All About China > Understanding Chinese Women

ChnLove Date Internet Dating Service, Scam or Real?

<< < (3/3)

shaun:
True; true and I see you've had your picture photo shopped for this site.  No wonder your wife fell in love with you.   ;D

Pineau:
Well thank you Shaun,
Actually that was my serious look for your Beer wars thread. I'll change it soon.

Robertt S:
Beware of the old " bait and switch " tactic also. Many agencies use this tactic also, they get over by baiting you with an attractive lady and then once you are there she suddenly loses interest or has a life and death family crisis in Mongolia and can't meet you in person. The agency will ALWAYS have ample ladies waiting for the agency to call them in to meet you. If you research long enough you will discover many of these attractive ladies are no longer with the agencies having married someone or just decided they would marry a local fellow, but the agencies still continue using their profile especially if it has proved to be a revenue generator in the past. Many men have to actually write the agencies and insist that they stop using their wife's profile after she is married.

JustJim:
So when Mei and I had our wedding pictures taken I got to witness a transformation.  I sat as they poked her and primped her, applied tape and eyelashes and makeup and who knows what else and at the end of the process she was super model beautiful.

But for everyday life she hates wearing makeup.  And I prefer her without it too.  There is no fuss and no muss, no waiting while she applies this or that.  And I like her natural beauty - I don't need that super model....

So what is my point?  I don't begrudge the women wanting to look their best.  I wouldn't say "buyer beware" because it is prevalent throughout our society.  You should see some of the gorgeous Hollywood stars before they get their makeovers...    You wouldn't look twice in normal life...

Anyways, when I was in China I got a chance to meet the people at the agency that Mei used.  What I gathered was that they are real sincere in wanting to help their clients.  And they are cautious about the type of men the women might meet and what those men might request of the ladies.  They see themselves as not only a filter but also a shield for their clients.  Quite a few jokes were made about all the men passing themselves off as being "Generals."

And they believe that if they can plant the seed of attraction that they will have better success.  So if they have to spin a few tales or flirt on behalf of their client they see no harm in that.  Plus they make a living.

In my own experience I started contacting a gal through the EMF's and it started to run into the $200 - 300 range.  It was about then that I found this site and when I started pressing "her" for direct contact she started to give me the same stories as Pineau mentioned.  She held out a carrot that when her friend (who apparently knew a lot about computers ) got back from her trip abroad that we would be able to QQ then.   It sounded suspiciously like she just wanted to make it through the summer on my dime, before she went back to college ;D

It was at this time that I met Mei for the first time, and rather than go through the whole thing all over again I said that I would only communicate with her directly, and for whatever reason, we were "allowed" to exchange QQ numbers.   The rest is a whole 'nother story...

Oh, one more thing that the ladies at the agency said...  there are a lot of men on these sites who are "pretenders."  They are just bored and maybe they want to spend a little money just flirting with some gal, but they have no means and no intention of ever going to China.  This is another type that the agency is trying to weed out, and also they don't care that they are taking his money.

So although I met and married Mei through China Love, I know that I am one of the few.  And I had help and advice from this site to help me.

A lone wolf would be taken to the cleaners by that site and by all the expenses that he might incur in trying to get a wife from China.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version