Author Topic: Occupation  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Ed W

RE: Occupation
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 09:51:11 am »
IT Network Engineer, usually in software development companies who deliver a product over the internet.

spent my 20's driving big rigs cross country, mostly the western united states.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Peter

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 01:07:05 pm »
Martin and Chong claims that I am a spy.... but I'm not.. just a simple detective.. a inspector at the police force in Halmstad, Sweden... Just wish I have been 007 because he will get all the good looking women in the end..  
Shaken, not stirred... ^_^
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 10:06:51 am by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Shane

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 01:24:23 pm »
Investigator for credit fraud  and also charged off loss for Mercedes Benz >> self employed

Offline Uncle Brucie

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 02:52:43 pm »
In the 80's which is a blur
Planner operator in  a sawmill Watson lake yukon
working in a lead/zinc mine Faro Yukon

But mostly driven a Taxi for 30 years,semi retired now because of last accident 2 years ago only work part time now

Y es i am one of the poor guys that gets to drive you home when you cannot remember how to get there

Life is fun somenights
My 2 cents  ????

Offline dumbo

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 03:00:27 pm »
I work as a financial advisor for individuals and small business owners specializing in retirement, disability and life insurance solutions. I am originally from planet Mars and I am resposible for most of the UFO sightings on late night tv.

Vince G

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »
Oh Dumbo then Maxx would know you? He's from New Mexico. :icon_cool:

Offline froseman

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2009, 06:30:54 pm »
My occupation: Product Design Engineer (Software)

Offline maxx

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:10 pm »
To whom it may concern all UFO sightings are in Roswell.It is way south east of where I live.

Lets see. Grew up working in a sawmill in Colorado.bucked hay in Missouri for 6 months washed dishes in a reastraunt cooked in a restraunt for a couple of years.Did some landscaping for 3 months.Worked for a company making craftsmen hand tools.for five years.All in Colorado.Worked in a gas station in Nebraske for a month.Worked as a plummer,and made ac parts in Arkansaw for 6 months.Worked for 2 years as a detail manager in Colorado.Drove a Rig over the road for 5 months.Worked as a detail manager for 15 years in New Mexico.And know I'm a personell assistant for a retired women.

shaun

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 09:21:47 am »
Hi guys,

I am a retired geophysicist in the oil business.  22 years.  Since then I went back to school to study religion.  Over the past 15 years I have been a pastor, worship leader, courier, dispatcher, hr recruiter, and a lazy bum.  Currently I drive a school bus for Middle and Elementary schools and own a used furniture store in a flea market.

I'm looking real hard at teaching English in China.  Looks like a challenge and I need one right about now.

Mike, love the Mr. Diety videos.  Maybe that is why I am looking for a new wife?

Offline cHi

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 04:53:16 pm »
Hi all,

Sorry for my absence, been about 3 weeks since I've been to the site (and it looks like I missed a LOT.. yeesh O_O) .  Life just got away from me, busy with work and keeping up relations.  I'm an applications engineer for a startup in silicon valley, essentially in a glorified support role but I love it.  I'm a young'un so my history doesn't go back so far, but I have my own rich history, coming from a "melting pot" family before Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt jumped on the bandwagon.

• I'm 1/2 filipino (birth mom is filipina), my birth dad was some kind of eurasian mix but no other information I have, name's not on the birth cert.
  • I am 1.88 m tall
  • I was adopted (along with my fraternal twin brother) by an American military family when I was 6 hours old, transported to the base hospital to keep me alive.  was premature and weighed 3 lbs when born, you could hold me in one hand
  • I have a German last name, fluently speak English and Spanish, and can read (but not speak much) broken french, portuguese, italian, and learning to speak/hear (but not read) mandarin at the moment
  • My older brother was also adopted, 100% Japanese from Okinawa
  • My sister was AA - African American, also adopted, and passed away a few years ago from cancer
  • My younger brother is the biological son of my adoptive parents - kind of a miracle in itself.  My adoptive mom had 3 miscarriages and was told she could not have kids, hence all the previous adoptions. Lo and behold, she popped out a li'l blonde, blue-eyed german/irish kiddo
  • I'm pretty much an open book - I'm only 30 have experienced more than some people twice my age have gone through, so feel free to chat with me any time

Offline David

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 06:53:07 pm »
I am a research scientist working for Pfizer.  I do drug safety evaluations on newly discovered cancer compounds before they are used in human clinical trials.  I am from the USA... though only the second generation born here.  Both my sets of Grandparents immigrated here from Scotland.  So Scottish Rob perhaps I am a distant cousin!:icon_cheesygrin:

Big Dave
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 06:56:36 pm by David »

Paul Todd

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:33 pm »
My dad said I had to get an education, so I got my degree in engineering, bought an old VW split screen camper and left the country!
Picked grapes in France,Apples in Normandy,Worked at the Heineken brewery in Amsterdam,ran a coffee bar in Athens as well as working in the boatyards around the islands. Ditched the camper and  got a job in an orange juice factory in Israel,deckhand on the Voice of Peace pirate radio station off the coast of Israel. Built my house in India and started my own biz exporting rugs from Nepal,India, Pakistan and Afganistan into the Uk. Just an excuse to wander about really, never made any real money but it funded some great trips,and a bicycle hire company in Rajasthan.Well it seemed a good idea at the time! Crewed oil tankers round the gulf for a few years. Moved on to S/E asia not much work done there! Volunteered to help organise the first elections in Cambodia after pol pot and taught English there too. Worked at a few refugee camps on the Burmese boarder and had a share in a guests house in Lao.
Kids slowed things down so I ran a sea food resturant  on the south coast of england then became the general manager of a slot machine and video  place for 12 years, it was only open 8 months of the year so a few trips could be squeezed in. Had to leave there before I started killing Teenagers. Build manager for a teak furniture company.Capacitor winder and a hundred bar and sweeping jobs in between. Now I'm doing maintenance work at a holiday park and getting ready to move to China in November. Occupation errr.....:icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 07:59:37 pm »
Wow Paul, sounds like you've fitted enough in there for several lifetimes!
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 09:43:05 pm »
Most impressive Paul.  The life that a lot of us only dreamed about.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Paul Todd

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2009, 04:58:22 am »
Not done yet, I'm only 50! :icon_cheesygrin: