best years in a Women's Life .

This is of course only from my prospective , as other's will handle it all their own kind of way . Age , what I learned from my experience .. it only matter's .. if you let it matter !
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:40:12 pm by Arnold »

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:52:45 pm »
It depends on your health and how young you feel. If you are in good health and think you are going to last another 20-30 years then I think the cut off should be no more than 20 difference between you. Not because you would look weird with a wife that resembles  a grand daughter. You shouldn't care about who stares at you or makes jokes about you because if you are happy and in love then the joke is on them. But you should not reach for something unless you are sure you can handle it. Brother it is so tempting to go for the cute hard body that you dreamed about when you were young man but in fact your body is no longer as young as your brain.  Remember at 60 you are pushing retirement and at some point nature is going to tell/force you to slow down. She will want to go do things at her age level and you wont be able to keep up. You and I are about the same age and I set out with a limit of 10-15 years but temptation overtook me and I went for 17 years. I shouldn't have and I hope I don't regret it. But since you are asking about it you have given it some thought and are concerned about it. You should have a heart to heart discussion with any lady you are considering to marry and let her know your concerns and find out if she will continue to accept you as you grow older and less able to keep up with her.

And ( I don't want to dwell on this for too long) there is the consideration of sex. I have had two Chinese wife's and they have been much more active and frisky than any American woman I have ever been with.  I am sure they will slow down as they get older but maybe not before you do. Keep that in mind.
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »
Thanks Guys,  there are these two women who are in their early 40's who make me total bonkers...and yet, I know it is like standing on a ladder and stretching to get that last plump apple that is just out of your reach.  Catastrophic decision it would seem to go so young.  So, that is why I was querying you guys.

I have a buddy, usa citizen, born in England who married a bombshell Russian lady.  He is now 67 yrs old and she is 47 yrs old.  She just left him for a guy closer to her age and wealthier.  He says he is glad it is over because there was so many arguements about this and that.  I just don't understand how I could survive such treachery at such a late point in my life.  It is another reason that I feel it would just be better all the way around to live there instead of my promiscuous society.

I have really tried to think my way through this very carefully.  I was married to a Russian woman who was 14 yrs my junior.  But our marriage was ended with her passing to breast cancer after only 3 years.  It tore the stuffing right out of me.  You haven't tasted a more bitter pint of beer than the bitterness of mortality.  So, I don't want to do something stupid this late in the game.  I got a kick out of every one of your replys.

The one question that wasn't answered by any of you however, was what do your Chinese wives think of this age spread difference?  Please ask them and get them to give you an honest reply uninfluenced by your current relationship with her about what "she" thinks about the age spread deal.

Arnold

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:13:27 pm »
.The one question that wasn't answered by any of you however, was what do your Chinese wives think of this age spread difference?  Please ask them and get them to give you an honest reply uninfluenced by your current relationship with her about what "she" thinks about the age spread deal.

Going by our first contact through Chnlove's EMF's , I had written to her in my first letter .. Hope my Age (54) at the time .. is NOT too old of a Partner to build a Relationship with .
Well I got "My" straight forward answer ... Not at all ! Let me remind you Alex , that she did not know much of anything about me yet .. other then a resent Photo of myself . Believe me , those Women get a lot of information from a Photo . She definitely knew me better , then I from her's .

I also know that age can be secondary to your Girl/Lady , as your Financial well being / Health / Attitude and outlook on Life .. is more important than the age difference .
This is of course the Start of it all , the phycical part is personal for me to really comment on . That is and always will be to a different degree with each individual . That is for you two to work out and better before then later .
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:18:08 pm by Arnold »

Offline shaun

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:35 pm »
2hip,

You will find that the answers vary on the individual.  It appears that the general consensus is 10-15 years.  I was thinking around 10 and Peggy is 7 years younger than me.  It seems to work for us.

Shaun

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 06:31:33 pm »
Me...60..(well,nearly 61)........My Ming has just turned 45.

