Author Topic: A tough one!  (Read 1948 times)

Offline fivetrout

A tough one!
« on: August 09, 2013, 08:56:41 pm »
Talked to Hong today. Her father is dying or has just died...hard to tell, and harder to ask! She tells me she wants a shroud for him. Does anyone know much about burial traditions in china? And what should my part be...if any other than support?

Offline Robertt S

• Georgia***Shandong
  • Administrator
  • Too Old for Instagram and Too Young for Life-Alert
Re: A tough one!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 09:30:10 pm »
Here is what I found concerning shrouds.    http://kaleidoscope.cultural-china.com/en/45Kaleidoscope4703.html

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »
Ouch.  Lisa's mother is having some health issues also.  Not a good time of year in China!
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »
I guess the unrelenting heat doesn't help either.

Offline daghoi

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 07:43:19 am »

Sad to hear.

I know that my former girlfirend choose to cremate her brother when he passed away. The ashes was shredded at sea. Thats how her family choose.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 04:07:04 pm »
Update! Hong has gone to her family home. She takes turns at the hospital with her mother. I know her father has had heart disease and cancer. And so she has talked about cemetery arrangements and wanting to buy a shroud for him. So two days ago...I ask if I can write him a letter and if she will read it to him. I go about writing the letter, telling him who I am as person and that my love for Hong is genuine, and that he not worry about her happiness at all. I will show her and her son much love and patience, and that I admire his whole family and consider them as my own. You get the drift. Soon afterwords she said she was impressed with my letter to her father...and now he is doing much better, in fact her words were he is fine! I was thinking I'd never meet him, gain his trust in regards to her and so forth. She has lately started to really express feelings now that I am going to be with her soon. She has expressed sept 22nd as a good date, before the national holiday for easier travel for me. Hong tells me she has come to terms with her feelings and wants to marry after my first week there. I think the reality of me actually going to her made it all real for her...finally after two years! As many of you know...she has always had in her head that money was of importance to her... like most in China. But when she stated " I know you have not much money, but I love you because you are very sincere which is of great importance to me. So today I will apply for my visa. I know this has been beaten into the ground many times, but to save time looking up information that maybe has changed since originally posted I thought I'd toss it out there. I want to use a service to handle the visa and singles affidavit. Any suggestions for me? Am I leaving anything out?

Chris

Offline IrishGuy65

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 06:07:48 pm »
Yep, I used VisaRite also and recently.  Still no change, probably the best service.
I-129F Delivered: 9/26/13
NOA-1 Received: 10/1/13
Request for evidence: 11/13/13
RFE evidence received by USCIS: 11/29/13
Approval of petition (online): 12/17/13
NOA-2 Received: 12/24/13
Lisa received letter from Guangzhou: 1/14/13
Interview on 2/25/14.  Visas approved.
Visas picked up on 3/5/14.

Offline fivetrout

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 06:33:59 pm »
Haha that's the one I tried to remember. Heck it's probably in my favorites!

Offline shaun

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 09:08:01 pm »
Visa Rite is the best