Author Topic: Anyone going to Changsha  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Agarn

Anyone going to Changsha
« on: July 23, 2009, 05:57:02 pm »
HI gang

I will be in Changsha on sept 7th for a couple of weeks, just wondered if any other members will be in the city at this time, pot luck but worth a call.

Agarn

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
RE: Anyone going to Changsha
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 06:21:47 pm »
I might be in Changsha sometime after the 16th.  I don't know exactly when I will be there yet.

shaun

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 10:02:23 pm »
Some day...  Late December.

Offline Nad

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:45:05 am »
Quote from: 'Agarn' pid='9666' dateline='1248386222'

HI gang

I will be in Changsha on sept 7th for a couple of weeks, just wondered if any other members will be in the city at this time, pot luck but worth a call.

Agarn

Hi Agarn,
Yes I am going to be in Changsha from the the 22nd of September.
Regards Alan .

Offline Agarn

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 03:25:47 pm »
Hi  guys

looks like il be leaving as 2 of you arrive, close, but at least others are traveling there.  Martin i gather you have been there before, all i know so far is that there is a river there, haha, not much in my guide book, have to get on the net,

thanks anyway fellas

Offline Peter

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 06:43:53 am »
I can fill you in a bit Agarn. As I know that Martin also agree with me I will tell you that Changsha is a great city. I will start with a useful links: http://www.chinaculture.org/gb/en_travel/2003-09/24/content_33694.htm
Changsha is the famous city of artists for song and dancing shows and at the big theater is always a good performance to see. There is also the Hunan Provincial Museum and the famous 2 000 years old lady, a must see if you are interested in some old Chinese culture. The Martyrs park is also a place to visit and you must go along the river in the daytime and also in the evening to see all the people doing all kind of things. Climb the mountain on the other side of the river or visit the island..
The shopping is very good and things isn't expensive. My favorite street is a small pedestrian street that runs a block from the river. You also have the big shopping street in the center of the city. Buy Jade is also good because it isn't expensive at all..
Most of all enjoy the Changsha food. It is very spicy with a lot of Chili in it so be warned.. I love it..
There is a lot more to do but this is the one I recommend most.
I have 8 more days to spend in Changsha before I will return to Sweden but I will enjoy every minute of it..
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

shaun

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 08:27:22 am »
Peter thanks for the web site, taking a short glance at it to see what kind of info is there I will need to spend many hours studying it in the near future.  It appears there is a lot of good information there.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 05:30:38 pm »
Thanks Peter

All information is welcome, my friend [not getting carried away] has mentioned walking by the river, a favorite pastime i think.
2000 year lady, i assume mummified, i find that sort of thing facsinating, will check it out.
Thanks for the site

Agarn

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 10:33:55 pm »
I have to agree with everything Peter said.  Changsha is my favourite city in China...not that I have been to many...but from what I saw, I love Changsha.

Stay away from the spa's!!!It is a very traumatizing experience. haha.

Like Peter said, the food is spicy.  It is a Hunan thing.  I personally love the spicy food, but if you are not used to hot spice, this might be hard to get used to.

Changsha is a very friendly city.  So much to see and do there.  Enjoy every moment...I know I look very forward to returning there.  My brother-in-law will be getting married, so I believe we will be going to the ceremony there.

If you are going to buy souvenirs, make sure your wife does the buying...and the bartering.  Both Peter and I can both attest to the amount of money you will save by letting the ladies do the buying.  We both have a silk screen picture thingy that we each got for well below the original asking price.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:35:50 pm by Martin »

Offline Andy

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 01:58:20 am »
I am planing to travel to Changsha before the year ends. Did anyone find any good deals on airplane tickets? I will be flying out of Los Angeles. Is it worth to buy a ticket to Hong Kong, then buy another ticket to Changsha? I just wondering if it is cheaper to buy the ticket there.

Offline Agarn

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 02:50:51 am »
Martin,   not married just yet, haha
No worries about the food, but now i want to go to the spa, curious
I  have experienced the dress buying prformace, next time shopping il take a book to read, haha
[attachment=393][attachment=394]

Andy
A combined ticket to Changsha  may or may not be cheaper than buying seperate tickets but you can check this on the net, when checking seperate tickets consider crossing from Hong Kong to Shenzhen, flights fom there are much cheaper than fron HK

Offline Peter

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 04:16:05 am »
Agarn.. I hope you will visit the Spa because it is great. Don't forget to get a Foot massage too... If the Foot massage is properly done it is a great thing to have after your flight. The will not only massage your foot but also your neck and arms. My wife took me to the massage the day after my arrival and I felt very good after it..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:16:27 am by Peter »
Better to be married to a wife from Changsha then have 7000 women in Chnlove

Offline Marcelles

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2009, 05:22:19 am »
Hi Agarn  i will flying from Sydney  to ChangSha on the 4th to visit my Fiancee. Let me know if you want to contact.
Marc

Offline Agarn

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 04:39:09 am »
Hi  Marc

Excellent!

Can you mail me direct at  agarn46@yahoo.com  to many problems with site to use PM system  to be sure we communicate.

Thanks  Agarn