Author Topic: Greetings !!  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
Greetings !!
« on: July 18, 2009, 02:56:01 pm »
Hello everyone.  This is just a quick note to introduce myself as a new member. I joined Chnlove about 1 month ago and from reading the forums there discoverd the existance of this forum.

I just want to say thanks to all the veteran members both at chnlove and here for all your wonderfull posts and advice I have found so far.

Regards,

Brian Mc

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
RE: Greetings !!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 03:00:39 pm »
Best of luck for your search
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 03:25:26 pm »
Welcome Brian Mc, What we had written in the official forum is probably buried in the archives by now. Ask what you need to and it doesn't take a few days to see it posted here.  Being a newbie you will be doing much reading to get your answers I'm sure others has asked before.

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 04:14:21 pm »
Welcome to the brotherhood mate, hope you have a lovely journey...:icon_biggrin:

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 04:53:12 pm »
Welcome to the brotherhood Brain MC, I hope your search turns out as good as some of the others and mine has, good luck, best wishes, and happy hunting.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.  I tend to lurk more than I post but since this is a forum near and dear to our hearts I may just open up a bit, and no worries Vince G, I do tend to read much of teh postings before asking questions, so I wont be asking things like " can I get to china by bus?" or things of a sexual nature or who pays for the translations lol.  I have and continue to do my homework.

Anyway thanks again all of you vets for the wisdom and patience you continue to show and share.

Regards,

Brian Mc

Arnold

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 09:01:07 pm »
A warm Welcome to you Brain Mc from the Office upstair's .:icon_cheesygrin:
Have a successful journey and get used to the Humour that some of us here have .

Offline Greg

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:12:21 pm »
Welcome Brian.  You will find this site very helpful in your search for your true love.  Everyone here is great and the information in very, very helpful.  I have been communicating with a wonderful lady and she wants me to visit her in February to spend the Chinese New Year with her.  With all the forums here, I will be very prepared for my trip.

Good luck and do lots of reading!

Cheers!
My :heart: is in China.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 10:03:41 pm »
Wecome Brian. I'm glad you found the brotherhood and find the information useful. Not everyone feels the need to post unless they feel they have something useful to offer so feel free to sit and read and offer an idea or point of view when you feel it could be useful.

Best of luck to ya!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:08:54 pm by Ed W »
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline JimB

• http://www.jandyenterprises.com
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 10:43:21 pm »
Everyone here is supportive.  each in their own way.  You actually may not like some things but it is all from the heart and meant to help not hurt.  Good luck in your search.  I  think the first question to ask yourself is, Am I serious?  This is not an easy journey and you need patience and understanding.  Do not let the bad things get you down as they are all learning experiences. And if you are truly serious about this, it will happen for you.  Just go back and read some of the journeys we have taken here. All of them have had their downfalls and misunderstandings.  But once you have found her, remember THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: 24 HOURS.  Learn it Live it.
To find her, read read and read again.  Once you see the pitfalls you will know how to avoid them.  Like I said if you are serious, you will do it.  Good luck and welcome to the brotherhood.  If you cant find something do not be afraid to ask.
Maxx's 24 hour rule, learn it, live it.

shaun

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 10:58:16 pm »
Quote from: 'JimB' pid='8998' dateline='1247971401'

Everyone here is supportive.  each in their own way.  You actually may not like some things but it is all from the heart and meant to help not hurt.  Good luck in your search.  I  think the first question to ask yourself is, Am I serious?  This is not an easy journey and you need patience and understanding.  Do not let the bad things get you down as they are all learning experiences. And if you are truly serious about this, it will happen for you.  Just go back and read some of the journeys we have taken here. All of them have had their downfalls and misunderstandings.  But once you have found her, remember THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: 24 HOURS.  Learn it Live it.
To find her, read read and read again.  Once you see the pitfalls you will know how to avoid them.  Like I said if you are serious, you will do it.  Good luck and welcome to the brotherhood.  If you cant find something do not be afraid to ask.

