Author Topic: Move to China or not?  (Read 6044 times)

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
RE: Move to China or not?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 12:02:30 am »
Shaun, I sure as hel* hope you eye sight has improved, man but that is ugggllyy!!!
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Arnold

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 12:09:13 am »
Yeah ... talking about the Woman having ' Balls " . Hehehe

Offline China Shark

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 03:04:04 am »
Rob, that was exactly the position I was in prior to moving here, unemployed, divorced, childless so what did I have to lose. Not much at all, economy is in the toilet and won't get better for sometime. Way I see it I am living life on my terms, doing what feels right in my heart. There are plenty of teaching jobs availible if you really it. I am turning down work here because I'de prefer not working for some individuals and I'm already booked up. It was one of the smartest leaps of faith I ever took in life. Granted I haven't found my soulmate yet I have a lot of time to meet women here because of course I live here.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 11:56:46 am »
Moving to China.   I am now living in China and whatever happens I have a great apartment in a beautiful setting and a beautiful future wife and a prospective mother in law who can cook like a dream. And she only lives in the next block to us in this secure garden.

It is still early days yet to form an opinion but at this stage it looks like this was the wisest decision I ever made but I will keep you all informed as time progresses.  

I am already used to the traffic and the fact that pedestrians walk across the busiest road and the cars do go round you.   Luo Li is working during the day but if I am going anywhere alone I have the name of the place written out in Chinese to hand to taxi drivers. I am based in Zhuhai

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline China Shark

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 12:03:37 pm »
Willy, welcome I know what you mean. Different way of looking at things living here.
China Shark Mike

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2009, 04:43:50 pm »
Moving hopefully in September, November at the latest.
Can't fix stupid.

Offline Bob

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2009, 09:52:26 pm »
Hello all, well it has been a few months since I have posted here.

UPDATE,,,,,,,my wife and I got married back in Sept/2008 and started the immigration process in Nov/2008. We have completed all the required steps and we have been "approved". The last and final step is for us to attend our interview at the Canadian Embassy in Beijing in August, this will be the final approval. (we have our appointment/date set)  I have hired immigration lawyers and they have done a great job!!

Okay, so here we are now,,,,,,I have been to China 3 times already since we have been married, (in Sept, then in December/January, and then in May) I must say I love it there!! yes I know it is not the same thing to visit and to actually live there. I have been discussing this with my wife for a few months now, I WANT TO GO THERE to live, my wife however wants to come here to Canada, we are at a stand point ! . She has a very good job over there and lives in an beautiful condo. She said if she passes here interview then she wants to come here and try the life style before making any drastic dissensions about where we will live, if she fails the interview then she said we will live in China (of course).

We talk every day and I often talk about this with her with little progress. She is tired of her town where she lives, and I am tired of where I live (god I hate the long cold winters, damn snow!!!!) anyways I just wanted to share that with you. I will keep you updated as to our final decision.

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 10:23:39 pm »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='7118' dateline='1246518244'

Rob, that was exactly the position I was in prior to moving here, unemployed, divorced, childless so what did I have to lose. Not much at all, economy is in the toilet and won't get better for sometime. Way I see it I am living life on my terms, doing what feels right in my heart. There are plenty of teaching jobs availible if you really it. I am turning down work here because I'de prefer not working for some individuals and I'm already booked up. It was one of the smartest leaps of faith I ever took in life. Granted I haven't found my soulmate yet I have a lot of time to meet women here because of course I live here.
China Shark Mike

China Shark,

If, someone has $150K in savings.  And they decide to move to China, and choose not to work, how many months/years will that cash last to support a very comfortable lifestyle?  I really appreciate your new found wisdom on these subjects.  It is nice to have "boots on the ground" in China.
Skip

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 11:47:03 pm »
I just found out our company has an office in China at Tianjin. I have to do a rush job from there. But due to the power of the internet, where before they would send me there, instead they will send the data to me to download. At least the power of modern technology allows me to see my wife with webcam. But still it was nice thinking that I could have gotten a free trip to China.
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Offline China Shark

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 01:40:12 pm »
Skip, that is fortune over here. You could probably invest that and just live off dividends and interest for the rest of your life. That is of course barring any major health issues from family members. I make around 9,300 rmbs on a slow month {$1,300. } You could live really very comfortable on $1,000. here. As long as you aren't taking expensive vacations and eating at fancy restaurants your money would last quite a long time. Sort of a little envious of your situation, would love not to work and just travel around this beautiful country. If you are mentally prepared for this you'll have the time of your life. Never looked back or regretted the decision, smartest move I ever made in my life. Screw mediocrity, do what feels right in your heart. Look me up in you're ever in or around Shenzhen, show some of my city.
China Shark Mike:icon_cool:

