Author Topic: Re Tim Yip  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Willy The Londoner

• Beyond The Dream in China
  • Board Moderator
  • Hair today - gone tomorrow!!
Re Tim Yip
« on: July 24, 2009, 02:57:49 am »
Just received the following cellphone text message from 'Tim Yip'

Ist text
'Im so sorry to tell u that i was fired just now. someone told my boss about my post '

2nd text

'someone told the forum to HK head office and then my boss received a call from HK at last I lost job.  Im going back to hometown to see my Mom.  Thx I use my real name'

I see his postings have been removed but thought everyone should know what he says has happened.

I am aware that a p368 translator does read this forum.

Willy
Willy The Lpndoner

Now in my 12th year living here,

Offline raymond-

RE: Re Tim Yip
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 04:11:29 am »
personally, i was disappointed with the response here.  i thought it could have been better handled w/o
it turning into a pile-on, beat down.  granted, the OP's information was lacking in terms of clarity and
accuracy, but I felt there was room for us to communicatie in more mature fashion as well.  when
much of the advice and support we give each other centers around '24-hours' and trying to bridge the
culture gap, it seemed to me that it simply was allowed to turn into a schoolyard playground.  just
some thoughts sitting here....and in no way diminishes my support for the group here.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 04:12:23 am by raymond- »
raymond-
47º34'N 122º18'W

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 06:19:48 am »
I'm I missing the point here...., Tim was working for a Chnlove agency, has 'he'  NOT got access to a computer where he could still 'dish' the 'dirt' on their activities even under an assumed name, to hide his identity from them?

Maybe, just maybe we could for once, have the 'heads up' on the scamming agencies that do exist?

Willy has the Cell number, could he talk with the person and try and coax into revealing 'the truth' he has already lost his job?

Offline Darius

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 06:25:45 am »
I agree mostly with you. But if you can find some free time go to the pfishy and you will see how many members of our brotherhood mentioned by name maybe without their knowing literally abused. Then it stands to reason that trust is a main issue hier.

Tim still seems  strange to me. I ask myself how could it be that a translator with 4 years experiences in this business has registered with his real name and named the agency in his post!!! too careless? but your right so as a member everybody should enjoy the same support, acceptance and good behavior as the others as long as it is not clear about his intentions. If it´s happened so as it seems to be it would be a human tragedy.

May be Martin, Irish and the other Mods should find a way to protect the members against some rotten agencies and the pfishies. i think it is worth a thought to close the access to one/some part of this forum to the public to discuss the sensetive issues in those threads to protect the members even the translators against them. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Naturally they still have the option to register with fake names. But it may be easier to sort them out.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 06:37:07 am »
I don't see why you guys are feeling bad for this person. His posts were nothing but propoganda trying to win our favor with the said agencies. I don't believe two words he spouted. Him losing his job is highly unlikely because he or she more than likely owns the agency. Do you think they agency would actually be that swift in firing this guy. The Chinese draw everything out and wouldn't have gotten around to it for a week. After a day of getting stomped into the ground he realized he was outclassed and we weren't buying into it. If he or she was real why is he not posting since the said employee has nothing else to lose so why open the floodgates and expose the real underbelly of the beast that has been burning the brotherhood. Wake up guys and don't be naive. Everything he said has been lies and misinformation at best. Oh yeah, he must not have access to a computer or internet cafe in his hometown, must live in Tibet I guess. Don't buy a word of this drama unfolding, Mom didn't raise no fool.
China Shark Mike
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

David5o

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 06:37:34 am »
Does anyone here, really believe that the likes of Proteus and Tim yip are going to tell you anything you don't already know ?? If they do, it will be more by a mistake, than them trying to help anyone here.
No-one in there right mind, is going to knowingly put there job on the line, to forward your interests.

As far as i can see, this is just a confusion exercise, and it seems to have worked..... confusion rules!!

David.....

Offline MLM

• Zhou Li Weng Maines
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 06:45:46 am »
Well there are at least three people that are not confused.
TIME IS THE TELLER OF ALL TRUTHS AND THE HEALER OF ALL HURTS

Offline Danny

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 06:54:28 am »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='9716' dateline='1248431827'

I don't see why you guys are feeling bad for this person.

Some people are well intended and stupid as anything. If he was a translator and he used his real name and he got sacked then sure I feel sorry for him. I still don't know the truth of the matter. But I always reckon as a general rule, we should try to avoid harming anyone. It's better to be let down now and then, than to have unnecessarily hurt someone who may have been trying to do us a good turn.