I pondered about age differential when I was "prospecting" in China, many of the 38 + year olds from CHNLove were appealing (and apparently willing !!!)

I discussed the age difference with Ming early on in our relationship (we first met on Blossom, moved over to China Love Links and then to QQ) and she was more concerned with what was in my heart, rather than what was on my passport or in my Bank Account !!

Obviously, she did not want to marry a broken up geriatric, it is just not rational, but the age difference as a set of numbers was (and still is) of no concern to her.

One thing that Chinese Women seek is stability, something they never had before in their previous marriages due to the very prevalent trait of Chinese Men (and please forgive the generalisation) of seeking a "younger model" after the wife has produced the single child and is focussed on home duties. This stability and a level of certainty , in the relationship is vital to them. In this respect an older mature Man is a positive not a negative....less chance of a need to pursue pastures new !!!

Never in our day to day life does the age difference get discussed...it just dont figure !!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:58:14 pm »

Whenever this subject comes up the main concensus point seems to be around the fact that as the guy gets older he cannot perform so well in the marital bed.

That surely is not the point. The older the man gets the closer he is to popping his clogs.  I wonder sometimes whether it is fair to the woman to have a man who could be leaving her a widow at what could be a young age.

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Arnold

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 09:34:30 pm »
I wonder sometimes whether it is fair to the woman to have a man who could be leaving her a widow at what could be a young age. Willy

Believe me I've done that many time and everyone should , especially with Kid's included . One can prepare well for such a case , but it doesn't help the Hurt that follows a great loss as your Spouse . This of course is usually the Man's planning , as I have found .. LaoPo does not want to hear about me having thoughts of such topic's . I can not blame her , all I can really do , is take good care of oneself and hope for a long Life together .
We can't take away a (mature ) Man's dream in his last quarter .. if this is what he desires . Must weigh the Pro's and Con's of it all before making such a decision .

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 10:23:40 pm »
Gentleman, thanks for some very good insights on the second round.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 10:44:29 pm »
Gentleman, thanks for some very good insights on the second round.
Except most answers were from the Man's perspective. They all gave good advice but to really answer your question, a woman would have needed to reply.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Clayton

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 11:32:27 pm »
I asked my wife that very question and the answer she gave me was that she felt an older man was more stable and reliable. less likely to fool around, something she does not have to worry about with me,why not, because she is everything i have ever wanted in a woman, in and out of bed,

Cheers
 Leeroy

PS our age difference is 12 years
This is the way to go

Offline john1964

• finally together
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 11:53:55 pm »
After I received my first "admiration" letter form my now wife back in April 2010, I was very un-willing to reply to her as of the 11 age spread, Of course, same  as most men I find a younger woman very attractive but have always been with someone closer to my age "47", I searched through the abundance of other admiration letters and there were no women even close to my age, I did a bit of research on-line and found for some reason that most "Asian"  women choose an older man for many different reasons.
I have asked my wonderful wife why she chose an "old man" And her reply was that maturity gives her a sense of security and 11 years difference was not a problem, Her family are happy that she chose an "older man" This time instead of some-one same age as herself, stable, secure, responsibilities,
As for the bedroom antics,  My wife enjoys very much what goes on behind closed doors and now realises that "pleasure" is for both people to enjoy, I am only 47 and still quite active in this department  ;D, Sex is not everything but love making plays a big part in any relationship, I hope to love and be loved by MinYing for the rest of my days, John.

Offline shaun

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »
As you can see it is clear as mud.  Peggy said the same things as Clayton's wife. 

Arnold, Peggy doesn't like to talk about my demise either.  I do think it is up to the man to take care of.  I have a Korean friend, our children went to high school together, her husband died 4 years ago.  She is still upset that he didn't plan financially for his death.  She'll make it fine.  I asked her if they talked about it and she says no, she wouldn't allow it.  So I am assuming that asian women think it is our responsibility to take care of it.