Author Topic: What does it mean?  (Read 3286 times)

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
What does it mean?
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:40:32 am »
When a girl answers her question about her profession...she answers Hospitality.  What exactly does that mean?  I'm fearing the worst!

Offline David E

• David and Ming
  • My favourite photo
Re: What does it mean?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:01:09 am »
Probably, waitress, shop-assistant, hairdresser, masseuse ( ;D ), or maybe even call-girl !!!!(just kidding...)  It is likely to be something in a service environment, rather than a Production oriented Business or Corporate environment.....but then again...you never know  8)

Offline Clayton

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 05:27:23 am »
Be very careful 2hip, if you are communicating via MFS DO NOT trust any answers you get about your lady friend .  Wait until you are talking with her personally like email or better yet QQ.
The reason for this is simple. you can't trust translators to give the correct answer and this can hurt you big time later on when you think you know about your intendeds past and you end up giving the wrong answers to the consulate interview.

That was my experience

Cheers

Leeroy
This is the way to go

Offline 2hip

• Red Wabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:45:33 am »
I have to admire you guys.  I can't think of anything more complex then this process of trying to snatch a low flying angel from China.  I lived on and off in Russia for a year.  Lived in Moscba and St Petersburg and I thought that was difficult.  China is three stories higher in complexity.  You guys must be the toughest of the toughs to deal with all of these hidden potholes.  Yikes

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:18:52 am »
Or like me completely bonkers!

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 12:02:46 am »
Or like me... in a rural rut back home on the farm... Had enough of being a hayseed and moved to the big city :D From a little farm 20 minutes away from a village of 500 people, to a urban municipality of 33 million people... a SLIGHT change in circumstances... :D

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 12:57:02 am »
Welcome to China Kiwi303 , hope you enjoy , regards Sujuan and Robert .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 01:03:59 am »
Or like me... in a rural rut back home on the farm... Had enough of being a hayseed and moved to the big city :D From a little farm 20 minutes away from a village of 500 people, to a urban municipality of 33 million people... a SLIGHT change in circumstances... :D
But I bet you still seem them walking bye with a chicken or two strung over their shoulder or the odd pigs body on the back of a motorbike. ;D

Willy

Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline Kiwi303

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 10:28:02 am »
No pig corpses yet, other than on hooks in the shop fronts, but I have been passed in the street by a lady carrying a sack, poking out the two holes where the bottom corners had been snipped off big enough to pass a head, but small enough to keep the body in, were a ducks head and a roosters head... both very much alive and looking around as she trotted past.

I've been eyeing the live fish in the supermarkets, wondering which to try next :P I got a chunk of catfish last time, maybe the pointy nosed type with black and yellow zebra pattern will be next :D I've bought one of those little one-person roaster ovens since they don't have real ovens in China... and no roasting pans to fit in the oven, just pizza pans... So I have a stack of disposable/recyclable aluminium pans and some tinfoil.... Baked fish for dinner soon, as soon as I find some Chervil, Parsley and Chives...

but coffee, my main addition, is EXPENSIVE, there are teapots here, teapots there, here a teapot, there a teapot... SHOPS full of teapots, but nary a coffee plunger to be found until I chased down a Starbucks and held up the staff :P

Sure, there is Instant in the stores... But c'mon, Instant coffee is like Cyber-Sex... passable if there is nothing else available, Just not as good as the REAL thing.

Back on topic however... to work out what the strange things they say mean, I have found it useful to break it back down into the root word, the chinese girls here keep trying to get ahead of themselves in using English, and when the expand on their vocabulary by adding suffixes or prefixes, they can really create some malapropisms.

So she is likely in a job the requires her to be hospitable to people, as mentioned, likely a service industry of some sort.

Offline Pineau

• All things considered .....
  • Board Moderator
  • God is great, beer is good, and people are Crazy
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 06:31:58 pm »
Kiwi, where are you. I found some western grocery stors in Guangzhou. You can find them in my thread what I found and where I found it.  Do a google search for Olivers market in you local. The have REAL COFFEE. (not cheap)
Don’t give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.
https://chinaandfriends.shutterfly.com/pictures
http://www.youtube.com/user/gerrypineau/videos
http://youtu.be/zG4eoONlutE