Offline Londoner

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 09:57:04 am »
Com'n guys, do you really believe this " I lost my job rubish", I for one don't buy it. A member of the brotherhooh asked him whether his posts here were risking his job, his reply was "I don't care". If he didn't care, why should anyone of us?

Unlike Protus, I don't think this guy had anything useful to offer.

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 10:04:32 am »
Although I am new, I must agree with Danny, I cannot see how we treated this person and being one of our finest moments.  I would hope that this is not our defining moment.  I fail to understand why this group feels threatened by one individual.  Given enough time and rope, anyone will hang himself or herself if their intentions are dishonest. I would hope intelligent and civil communication would benefit us all and that we take time to listen before we judge so harshly.

Vince G

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 10:07:44 am »
I for one wanted to hear what he wanted to say. If he spouted allot of crap we would have known. Sooner or later we would have gotten the truth from him. But now we'll never know. I wondered what his agenda was? His first post was the catcher and test for reaction. A translator that doesn't know english? There wasn't anyone here buying into that crap. But why was he here? Yes we have a few guests that read here from China. hint hint

The other sites that rejects anyone that says different then they want like Pfishy are lost. They don't gain knowledge which is the basis for this forum. Believe me if this forum turned into a Pfishy site where everyone seriously curses out others? I'd be out of here.

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 10:11:54 am »
Quote from: 'Vince G' pid='9747' dateline='1248444464'

The other sites that rejects anyone that says different then they want like Pfishy are lost. They don't gain knowledge which is the basis for this forum. Believe me if this forum turned into a Pfishy site where everyone seriously curses out others? I'd be out of here.

I agree Vince, heck even the police rather have a suspect saying something, even lies, instead of dead silence. Silence gives no information, but even with lies, there are hidden truths to be revealled. And as for the jig being up China Shark, maybe all along his goal was just to bring discord to the brotherhood. Since we seem to be in disagreement here, then he succeeded. I rather not make up my mind either way on his/her motives. Silence is golden but my ears still wish to hear.

I am an alright Chess player, and I like to believe intelligent. But the Chinesse play "Go", and this game is very hard for me to grasp. So I know enough to understand that the game being played might have more hidden depths then first appears.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 10:36:23 am by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances

Vince G

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 11:37:18 am »
I relish the challenge no matter the game. I wanted to play... It was a chance for them to report it's not going to be easy. They may think we are a bunch of dumb westerners? I rather have had communication going where they see what we know then they would change their ways at that agency. But? instead we get to sit around and assume what they think.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 11:46:27 am »
Rhonald, if you are right about bringing discord yes he or she did succeed. Buzz he gave us more than enough ammunition to collapse his house of cards. I've lived here 6 months now and I really truly know the kind of dirty pool Chinese people play. Thinking like a liberal compassionate guys is wants getting you guys burned. Rule of thumb here is do whatever it takes to increase revenue that is it. I teach in schools that promises no more than 8 - 10 students per class yet my role sheet clearly indicates 14 students. Is it wrong yes, does the owner care no. The term the inscrutable Asian comes from a reality based stereotype and not some dreamed up derogatory remark against Asians. I live here I see the way it is here, it is just as dog eat dog as New York city. When it comes to business these guys are ruthless bar none.
China Shark Mike

Yes, I realize I'm not the politically correct guy, I'm the voice of reason. Do not discount information because people's feelings get hurt. If it was real he'de still be on here, in fact even more so now to get payback and retribution for being fired for being a righteous man, doesn't add up, none of it.
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 12:29:23 pm »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='9765' dateline='1248450387'

When it comes to business these guys are ruthless bar none.
China Shark Mike

If it was real he'de still be on here, in fact even more so now to get payback and retribution for being fired for being a righteous man, doesn't add up, none of it.

Be carefull, remember my reference to the game "Go". Getting payback and retribution so quickly is our typical Western style tactic. The game of Go requires more patience. And if he was an employee, not an owner, I am sure as you pointed out, the ruthlessness of their business would give them recourse to alternate ways to hush employees.

Their culture praises tolerance and acceptance of the status quo more then ours. We like the rebel rouser or the solo gunfighter standing up for justice. Some how I bet, as a kid growing up, your the one that needed to poked a stick into a hornets nest and stir it to see what came out. :fi_lone_ranger:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 12:36:53 pm by Rhonald »
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances