Author Topic: Ex Ambassador bites the dust!  (Read 806 times)

Offline shaun

Ex Ambassador bites the dust!
« on: January 16, 2012, 07:33:09 am »
This does my heart good today.  He was appointed the Ambassador to China by Obama then quits and runs against Obama for President.  Talking about biting the hand that feeds you.  Also Huntsman did nothing to improve the immigration process.  He didn't improve anything in China and then wants to be president.  I guess for him it would have been the highest level of incompetence.

WASHINGTON — Jon Hunts­man will withdraw today from the race for the Republican presidential nomination, campaign officials said Sunday.
Huntsman will endorse Mitt Romney at an event in South Caro­lina, the officials said. Huntsman believes Romney is the best candidate to beat President Obama in November, they said. The campaign officials spoke on condition of anonymity.
The former Utah governor placed third in last week’s New Hamp­shire primary despite devoting most of his campaign resources to the state. He had already acknowledged that expectations for him in South Carolina’s primary this week will be “very low.”
Word of the withdrawal came on the same day The State, South Carolina’s largest newspaper, endorsed Huntsman for president.
The move comes as pressure has been increasing on Texas Gov. Rick Perry to leave the race in order to allow South Carolina’s social conservatives to unify behind either former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum or former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
“If for some reason he’s not derailed here and Mitt Romney wins South Carolina … I think it should be over,” said the state’s senior senator, Republican Lindsey Graham.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:15:37 am by shaun »