Author Topic: My Translator Friend , little corner .  (Read 15153 times)

Arnold

RE: My Translator Friend , little corner .
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 08:46:18 am »
Well , I will ask the first question for C.Knot .
I see you travel quite a lot . Ten Ciyies in ten day's ? May I ask if this is for Chnlove or the Agency your with ? Is it a Translator's Job to also Travel , due to ... help some of their Member's getting together or other reason's ? Do you often Travel with a fellow worker from your Agency ?
 By the way , feel free to post wherever you like , and think you could help/clear things up for us .
Xie-xie ni , CKnot .

Scottish_Rob

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 09:23:15 am »
arnold that was 3 questions....lol:angel:

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 09:43:40 am »
Hello Everybody and my good friend Arnold

Thanks for all your warm welcoming and it is my honor to become the one member of the family and share my ideas  with you .

Thanks for your first questions , Arnold . I just arranged a hotel for an American people today and  I have some time now after the work .Yes, I travel a lot and truly speaking , I love to travel , this is  also related the translator's job , yes, sometimes I travel with the members , because  that will help the member's getting together , I would love to build this bridge for the two people . I usually work this by myself rather than with my fellow workers , because they also have their own work to do . haha   Sometimes the foreigners who want to travel China ask me to make a travel plan for them and then travel together as translator ,tour guide and bodyguard (haha  ) . Sometimes I travel for my own holiday . Yes, I visited ten cities in ten days last month , this trip includes some errands and my own holiday . But mostly for my holiday in the seaside .  Frankly speaking , I am interested in travelling and foreign language and culture .  Though the job keeps me busy and I am told that I look like a fly man . haha   I love the job of  translation and I love to exchange more with the people who come from different cultures . I am an easy-going person who loves to send my smiles to others .  Hope everyone can find a big smile from my words .  

Take care , my good friend Arnold !

Good Luck ! :heart:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:47:16 am by Chinese Knot »

Offline ahkiwi

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 09:55:05 am »
Wow, that sounds like a great job

... must be exhausting though :(
World Famous in New Zealand since ages ago.

Ali (???)
QQ: 860848209

Offline Darius

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 06:13:53 pm »
Welcome to the brotherhood Chinese Knot and thanks for coming. Arnold started the ball rolling. And i have also a lot of questions. But for the moment i am shooting just a few ones:

How important is really the issue " FACE " in chinese culture nowadays?

What are the important concerns of the ladies when they begin to talk to the men?

What services offer really the agencies and the translators to the chinese ladies?

How will act a genuine translator if he or she finds out that the lady is not that honest with the man?

What would the ladies think if we put a note for the translator about our concerns? Do they feel offended?

Thanks

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 02:53:08 pm »
Hi Darius

Thanks for your questions , it is a little late today , 2:30AM here , I just made a reservation for the hotel and flight , because  I will travel again tomorrow .  I came across your post before I go to bed .  But I would love to tell you my ideas of your questions .

1)How important is really the issue " FACE " in chinese culture nowadays?

As for the face , I think it is still play an important role in Mordern China , as you know , China has a long history and there is a "face" culture here , hehe  , when you say  great words to someone and praise   them , I think they will get more faces , of course , their real face is still same , this will make them to feel pround of themselves ,sometimes this is a good way for you to get more respect from others . But please  keep things in "control" if you know what I mean.

2)What are the important concerns of the ladies when they begin to talk to the men?
The world become smaller and smaller because of the internet ,when the ladies begin to talk to the men , I think they usually pay more attention to their country,languages ,personality ,looks ,age, race,occupation,income and their sincere intention of building a home .  Of course , there are still some others , this often depends on different ladies .

3)What services offer really the agencies and the translators to the chinese ladies?

The agencies usually need to check the ladies real ID and register for them ,some agencies also train foreign languages . The translators's main task is to translate the letters for the ladies and provide the interpretor services when the foreigners come to China and help the two people get to know each other better .

4)How will act a genuine translator if he or she finds out that the lady is not that honest with the man?

