Author Topic: Swine Flu  (Read 9000 times)

Offline Danny

RE: Swine Flu
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 06:26:35 am »
Here in Melbourne is the Swine Flu Capital of the World. We have nearly two thousand cases in our city and not one single death. We have a few people in hospital and they're people who were sick with other things already. I hope I am right, but my feeling this is not big deal.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2009, 02:12:05 pm »
I believe the big deal with swine flu is that the more people that get it, the more chance it has of mutating.  the 1918 flu pandemic was similar.  The first wave was relatively mild and mostly ignored.  The second wave was 100% fatal to pregnant women and their unborn children, had a 10-20% mortality rate otherwise.  When this thing mutates, nobody knows how it will behave.  It could become benign or it could become deadly.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 05:22:07 am »
About Swine Flu, the french government said that France should be "prepared" to see more signs in Spring, because as the weather gonna change, there are lot of chances to get it back in France. Actually, there are some cases but in Paris, I know it's ok, even where I'm living.
But it is said that the Pandemic at the highest level is ready to be reached and activated...
- Let's Rock -

Offline Irishman

• Muireadach and Sunny
    • http://www.chinaromance.net
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 06:44:22 pm »
I think it would almost be preferable to get it now so you have some immunity if there is a second more nasty strain coming later on.
Become the change you want today, or all your tomorrows will be like yesterday.

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2009, 03:28:29 am »
I've read that Ronan.  Most people that got the flu in 1918 were immune to the second deadlier strain.  I also read that they've released a swine flu vaccine weeks earlier than anticipated.
...as irresistible as chocolate

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 06:07:24 am »
Well, does anyone over here has any "confirmation" about swine flu in China?

My ex just called me, as her boss has her wife who is chinese, and her chinese family (in China) said that people who were going there will have one incubation's week....

:s
Well, if that's the case ,knowing that I'l go there for one week, I wouldn't be blocked because of that, and not see Ting :(
- Let's Rock -

Offline RobertBfrom aust

• Sujuan [Yo ] is my tai tai
  • Robert and Sujuan [Yo ] at home .
    • bopads.info
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 08:11:57 am »
Sylvain , One of our travel company managers just went to Shanghi for a conference and because someone on the plane tested positive for the swine flu they put everyone into 7 day Q'tine , so she was not happy Jan but you should be okay , all fingers are crossed for you .
Now it is early to bed and late to rise .
My QQ is   1994376895
For electronics and books etc , check out , www.bopads.info

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 08:44:27 am »
Thanks for the return, Robert :)

Well, if I see someone who got swine fu, I throw him though the plane, I don't want to be in quarantine once there ^^
- Let's Rock -

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 12:05:13 pm »
I just talked to Angel this AM.  She says 60 new cases in Beijing since last Friday.  None new in her hospital though.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2009, 12:48:36 pm »
I flew into Hong Kong in May. Three days later while listening to the news, I heard that a woman had swine flu on the same plane I was on. She was about 20 rows behind me. The form you fill out upon arrival (I filed 3 different times the same form on my way from HK to Shenzhen) asks for the phone number and address you will stay at. I never did get contacted. The one place my wife works at had her boss not giving her any work for one whole month because he was worried that I might have brought swine flu with me.

My body tempreature was only checked once and that was when I filed the last time the form. By this time I had been in country for almost 2 hours co-mingling with the residents. The reports I read say that the flu is passed by body contact and not by air. All the health checking people had masks on but no gloves. They hand me a pen and paper to write with and then take it back from me. All I am thinking is that if this flu becomes very deadly.... we are in serious trouble.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:50:35 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline Sylvain D

• oO0° SLY °0Oo
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 03:36:28 pm »
Eh please, don't come disturb my future travel, I want to travel in nice conditions ^^
(Ok ok, it was not mentionned on my flight that I could get flu "for free", as a "bonus" in fact... :))

Ok ok it's not very funny....
Anyone has a candle to light for me when I'll be flying??? :icon_cheesygrin:
- Let's Rock -

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 07:34:19 pm »
I will light two candles, say a prayer in English and Chinese then light incense. For you and for me.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Vince G

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2009, 09:37:20 pm »
Hey wasn't there a Hong Kong flu years ago?

Offline China Shark

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 04:56:16 am »
Think that outbreak was in 1983 but don't quote me on it. And after SARS they are playing anymore. Got to figure how busy a port like
Hong Kong is too.
Shark
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 09:00:36 am »
My lady is a doctor in hospital in Zhuhai - she tells me that ther H1 N1 virus has not been a problem in Zhuhai and I must admit that I have not seen it mentioned for a week or more on CCTV (Chinese English speaking channel)
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,