Author Topic: Crooks ChnLove are Crooks  (Read 17310 times)

Arnold

RE: Crooks ChnLove are Crooks
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:51 am »
Great Job Jimmy !!!

As it goes with Proteus , you must remember , that many of the Translator's ( especially during the Summer season ) go out of town with large Group's of Foreigner's to Tourist sight's , as part of their Job . That knowledge comes from my Beijing ( Translator friend ) . The very reason , that we missed each other by one day while I was there with my Wife . He was out with a Group in Xi'an for four day's . It's only my guess , but that is what he could be doing ?

Offline Tiztom

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2009, 06:08:04 am »
Hey Jimmy, I could always give him a call on Mon, easy enough to tell he is still there from all the background noise & phones ringing, either he will answer the phone or if it's an agency phone someone else will pick it up, then I can ask for him.:fi_lone_ranger:

Offline Jimmy

• Soon the Family will be Complete.
  • She Was A Wonderful Wife
    • Jim N Libo
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2009, 12:50:33 pm »
Quote from: 'Tiztom' pid='7275' dateline='1246702084'

Hey Jimmy, I could always give him a call on Mon, easy enough to tell he is still there from all the background noise & phones ringing, either he will answer the phone or if it's an agency phone someone else will pick it up, then I can ask for him.:fi_lone_ranger:

That would be up to you. It is his phone I believe, I have talked to him as he was on his way to work.
Jimmy Henson

Vince G

« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2009, 01:23:23 pm »
About Holidays in China. My lady had told me about a holiday July 1st.
1st July is the birthday of Communist Party, but we don't have any holidays! and I don't think we have any special occasion for that!
This year, 1st October will be our sixtieth National Day, and we will have a great military review
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 01:23:50 pm by Vince G »

Offline Andreas

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2009, 05:03:40 pm »
Well, what can I say, the whole post is interesting and at the same time I really do not know what to do now.

The Agency P518 in Zhuhai is the agency of my girl I been writing to since almost 3,5 month, almost every 2nd day, and I will leave to Zhuhai this
upcoming tuesday the 7th. Bought tickets and got all set for the trip.
Since she can't speak english I aint got her phonenumber, just made up plans that she picks me up at the port of Zhuhai with her translater named Sophie. I will get her phonenumber (the translaters phonenumber, Sophie) to contect her when I touched ground in Hongkong to let them know what ferry I pick so they can pick me up in time. My girl looked up all the ferry schedules and stuff and also found me an hotel were I can stay at first.
The more I was reading thru this thread the more sick I feel, especially on the different quotes from you guys on that very agency. Now I am splitted in my mind, thinking if that is all real what I exchanged with my girl the past monthes (and we have really sweet letters) or if that all a game that is played with me. I am in deep love, so is she (what I can say from all the letters). Now I am thinking on what to do, if I should take the risk and travel to Zhuhai to see what's happening or if I should cancel the trip. It's really a mess, my happiness and happy feelings seems to to down on ground by now. I feel miserable  That is one point I always feared building up relationships over such a distance (I am in europe, germany). I will try t think about that tomorrow, if I go thru that, if it turns out I was played I might have the chance to find some other girl there, if not I might have had a nice time in Zhuhai for 10 days.

Well, that are my 2 cents for this threat. Its a mess, for real!

Andreas!

Vince G

« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2009, 05:28:41 pm »
There's a 50/50 chance. If your lady has looked up places for you to stay? Preparing for you to come there? It's a better chance it is all real. Take your trip, keep your eyes open. If anything we are here to help. Get all the info, you will need it. Agency phone number and address. Your ladies and the translators info also. Take it all in as a vacation. If the lady is true it's an added bonus to the trip.

Offline Jadams79

• http://www.myspace.com/norric_mitori
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2009, 05:33:28 pm »
Andreas,
I say go for it, be aware of the bad experiences, maybe our pounding of their agency has done some good. Try to have a good trip. Just my 2 cents worth. Gotta follow your own heart, if you trust its her go for it.
Can't fix stupid.

Vince G

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2009, 05:35:58 pm »
Andreas another thing is to bring the hotel name and address in chinese (in case). Oh and Welcome to the Forum. :blush:

Arnold

« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2009, 05:49:36 pm »
Andreas , I do as Vince and Jadams suggest . Not all Girls and Translator's are bad from a flagged Agency . The one in Guangzhou , where I found my Wife had many bad wrap's about it also . Everything went as smooth as could be . I know the language barrier is a problem being on your own in a strange Country . If thing's , say .. are not what there seem to be , stay in a Hotel that is at least a four star , they will all have People there speaking English , to make it easier for you to plan nice Trip's and Sightseeing Tour's and where to find good places to eat , ect. . I myself had all that planned out , but then I met my now Wife , anyway .. I was prepared to do it on my own as well . So Heads up and start feeling good about going . Don't let your Countryman down .

Offline Danny

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2009, 06:32:51 pm »
Quote from: 'Andreas' pid='7324' dateline='1246741420'

Well, what can I say, the whole post is interesting and at the same time I really do not know what to do now.

Good luck Andreas. My woman lives in Zhuhai too. It seems like my second home, even though I've only visited once. I think about the streets and shops all the time. Home is where the heart is *laughs*

My woman is from an agency with a dreadful reputation too. It happens to be from Zhuhai as well. What is it with that town? *laughs*

But I speak to her regularly on the telephone and write to every second day and have visited her once already.

I think for a serious and long term relationship it is absolutely essential that you communicate outside chnlove.

If I had to start from scratch, I would still consider using chnlove, but I would explain that after some bad experiences I want to be able contact her directly, even if it is just some fumbled and mispronounced words over the telephone.

It really calms you down I think.

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2009, 08:23:14 pm »
Andreas, my wife was at one time registered with P518 even though she lived in Fujian, and every woman in Fujian was reportedly to be after the green card only, so there are exceptions to every thing, go for it and at least have a good time, Zhuhai is a beautiful city.
By the way welcome to the brotherhood
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:24:10 pm by MLM »
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline davidaquincy

« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2009, 09:02:03 pm »
Andreas, follow your heart! I haven't been on much the past month. I was one scammed by an agency in CHengdu though.  My girl never got the letters. They were all sent by the translator. But after we met we had a wonderful time. I am still in contact with said lady and I am planning a return trip in Sept/Oct. The miss information was what brought as even closer.

If your lady doesn't show up (and as I read everything you have said I doubt it). Get your bearings straight. Get to the hotel. Contact the translator and your lady. If you get no response then enjoy the culture, food and surroundings.

China is a great experience. You have 10 days if anything goes wrong to make your trip a memorable one! One of the things I noticed in my 15 days in China is that there are many women that would love to practice their english. All you have to do is walk around and when you get that strange look, just smile and nod your head. They will come right up and talk with you. Maybe one might meet a very sweet girl.

I hope your trip is memorable and wish you the best of luck!!!

David

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2009, 09:21:23 pm »
Andreas if she has gone to that much trouble finding you a hotel and is going to meet you.  You have to go. Like has been said plan for the worst and hope for the best.  I have a feeling it will work for you.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2009, 01:18:35 am »
The guys are right if she went to trouble to arrange reservations and whatnot she is probably as real as they get. Welcome and enjoy your trip here.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Neil

• happily married, working on immigration
  • Zhangping, Fujian bound.
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2009, 01:51:28 am »
Have you tried to schedule a webcam meeting or phone call?  It really eases your fears when you can see the beautiful woman talking to you and smiling or hear her sweet sweet voice.
...as irresistible as chocolate