As far as I know , the genuine translator will ask the ladies stop the relationship if she think he is not the right one for her. If the ladies can not hear the advice , I think the translator would better use some indifferent words in the letters and make the men to know they are not right for each other . That will not waste the people's money and time .

5)What would the ladies think if we put a note for the translator about our concerns? Do they feel offended?
I don't think so , a note for the translator about your concerns may be useful , the ladies can understand this , because they know this will help the two people know each other better . Unless the men write love letters to the translators . (smile )

Well , I hope I answered all of your questions , your questions are more than Arnold's , hope you can get some information from my words . Good Luck ! :heart:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:55:49 pm by Chinese Knot »

Offline Andy

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 04:13:40 pm »
Hello, Chinese Knot

I always wondered what are the qualifications required by an agency to hire a translator. Do translators receive training at the agency? Do translators have an understanding of western culture beyond what they can see on the television?

Arnold

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 11:23:20 pm »
Scott , my friend is a Man (i'm sure) haha.
He works out of Beijing and happens to be my Translator for my Sister "MIN" and me .

Offline Chinese Knot

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 07:58:14 am »
:heart:
Quote from: 'Andy' pid='13474' dateline='1250712820'

Hello, Chinese Knot

I always wondered what are the qualifications required by an agency to hire a translator. Do translators receive training at the agency? Do translators have an understanding of western culture beyond what they can see on the television?

Hello Andy ,

Thanks for your question , I just came back from the capital airport , a little tired today . Very nice to hear your words . Truly speaking , there are some agencies in the mainland , I am not sure about the situation of other agencies , the translators here usually graduated from the universities  and they usually study the western culture and language in the schools.  And they need to get the relevant certificates . So it is easy for them to translate the letters and exchange the cultures across the sea .  What's more , the company also train them , frankly , I also train other translators about their translation knowledge and skills . But we have a saying in China everyone has his excellent feature, so we can always learn more from each other . Finally , I think the professional translator needs a lot of knowledge both including western and oriental , he needs to learn frequently and catch up with the times and then build a great bridge across the sea .

Good Luck ! :heart:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:02:31 am by Chinese Knot »

Vince G

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 08:53:11 am »
Hi, Chinese Knot and welcome.

Recently I read a post in the Chnlove forum. I wondered why either nobody picked up on it or if the translator knows? or if the story is false to begin with? This man wrote that he wrote this woman (1 or 2 EMF's) and she had asked him for his email address so she could send him nude photos of her? I know this goes on in other websites and the scam behind it? But I wondered how the translator let this get past him? This is also the reason I thought maybe it was a false story. Could this have happen?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 08:54:08 am by Vince G »

Offline maxx

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 09:58:23 am »
Vince I read that to.I was  thinking it was somebody.With a over active immagination.I'm interested in what Chinese Knot will have to say.

Vince G

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 10:23:00 am »
I think it's BS. (the girl asked for the email). I think the guy that posted that doesn't know the system or he wouldn't have posted that. I think he is one of those guys that likes to post false info for his own reasons. Maybe he has a gripe? or he's from another website and the competition is killing him? Or he posted it to get replies. I've seen those types before. But I thought I would ask, "maybe" it got past them or maybe the agency is sinking low and Chnlove not knowing it?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 10:23:50 am by Vince G »

Offline Buzz

• XiuRu Zhang
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 11:22:47 am »
Hello Chinese Knot;

Would it be possible for you or other translators you know, provide this forum with a viewpoint from the ladies side of the dating world.  For example, what are we doing right, and what do we need to improve upon.  From what I am reading, we men want natural pictures, e-mail, and web cam communication rather quickly.  What are the ladies expectations on these issues?  In other threads we are looking at a first visit success rate of between 30 and 40%.  What do you see in your observations that we can do to improve our success rate?  Do you observe that many different men make the same mistakes?  You are in a great position to bridge the gap between the western men and the Chinese ladies and help both sides reach their goal of a successful happy marriage.

Thanks,  buzz

Offline Andy

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 05:48:20 pm »
Great questions Buzz! I am interested at this as well.

Offline maxx

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 06:34:14 pm »
Buzz good questions.Vince yea I'm with you I think it is a bunch of B.S.