Ha!  I laugh at the 24 hour rule.  Not really, it is good to follow.  Greetings Brian.

Offline Ed W

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 11:37:16 pm »
yes. the 24hr rule is paramount. It's almost unheard of that you wont find her saying somthing that will blow you right from the water. Always lend yourself to the idea that it's a misunderstanding. You'll find it's nearly always the case. Their culture guides them in so many ways that it's almost unavoidable she'll say something you'll miscontrue but was not meant the way she intended or she didn't understand.

The fact this is not an easy journey is very true. Even after marriage, you'll still be dealing with many more issues unrelated to dating but now dealing with family, traditions, expectations in the family, and so on. Your in for a life long journey to learn and understand her, her family, her traditions, and so many things that make her a chinese woman. she'll respect your understanding  as well as your commitment. She was born chinese and will always be chinese. You can't change that. Don't for a moment think one day you'll have a western woman. You can take the girl from the trailerpark, but you cant take the trailerpark from the girl. She will happily meet you in the middle if you give her the chance. Just understand she has no, or little, idea of western ways but what she's heard from others who honestly have no idea.
Alright earthlings, what form do you want me to take?....How about a taco, ....that craps icecream?  My trip to china

Offline Danny

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 05:21:43 am »
Quote from: 'Ed Watson' pid='9003' dateline='1247974636'

yes. the 24hr rule is paramount. It's almost unheard of that you wont find her saying somthing that will blow you right from the water. Always lend yourself to the idea that it's a misunderstanding. You'll find it's nearly always the case.

Ed, you're so right about that.

I wish someone had told me that right at the beginning about the 24 hour rule.

Before I met the woman I am writing to at the moment, my dear Yang, I was used to having arguments about more or less nothing.

I can remember in the past having arguments about how my words made my correspondent feel, about what she hoped I would have written, about just silly misunderstandings (ie with other people, not with Yang).

This has never, ever happened with Yang. Not once.  

I learned from her that no-one can "make" you act rudely or impolitely or aggressively or unpleasantly. Whatever the provocation, you choose how you're going to respond. If you're a fine person, you act well, even when everyone else around you is acting badly. I haven't reached this standard, but it's certainly something to aspire to.

Danny

Vince G

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 11:18:23 am »
You know Ed what you say is true (She was born chinese and will always be chinese). At some midway point Song and I talked about this. As I told her, She's chinese and I want her to stay that. :icon_biggrin:

Offline Brian Mc

• Zhen Li
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 02:25:20 am »
Quote from: 'Ed Watson' pid='9003' dateline='1247974636'

yes. the 24hr rule is paramount. It's almost unheard of that you wont find her saying somthing that will blow you right from the water. Always lend yourself to the idea that it's a misunderstanding. You'll find it's nearly always the case. Their culture guides them in so many ways that it's almost unavoidable she'll say something you'll miscontrue but was not meant the way she intended or she didn't understand.

The fact this is not an easy journey is very true. Even after marriage, you'll still be dealing with many more issues unrelated to dating but now dealing with family, traditions, expectations in the family, and so on. Your in for a life long journey to learn and understand her, her family, her traditions, and so many things that make her a chinese woman. she'll respect your understanding  as well as your commitment. She was born chinese and will always be chinese. You can't change that. Don't for a moment think one day you'll have a western woman. You can take the girl from the trailerpark, but you cant take the trailerpark from the girl. She will happily meet you in the middle if you give her the chance. Just understand she has no, or little, idea of western ways but what she's heard from others who honestly have no idea.

Thanks for the heartfelt welcome guys and also the great advice.  To Ed Watson  no worries my friend the last thing I would ever think of doing is to change her into a western woman, perish the thought.  As for her trailer park  I would be just as happy to live there as here, as you all agree the adress is just geography its the entwining of the hearts and souls that count.  Oh and I hope after an entire life of marriage she still has little knowledge of western ways.

Regards,
Brian Mc