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 03:12:53 pm »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='8066' dateline='1247334012'

Skip, that is fortune over here. You could probably invest that and just live off dividends and interest for the rest of your life. That is of course barring any major health issues from family members. I make around 9,300 rmbs on a slow month {$1,300. } You could live really very comfortable on $1,000. here. As long as you aren't taking expensive vacations and eating at fancy restaurants your money would last quite a long time. Sort of a little envious of your situation, would love not to work and just travel around this beautiful country. If you are mentally prepared for this you'll have the time of your life. Never looked back or regretted the decision, smartest move I ever made in my life. Screw mediocrity, do what feels right in your heart. Look me up in you're ever in or around Shenzhen, show some of my city.
China Shark Mike:icon_cool:

Very interesting Mike.  the woman I have been writing to is from Shenzhen.  her name is Alice.  I plan to come between Oct and Dec.  It is not my current $$ standing; but, it would be my goal before moving.  

I for sure will give you a heads up.  I will be excited to meet you and hang out  some.  How credible is the agency there in your opinion?  Her profile number is  P588116.  She says it is hidden.  I would appreciate it if you can check to validate that.

Skip
Skip

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2009, 04:25:31 pm »
Quote from: 'Skip' pid='8076' dateline='1247339573'

Very interesting Mike.  the woman I have been writing to is from Shenzhen.  her name is Alice.  I plan to come between Oct and Dec.  It is not my current $$ standing; but, it would be my goal before moving.  

I for sure will give you a heads up.  I will be excited to meet you and hang out  some.  How credible is the agency there in your opinion?  Her profile number is  P588116.  She says it is hidden.  I would appreciate it if you can check to validate that.

Skip

Skip I just checked and the search for your girl's profile comes up empty, so no worries there. I don't know about the agency and I don't know if China Shark will know since it is located in Guangdong.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:26:39 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2009, 06:09:37 pm »
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='8080' dateline='1247343931'

Quote from: 'Skip' pid='8076' dateline='1247339573'

Skip

Skip I just checked and the search for your girl's profile comes up empty, so no worries there. I don't know about the agency and I don't know if China Shark will know since it is located in Guangdong.

Thanks Rhonald,

She seems straight as an arrow....except in all the right places...those are real curvy :icon_cheesygrin:
Skip

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2009, 07:57:55 pm »
Quote from: 'Skip' pid='8091' dateline='1247350177'

[Skip

Thanks Rhonald,

She seems straight as an arrow....except in all the right places...those are real curvy :icon_cheesygrin:
[/quote]

Slow down or you might "Skip" a curve :icon_cheesygrin: dangerous curves ahead. I know what you are going through Skip - untill you make your trip, there is always that little voice worrying you " is she for real"

Well I found out to my delight she was real, so here's to hoping you share the same fortune. I have to confess to the brotherhood that July 8th was our one year anniversary of the start of our first letters. The end result - I sent Chnlove a success letter and this picture. Forgive the eyebrows, I think that they view me as a Vulcan. Now the town of Vulcan is close to Calgary but I don't have pointed ears.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:00:46 pm by Rhonald »

Offline Skip

• Foreign Explorer
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2009, 08:54:52 pm »
That is a truly cool photo Rhonald.  Do they rent those flowing robes, or do you have to buy them? :icon_cool:  
Skip
Quote from: 'Rhonald' pid='8115' dateline='1247356675'

Quote from: 'Skip' pid='8091' dateline='1247350177'

[Skip

Thanks Rhonald,

Slow down or you might "Skip" a curve :icon_cheesygrin: dangerous curves ahead. I know what you are going through Skip - untill you make your trip, there is always that little voice worrying you " is she for real"

Well I found out to my delight she was real, so here's to hoping you share the same fortune. I have to confess to the brotherhood that July 8th was our one year anniversary of the start of our first letters. The end result - I sent Chnlove a success letter and this picture. Forgive the eyebrows, I think that they view me as a Vulcan. Now the town of Vulcan is close to Calgary but I don't have pointed ears.
[/quote]

Ps. Rhonald,

I live in Arkansas.  Curves everywhere.  We almost never miss one!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:56:47 pm by Skip »
Skip