Author Topic: Hello everyone. From a Newbie in Ontario  (Read 5274 times)

Offline Winter's End

RE: Hello everyone. From a Newbie in Ontario
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2009, 02:36:53 am »
Quote from: 'rcsingle1' pid='10078' dateline='1248751393'

And, in turn, I have started learning Mandarin. Wow... what a difficult language.

Hello Rob, and welcome. Although I'm still wet behind the ears here myself. lol.

I'm studying Mandarin using both Rosetta Stone and Pimsleur. Rosetta uses photo/word association and you have to be sitting at your computer where Pimsleur is a strictly conversational approach in audio format. I'm liking Pimsleur more because it can be used on a CD in the car, MP3 player, etc. no matter where you're at.

I'm not sure if we use PMs here or email (like I said, still wet behind the ears) but if you send me your mailing info I can give you the hook up.

Robert

Offline Hajo

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 11:22:28 am »
Quote from: 'China Shark' pid='10130' dateline='1248794308'

Hajo, looks like you don't talk much English either, lol. Just joshing wit you. Welcome to the land of the Eggmen. I just finally met the one I believe to be the one after 8 months, 6 months living in China. It's an amazing journey and you'll never regret it.
China Shark Mike

Well you are right Mike, I do not talk to much. I am more the practical kind of type. :blush: Congratulations, I hope she is the right one. If I could I would move to China too. Maybe in a few years, we will see.
爱你的人如果没有按你所希望的方式来爱你,那并不代表他们没有全心全意地爱你。
Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.

Offline China Shark

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2009, 11:37:20 am »
Thanks Hajo, appreciate it. Thanks for all the support in general guys. I'll be whining again now that I've found the one. It's really complicated, she's my student in two of my classes yet they will finish in a few days. However, she'll probably go onto the next book/course like the others in her class. Yes, I know guys it's not a good idea to mix pleasure with business yet it happened and it feels right and I'm 99% sure it will pan out. After all the girls I've been seeing and contemplate seeing this one appears to be the most practical caring one. So the Shark hit paydirt and in the not too distant future will soon be in the husband club once again with a China doll. I guess my posts and responses will tone down now that I have someone around making me behave. Even plan on taking her back home to see my family and friends if possible in late November 09.
China Shark Mike

PS Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Living life the way it should be. Following the path less traveled!!!!!!!!!

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2009, 04:09:12 pm »
Quote from: 'rcsingle1' pid='10155' dateline='1248814138'

Just want to say thanks, to all that have welcomed me to this site.
For all of you that are curious, I am from London, Ontario. Anybody from around here?

I used to live in London quite a few years ago.  I still have a few friends there.  I'm a few hours east of you now.

rcsingle1

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2009, 04:49:41 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='10230' dateline='1248898152'

Quote from: 'rcsingle1' pid='10155' dateline='1248814138'

Just want to say thanks, to all that have welcomed me to this site.
For all of you that are curious, I am from London, Ontario. Anybody from around here?

I used to live in London quite a few years ago.  I still have a few friends there.  I'm a few hours east of you now.

Well Martin, if you're ever in London visiting, let me know, and perhaps we can meet up sometime, and exchange stories, tips, etc.

shaun

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 05:59:17 pm »
Welcome Rob and congratz Shark. Looks like many of us are going the right direction.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:01:18 pm by shaun »

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »
I get to Toronto more often...I don't often get west of Toronto...at least not on the 401.  Maybe we should get together in the middle...table 10 at the dumpling restaurant...too bad Chong is going away for a year...guess we will have to take his Mom instead.  She almost became my wife...but dang it, she wouldn't say yes.

Offline Chong

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 09:40:33 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='10261' dateline='1248916992'

...guess we will have to take his Mom instead.  She almost became my wife...but dang it, she wouldn't say yes.

Martin still doesn't know how to say ... "Will you be my wife ?" in Mandarin. When he proposed to Zhifang, she thought he said ... "Will you find me a wife ?"

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 09:52:01 pm »
Quote from: 'Chong' pid='10265' dateline='1248918033'

...guess we will have to take his Mom instead.  She almost became my wife...but dang it, she wouldn't say yes.

Martin still doesn't know how to say ... "Will you be my wife ?" in Mandarin. When he proposed to Zhifang, she thought he said ... "Will you find me a wife ?"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rcsingle1

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 11:12:42 pm »
Quote from: 'Martin' pid='10268' dateline='1248918721'

Quote from: 'Chong' pid='10265' dateline='1248918033'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Lol. You guys are too funny!! Sounds like you have a great friendship.
Martin, I have no problem meeting sometime 1/2 way, or even in Toronto. I could use a daytrip to get away. If in TO, I'd probably go to Chinatown to spend some time, and look around. I usually like to visit there a couple times a year.

Offline Martin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2009, 11:35:30 pm »
When I go, I always end up in China town...AKA Chong's house.  Seriously though, we usually stick around Markham.  There is a large Chinese community there, and parking is easier to find than downtown.

Also, by hooking up, I can try to give you as much information as i can.  That should take about 30 seconds.  The rest of the time will be dedicated to eating dumplings.

I am headed over to China in mid September...Chong is headed over in August.  We will need you to hold down the fort for the Ontario Chapter of the Brotherhood.  Maybe we can get together after I get back.

Arnold

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2009, 11:44:19 pm »
Hahahaha ... after us three meet in Guangzhou in Sept. , nobody might be coming back :icon_cheesygrin:

Offline Joshua Smith

• Eastern Scorpion
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 11:07:21 am »
Yesssssss! Another Canadian! We're going to take over the world!! You rock Rcsingle1! :icon_cheesygrin:

Michael - "I just finally met the one I believe to be the one after 8 months, 6 months living in China."

So when were you planning on sending pics of this "the one"? C'mon now Michael, stop the slacking, you have my email. Hook a brother up. :icon_biggrin: Send me an email every once in awhile. It's like you dropped off the face of the planet. :icon_razz:
Oh crap, you guys are going to GZ. Jealous!! Say hi to my girlfriend while you're there..... :icon_cry:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:10:41 am by Joshua Smith »
"I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am."   ~ Homer Simpson ~
"Everything is something."   ~ Marge Simpson ~

Offline Josh Markley

• Inmate #cqa1265789
    • http://joshchinaadventure.blogspot.com/
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 07:26:34 pm »
Welcome aboard Rob!!!  Cant wait to hear more about you and Hong.  

I am in the same boat My Xu Le knows no English, well not ebough to put a sentence together.  So she is trying to find a school and I am getting rosetta stone.  After I get it I can burn some copies if anyone is interested haha.
麥杰德
QQ 859407630

Offline Rhonald

• Ziyan Zhou (Yan)
  • Moderators
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 11:19:43 pm »
Quote from: 'Josh Markley' pid='10964' dateline='1249428394'

So she is trying to find a school and I am getting rosetta stone.  After I get it I can burn some copies if anyone is interested haha.

What - Rosetta Stone - but I don't want to learn Egyptian :huh:
Life....It's all about finding the Chicks and Balances